Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 75 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Hi ladies,
I had a bad night, waking up with pain on both sides of my belly. This morning I felt horrible and have a metallic taste in my mouth. No sharp pains today just discomfort all over. I've had a pain on the left side the past few days (not today) that feels like I do when I drink too much water and jog. That's the best way I know to describe it. I was at work for a couple hours and felt really faint. I'm home in bed now. I talked to the nurse and she's suppose to call me back after talking to the dr.

Mew - I'm still dealing with swelly belly. Usually it gets worse as the day goes on but today it was pretty big when I woke up. I am trying to decide whether or not I should break down and buy some new clothes so I'm not wearing sweats every day. I've tried wearing jeans that were 2 sizes bigger (before I lost weight) and they still really irritated my belly. I got rid of most of my bigger clothes so I wouldn't have the option of gaining weight...little did Iknow!

Not only are we all different in our recovering process, I am also finding that my recovery is different from day to day. I felt so good over the weekend and today I am down again.

I hope you guys are having good days today! Thanks for writing...the good and the not so good...I think we all need to hear both.
Mel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 12:21 PM

One more thing...I am use to having some "brain fog" because I have fibromyalgia but it is sooo bad right now. I can't remember people's names or whether or not I've already done something. I couldn't find my cell phone in my purse when I got home from work today. So I drove back to work only to discover it was in my pocket! I keep doing stupid things...like forgeting to mention this in my previous post. Is anyone else struggling with this?
Mel
Unread 04-02-2008, 01:41 PM

I read a page out of a tiny book each day called "Jesus Calling" - devotions for every day of the year. I would like to share today's topic as it seemed timely.
"I have promised to meet all your needs according to My glorious riches. Your deepest, most constant need is for My Peace. I have planted peace in the garden of your heart, where I live; but there are weeds growing there too: pride, worry, selfishness, unbelief. I am the Gardener, and I am working to rid your heart of these weeds. I do My work in various ways. When you sit quietly with Me, I shine the light of My presence directly into your heart. In this heavenly light, peace grows abundantly and weeds shrivel up. I also send trials into your life. When you trust Me in the midst of trouble, peace flourishes and weeds die away. Thank Me for troublesome situations; the peace they produce far outweights the trials you endure."
Sounds like Peace is the word for today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 02:20 PM

bella thanks for sharing all of that. God's peace is what i seek each day.
mele thanks for telling me that you are still dealing with this swelly belly as well. it is comforting to know that we have this site to share with one another! peace, i am glad that i made you feel better! its the mother in me i guess!
well, i am hurting a little bit more now than i was earlier today and i am trying to decide what to do. i am suppose to go to church this evening
blessings
Unread 04-02-2008, 02:51 PM

Bella, I loved it!!! Thank you for sharing. It truly is when we quiet our minds and seek Jesus through reading God's Word and also through prayer, that is when our minds are reset and placed on the right path. The fellowship with God is soooo sweet when we bend the knee. Praise Him!
Unread 04-02-2008, 03:17 PM

Hi Ladies,
I have my 6 week mark tomorrow and it is also the 1 week marker of my radiation treatments. I saw the radiation doctor today and he said all is going well. They drew my blood to check my white blood count. I've been knocked low with a stomach bug and they want to be sure it's viral and not from the radiation. I really hope it's viral because then I will feel better soon. I booked my trip to Las Vegas and come hell or high water, I plan on being on that plane on April 19th. My college friend from 30 years ago is driving from Los Angeles to meet with me and we'll celebrate my triumph over cancer! My mom and her friend will fly from FL and stay with us too. I'm so excited. It really makes a difference to have something to look forward to. Unlike some of you career women, I only have a little part time job as a nursery school teacher on Tues & Thurs. for 3 hours. I've chosen not to return until the radiation is over. You know how the little ones don't have the best hygiene and I don't think I want to risk getting their germs. But I sure miss them. There's nothing like a 2 year old telling you "I love you". It makes me want to melt. I've been doing it for 9 years and I hope to do it for many more.
I finally washed my kitchen floor today, as well as both bathroom floors too. The guys have been doing their best to keep up with things, but a broom doesn't quite handle the mess. I use a portable steam cleaner for my tile floors. It was a lot more strenuous than vacuuming so I hope I'm not too sore later. I needed to be physical to take my mind off the headache and woozy stomach I still have. Now as I sit here at the computer with my Tabby cat, Franklin on my lap, I feel a sense of calm and I think things will be alright. I hope all of you have a good day and that tomorrow is better.
P.S. I think eating all the oatmeal I've consumed has protected me from the real nightmares of diarreah. I'm only a little weak but definately not dehydrated.
Jett
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Replies

Mew: I was given the go ahead to resume sexual activities and I have, once. I was very anxious and to be totally truthful, I just wanted to “do it” to say OK, I’ve done it, it works and all is well. Next time I’m hoping for a little more relaxation from my nerves! DH was SO VERY GOOD about everything and gentle and all of that…we were very cautious but I was very happy that it worked out and is OVER maybe this week-end we’ll try again. The interesting thing was that the incision and swelly belly didn’t bother me AT ALL I thought it would which I was very surprised by and thankful.

Amy: I had my appt last week at 5.5 weeks and started a light routine at the gym, well now I’m doing most of my exercises in the weight area with less weight and some machines I am not doing because it would be very uncomfortable. I’ve been doing 15 minutes on the recumbent bike, my weight routine which is 20 – 30 minutes and finishing with 30 minutes of elyptical. Each day my weight routine changes and sometimes I change it up with running, but I’m not there yet.

Kim: I went back half days this week and I would recommend EVERYONE do it if they can. I’ve had a tiny nap each day this week and I hadn’t any naps since I got home from the hospital. It also reminds everyone your not 100% . The newest comments I am getting at work is “you sure don’t walk as fast and speedy as you used to” and my reply is “no, certainly not.” The pool sounds LOVELY..although I can not swim and have a fear of water. I do like reading about it though and do enjoy the beach.

Peace: All I can say honey is “big hugs” for you…gentle hugs…light duty means scaling back what you were doing. Be patient remember when we thought six weeks was rough..well three is only half that. Hopefully you will be where your gyn wants you to be in two weeks. Take heart, all WILL be well. I also agree with sheps comments about the first dr..idiot!

Homebuddy: Eat, Pray, Love was a MARVELLOUS book I would recommend it to all.

Poet: Yep, feels like we’ve known each other forever. Quite honestly, I do not know how we would have made it without one another.

Mel: I am also noticing a difference with the recovery day to day. I too am still having the swelly belly and YECK is all I can say about it. It is worse after sitting at my desk at work for four hours and I can’t wait to get home & TEAR MY CLOTHES OFF..LOL..and that is exactly what I do.

Jett: Kudos to you on celebrating your triumph over cancer. That will be an amazing trip, and just what your soul needs!! HUGS

As far as my recovery goes, I'm having some tugging on the right side which is really wierd because it does NOT hurt when I exercise, it doesn't hurt when I do something, but it hurts when I do nothing..WHAT???!!! Tomorrow I work the afternoon shift, so maybe some morning rest will help and tonight I'm lying low also.

Keep on keeping on ladies..we are AMAZING..
Unread 04-02-2008, 06:41 PM

Hi Ladies,

I had my 6 week check-up yesterday which went well. The Dr said there were still some internal stitches on the vaginal cuff which are still healing therefore I need to wait at least a couple more weeks before resuming sex. DH has taken this to mean that in 2 weeks we have a date! Dr suggested to now focus on increasing activity & fitness level by walking, going back to the gym and resuming a light fitness regime. I am happy to say that I am really looking forward to working out once again, and I feel I have the energy to do it. I am having next week off work on sick leave and then having 2 weeks of holiday leave (school holidays) so by the time I go back to work I should be back on top of things.

The Dr said my surgery went perfect, she showed me pictures of my uterus and said it was 12cm long (average is 7cm) and was 200gms (average less than 100g). I should have asked for one of the pictures to place on the dartboard!

I feel really well at the moment, I have no tugs or pains, burning or tenderness and barely a swelly belly. Four days ago I woke up feeling so good and felt on top of the world, by afternoon I was feeling lousy again. The next day was a really lousy day with lots of burning etc, yesterday and today are good days. I feel as if I am taking leaps and bounds forward, not just the tiny steps I had been taking, and that I have turned a corner in my recovery.

DH has suggested we go out to dinner tonight to celebrate my wellbeing, and I think I shall accept his offer.

Enjoy your day!
Unread 04-02-2008, 06:58 PM

congrats Louise! enjoy your dinner. sorry you have a couple of weeks of healing to go. i know what you mean about waking up feeling good and then lousy in the evening. i didn't even go to church tonight. i just dont' feel very well. but tomorrow is another day
blessings
Unread 04-02-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaluna241
I read a page out of a tiny book each day called "Jesus Calling" - devotions for every day of the year. I would like to share today's topic as it seemed timely.
"I have promised to meet all your needs according to My glorious riches. Your deepest, most constant need is for My Peace. I have planted peace in the garden of your heart, where I live; but there are weeds growing there too: pride, worry, selfishness, unbelief. I am the Gardener, and I am working to rid your heart of these weeds. I do My work in various ways. When you sit quietly with Me, I shine the light of My presence directly into your heart. In this heavenly light, peace grows abundantly and weeds shrivel up. I also send trials into your life. When you trust Me in the midst of trouble, peace flourishes and weeds die away. Thank Me for troublesome situations; the peace they produce far outweights the trials you endure."
Sounds like Peace is the word for today!

Thanks so much Bella! That was in deed very timely for me. I often get too busy to be still and listen to God or experience his closeness. Before surgery I thought I would do a lot of that during my recovery and guess what..I didn't. Perhaps this additional time of recovery is meant for that purpose.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register