Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 85 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

My dear Jett,
I just had to respond to you. I wish I ad been at your service. I am not good at doing nothing. If I keep busy busy, then I do not have to think or feel to much. I want to try and take you beautiful thoughts on board and give them a chance to work for me to. You are so right, you can not jump back into your life---neither can I. I know I have to make another kind of life, by myself, but I am not sure how to do that just yet. In spite of myself, I keep going---I know the quality will improve in Gods time not mine.
They keep telling me up at the hospice, that my grief is a proccess and can not be hurried or short cut. I do know that now.
Jett, you are being so open to the spirit and I can tell it is helping you.
Lots of love to you. If I was near you, I would give you lots of hugs.
Sheila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 10:42 AM

sheila, i am ashamed to say i did not taste it. no, he isn't irish but when we do have international meals people do try to find recipes and make it. i have no idea if he is of Irish descent or not, but regardless-i wasn't very hungry and only ate one slice of pizza and a very little bit of my arroz con pollo.
i am about to leave in a few minutes for my post op appt. i think i am going to end up seeing my surgeon. i called this morning to reschedule due to some complications at home and they changed it to april 14 but she said "she won't be in," and i asked if she was talking about the dr the appt was set for because i was actually suppose to see my doctor and she said their shifts are different so you will be seeing her. well, i got off the phone and told my dh that it was rescheduled for april 14th and he said i will call work and tell them i can't go, you have to go to the doctor. well i called back 4 minutes later and they told me it was too late that i had cancelled the appt. well, when i tried to ask if there was something she could do i started crying and my dh was complaining (loudly) in the background that no i needed to be seen. i was quite embarrassed. i know he meant well and he was just upset that he had changed his work schedule and knows all the pain i am still having so he was reacting to that. so, anyway, she asked me if i was okay and i told her no that i realize i called to cancel but i'm past my 6 weeks and still not doing good and i was sorry that i called to cancel but needed to be seen. she had empathy for me and she told me to hold on. a few minutes later she came on and just said, just come in. i am so thankful that they put me back into the line up. first i do understand in a way that i did cancel but its not like i waited 4 hours to call back and say i still wanted to be seen-it was 4 minutes later..oh well, i just need to trust God in all of this. i was feeling so good this morning and now its starting to hurt.
hope to come back with a wonderful post for you ladies to rejoice with me about!! we will see
blessings
Unread 04-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Good News from hyster sisters web hostess!

I asked what will happen to this thread and here's the reply I got:

<<Hi Kim,

The thread gets moved after it's been on the
post-op board for around
8 weeks. The entire thread gets moved so you
won't lose any of your
posts, and it will be separate from any other
"date club" threads.

Catherine
Help Desk
>>

YAY! we have nothing to worry about on this site-- phewww, one less thing to think about.

I missed my cardio followup appt this morning--it's just to hand in our calendar of how much exercise we do--this is my last one. My belly was burning and I was exhausted (all that running around yesterday I guess) so I called and will see them Wednesday before I go to my half day of work!

Kind of excited and kind of down about returning. I'm enjoying being home with my doggy so much. We've bonded and she's settled in to her new home here, she's gotten herself back on her supper schedule, not the same as the one she had at the shelter, so I can tell she feels like she's "home" now.

Our firm let's people bring their dog to work at all the other offices, but the building manager at our location won't allow it so we are the one office that can't do this. Maybe I should move to Phoenix or one of the other offices ? kidding. way too hot there.

So we're all heading to Tasmania to check out that new pizza oven in a few months eh?
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 10:55 AM

Marta
Hugs to you! Good luck at your appt!
we're all behind you!
Unread 04-07-2008, 01:30 PM

Praise God, and thank all of you for our prayers.
My appointment went well. Got to see the doctor who did my surgery. She is wonderful. Anyway, she said things looked good. my incision looked great and when she did the pelvic exam she said things looked like they healed okay. I told her about the pain on my right side and she asked me if i had felt any type of mass. of course with my belly fat, how am i suppose to! but anyway, i told her no. she felt around all my tenderness and where i am having the most pain and she told me that my right side may be more sensitive and sore because that may be the side that they started stitching on. She said they do pull tight and stitch it to bind it really good. she said i may have some pulling from that. anyway, she did tell me to keep an eye on it and use heat on it as well as ibuprofen when needed .she said if the pain increases or doesn't ease off in the next few weeks to call her because they will want to see me. But she felt strong that there is nothing major wrong. anyway, the great news is that my pathogy report looked great. she said there was no cancer in anything that they removed. Praise God!! What she didnt' give me were specifics about my uterus. after my surgery she told me that it was double the size of a normal uterus but i was hoping for size and stuff. i wonder if i can call and ask for a copy of my report? i am just so thankful that everything is going well. after the horrible week i had last week, i was concerned. thank you ladies for putting up with me.
so, i have been released to EASE back into my normal routine. I asked about exericising and she told me to continue to build up my walking and that i can do arm and leg exercises but to be very gentle getting into stomach exercises and to take some time to build into that . she also said i am free to engage in sexual activity but urged me to ease into that as well.
so, anyway..........of course that is the first thing my dh asked about. he's been so wonderful about it all of this time......i am kind of nervous about it all.
Unread 04-07-2008, 01:33 PM

i got cut off, here is the rest of it. i am sure he will be patient with me so i am not stressed about it.

i'm a little sore after all that pressing on my tummy but feel better. my energy level has increased so much since friday!! i'm glad i finally turned that corner.
shep thanks for the hug and good thoughts. i appreciate it.
talk to you all soon
i am so glad our thread will stick around. i hope everyone posts every now and then. i hate to think that we will all lose touch after the connections we have made!!
blessings
Unread 04-07-2008, 01:46 PM

so glad all is well MEW!
Unread 04-07-2008, 03:17 PM

Yay Mew! Glad you got to see your doctor and that she thinks everything will be fine!

Kim, Thanks so much for taking time to find out about our posts. YIPEE! We can stay together!

Sheila, I wish there was something I could do to make things better for you, but I think its true that only time can heal some things. Maybe this time of healing is for you to stop trying to be so busy in order to forget and just be still and let God comfort and heal you. I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling but I know that God knows and that He is there for you as are we. I pray that when you are feeling down, you can imagine all of us, your sisters- black, white, brown, young, old, thin, and large thinking of you and giving you a big hug and sending our love to you!

Just came in from post op check up, all is well and I've been cleared to resume all of my activities (as able!). Back to work, at least I can do half days if I need to for a while. I was telling my boss how blessed I was to work for our organization and specifically for her. They are a wonderful bunch of people and I'm so grateful to be there. I'm praying that all of us will continue in our healing and be well soon. Love you all!
Unread 04-07-2008, 03:34 PM

Hi Kim,
Thank you for sorting out about our thread. Sorry I am not as good at this as some of you, but will we remain in the post op section under our date. That is where I go to.
You know me Kim---just a simple Irish girl.
Love
Sheila
Unread 04-07-2008, 03:37 PM

Hi Poet,
Thank you for that beautiful messsage. I really do get my daily top up of hope and love from this site. I know I just have to go through this proccess now. I know my life will change---I just need to be patient.
Thank you Poet for the beautiful picture of all my multicultural sisters hugging me. I will try and recall that when I need to feel love.
God bless
Sheila

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register