Newbie - sort of | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Newbie - sort of Newbie - sort of

Unread 06-16-2002, 06:51 PM
Newbie - sort of

I'm a newbie here. Actually I haven't posted here in a couple of years.

I was originally diagnosed with Stage 3C ovarian cancer July 9, 1999 at age 28. TAH/BSO with 3 months of chemo (cisplatin, bleomycin & etoposide).

Was all clear for almost three years. Had a weird mass show up on my yearly CT scan. Had surgery to find out that the beast was back. Between my rectum and my tail bone of all places.

I will be having more surgery on July 9th (my anniversary date of diagnosis, how creepy is that?). I will have a temporary colostomy done at that time, followed by radiation. I have no idea what to expect or anything yet.

I will be meeting with my oncologist on the 28th of June to set up an appointment with a radiation oncologist to go over course of treatment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2002, 03:00 AM
Newbie - sort of

Tara,

s, sweetie!

I spotted your post in the 'Stories' forum that is a read-only forum, so I've moved it here where we can give you our best wishes and HUGS!

Unread 06-18-2002, 06:18 AM
Newbie - sort of

s Tara

My heart goes out to you!!! There are other ladies on this forum dealing with a recurrence of ovarian cancer as well. It's certainly is the nature of that nasty beast.
You are young and hopefully very strong. The fact that you had a disease free three year period bodes well for you. You body should react well with any treatment they prescribe. Was chemotherapy not an option at this time?
I hope you keep in contact with us.
Your attitude sounds upbeat and that is truly half the battle.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hang in there Tara. Hopefully a cure is coming!!!!

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2002, 10:14 AM
Newbie - sort of

Sorry to hear that you have a recurrence, but it sounds like your doctors are on top of it. You will definitely be in my prayers that this beast will be tamed.

Big 's for you.
Unread 06-18-2002, 11:32 AM
Newbie - sort of

Thank you all for the warm wishes. Since I've already had chemo, they're going the radiation route.

I don't know what to expect with that yet, since I haven't met with the radiation oncologist yet.

Thank you all again for the welcome and my prayers to you all.

Unread 06-18-2002, 01:09 PM
Newbie - sort of

Tara.....I just want to let you know that I will certainly be adding you to my intentions.
I am so sorry to hear of the recurrence. Stay strong!!!! You will beat it once again!!!!!!!!!!
Valentina
Unread 06-18-2002, 03:03 PM
Welcome, But Sorry About Recurrence

Three years--that's wonderful that you had that much remission. I hope this new surgery and radiation will help you. Sounds like the doctors are on top of things and we've all got you added to our prayer lists.
Unread 06-18-2002, 03:21 PM
Newbie - sort of

HI, TARA
I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR OF THE RETURN.
THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THE DOCTORS HAVE A TREATMENT AND THEY WILL KILL ALL
THE BAD CELLS AGAIN.
MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.
HANG IN THERE, IT WORKED THE 1ST TIME, IT'LL WORK AGAIN.
Unread 06-18-2002, 09:13 PM
Thanks Again!

You all are so nice to welcome me to your little world on the web. Thank you so much! It's really important to find people to vent to, celebrate with, etc.

Thanks again! I beat this beast once I'll beat it again.

Unread 06-19-2002, 07:45 PM
Newbie - sort of

{{Tara}}

I'm so sorry to hear of your recurrence, but it sounds like they've caught it quickly.

It sure does help to have someone who understands what's happening to share with.

What a great attitude you have!!! You go girl!!! Now THAT'S the way to look at it!

Keep us posted on how things are progressing, there are several gals who gone through radiation who I'm sure will be more than willing to share their experiences. I don't know a whole lot about radiation but I can send lots of 's you way.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

{{hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register