Need Answers Please If You Can? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need Answers Please If You Can? Need Answers Please If You Can?

Unread 03-03-2004, 08:00 AM
Need Answers Please If You Can?

I am about to have my surgery in about 3 weeks and it will be done by laser only so I have been told this will be easier on me. I have had 3 laparoscopies in the past to remove cysts off of my ovaries and take care of my endo so I bounced right back the same day even drove my own self home from the hospital... I know I'm not supposed to do that but I'm very independant I'm the one that does the care taking not the one whos taken care of if you know what I mean? My OBGYN has so nicely had my on the depot depron shot to keep me from my periods for the last 6 months too so I'm also concerened if I will bleed after this surgery or not? I want to know about everyone elses recovery periods and how they went how you all got back on your feet and how long it took? I don't expect to be driving myself home from this one I do have realistic expectations for that at least. I am expectecting at least a couple of weeks maybe to not be feeling to hot. I'm gonna clean my house really good do the shopping and stuff and stock up so i feel like theres nothign much to do after the surgery for me. I have 3 children here at home a 12 yr old daughter a 6 yr old son and a 2 yr old son. I'm not married. I do however have a girlfriend who lives with us of almost 4 yrs so she will be the one taking care of me so she and I are going to be going to my last depot lepron shot appt on the 12th of this month and getting the run down on the surgery and the aftercare as well so she is prepared and knows what to expect. Shes not leaving the hospital and the kids are all taken care of so we are all set just waiting now. I have 3 or 4 cysts that we know of right now on the left ovary on 2 days ago the right ovary started hurting . She wanted to try to save that one and keep it but if its got them it will have to go too. Ok I know this is long and I'm sorry but all of your answers will be greatly appreciated!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2004, 09:12 AM

Hi Kari, I had LAVH and the day of surgery was like a fog to me. My DH and DS took shifts so I wouldn't be a lone. I went home next day but was very weak. I rested a lot and I'm not an independent person like you so you may do much better than I did. I'm not healthy and have a wonderful DH though very protective and it took 8 weeks before he would let me do everything again. Time did go by fast. He took one week out of work then the second week he stayed home till my DS got in and he went to work and arranged things that way. Week 3 he let me stay home a lone. I have no family near by all I had was them and I have seizures and migraines so I guess he was worried about how they would react to the surgery. He was wonderful though. I really knew how much he cared. Hope things are easy for you. Love, ((((STITCHER))))
Unread 03-03-2004, 10:05 AM

Had LAVH also. The recovery time is about the same as a TAH, both of surgeries can leave you with hundreds of internal stitches and those take the same time to heal. The main difference is no external incision except the small ones for the laproscope.

DH went back to work the day after I got out of hospital. It forced me to get up and walk around to fill water glass, go to the bathroom, or heat lunch.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register