Scheduled LAVH First time joining hysterSisters: upcoming hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First time joining hysterSisters: upcoming hysterectomy First time joining hysterSisters: upcoming hysterectomy

Unread 04-25-2014, 08:33 PM
First time joining hysterSisters: upcoming hysterectomy

I am schedule for my lap hysterectomy to remove my uterus on May 15th 2014. I'm having this done because I have very heavy bleeding every month. I had hydro ablation done last year and unfortunately it didn't work so my doctor recommended lap hysterectomy. I am terrify to go through surgery again. I would love someone who has gone through this same procedure to give me words of encouragement. Thank you for having this website for women to have an opportunity to help and in return get help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Re: First time joining hysterSisters

Hi sp_lady. Welcome. I assume by lap you mean laparoscopic? I had a different surgery, the abdominal, but I can sympathize with feeling terrified. I kept my cool externally, but prior to my surgery I was a wreck inside. I worried about it constantly. I think it is rare to feel otherwise. Most of us were pretty scared pre op. Having said that, I had a smooth recovery and three months later, I'm working my physically demanding job and am back to light kickboxing workouts. My understanding is you laparoscopic ladies have shorter recoveries, so if all goes well, you should be back up to speed in no time. Hopefully, some of the many sisters who have had your surgery will respond soon, but I can say from reading these boards, I've seen many who are back home the same day, driving within a week and feeling great. Of course, everyone's surgical experience is individual, but there are many sisters here (with all types of surgeries) who have had positive experiences and success ful outcomes. I wish you an uneventful and speedy recovery.
Unread 04-25-2014, 09:25 PM

First I want to say thank you CinjaN for replying. I am just learning how to navigate around this website. Yes, I will be having laparoscopic Hysterectomy to remove my uterus, through my stomach.
I do hope that I don't have any more bleeding because I don't want to have surgery again. I was watching videos and I stop watching videos online because it made me more scared then ever. I was told by my doctor that it was going to take 4 weeks and that seems so long to recover and be off of work. I am a HR manager, quite busy person. I am going to see my doctor on May 6 2014 before my surgery. I have so many questions to ask him. Thank you so much!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2014, 10:34 PM
Re: First time joining hysterSisters

Hi, Welcome! Grab a cup of tea and look around. I am having my surgery the 7th for extra heavy bleeding, endo, and ovarian cysts, so I am nervous and soaking up the info too. Glad you found us!
Unread 04-25-2014, 10:52 PM

Thank you brandys0524, I hear what your saying...and I understand fully what your going through and feeling. I know that I am not alone in this new adventure in my life, and its nice to know that there are other sisters going through the same things.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register