Tummy Tuck too? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tummy Tuck too? Tummy Tuck too?

Unread 02-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Tummy Tuck too?

Just wanted to add that I am among those scheduled for both. If I wasn't having a TAH, I would never do it. But, since I have a verticle scar from 3 prior surgeries and have wanted it gone for the last 20 years....I thought, why not???

My only issue is that the costmetic surgeon said I have to quit smoking 2-3 weeks before surgery. She said she would give me a test on surgery day and if I failed, she wouldn't operate! She actually called me today to see if I quit yet. Well, I stretched the truth a bit, but I will quit totally tomorrow - that will be 2 weeks before. She said it is better for scar and wound healing.

Also, you do get a break on the anesthesia and hospital charges. It's still a bit expensive, but at this point in my life - worth it. (I hope.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Tummy Tuck too?

NutzOne -

Yes, a tummy tuck is on the expensive side. I'm taking money that was saved up for a car. I figured there will ALWAYS be a new car but I will NEVER have this chance again.

How the cost works is the insurance will pick up the operating room costs and anesthetic costs until my gyn passes over the tools to the plastic surgeon. From that moment on, insurance won't cover and I pay. Fortunately they are really good at the time thing and want all their money 2 weeks before surgery so what they quoted me is what I pay and no more. Mine is running $6100.00 (gasp!) yes. It's a lot of money but I know it's going to be worth it when I put a bathing suit back on and jump into our pool - without shorts covering all my loose skin from 2 pregnancies!
Unread 02-04-2004, 05:36 AM
Tummy Tuck too?

Mine TT cost $3500. I think it depends on where you live. The coasts seem to cost much more than fly over country. From the prices I have seen quoted on tuckthattummy.com every surgeon is different.

It never hurts to get information!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2004, 05:47 AM
Tummy Tuck too?

I am 46 - had my TAH/BSO with tummy tuck and lipo on 11/11/03 and it was the best thing I could do! Speaking of self-confidence! Shopping took on a total new dimension and now, after 3 months post-op, I am tanning my scar, it has already turned to a very thin pinkish/white line and I think within another 6 months, it will be barely visible!

I also had my doubts about all the negative things I read about the combination of the surgery but I had a meeting with my gyn and the plastic surgeon and they explained to me in full what will be done, how it will feel and what it will look like! Everything has its risks, but I felt that I had to take the chance.

When I woke up, I had two drains in my tummy but could not get over how flat/firm everything felt!

All I can say - it worked for me!
Unread 02-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Tummy Tuck too?

all you guys having the tummy tucks--- where are you?
Unread 02-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Tummy Tuck too?

Had mine in Omaha Nebraska.
Unread 02-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Tummy Tuck too?

what I am worrying about is whether the plastic surgeon does them. There are only three plastic surgeons at the hospital and since it is a cancer hospital i am worried that they are going to think that I am being vain etc.
the specialty seems to be doing breast reconstruction after mastectomy. and i am not allowed to have an outside plastic surgeon come in.
Unread 02-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Tummy Tuck too?

It wouldn't hurt to ask. My surgeon specialized in facial reconstructions.....but he did an awesome job on my tummy. Don't worry about appearing vain. If you have a tummy like I did then I consider this surgery to be reconstructive and not just for vanity. I was a mass of stretch marks and past surgery scars. I looked like a burn victim. But not any more. Go ahead and get some information. You will be surprised how supportive the doctors will be about your request.

S. Ann
Unread 02-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Tummy Tuck too?

I'm in Southern California.
Unread 02-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Tummy Tuck too?

S.Ann -

I've been looking for you - I have some questions about your tummy tuck......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register