Saline infusion sonogram and endometrial biopsy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Saline infusion sonogram and endometrial biopsy Saline infusion sonogram and endometrial biopsy

Unread 07-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Saline infusion sonogram and endometrial biopsy

My biopsy and SIS was rescheduled for 7/26 because the doctor had to do a surgery. However, I began spotting again on Monday and it has continued through today. I called the office and they told me to come in today. The physician's assistant (PA) saw me and said the bleeding is most likely due to the polyp. She tried to remove it but was unsuccessful. She said she could do the biopsy or I could wait until the 26th and do it with the SIS. She said if I had any discomfort she could stop. I hardly felt anything!!! I had 400mg of ibuprofen at the office. I really was amazed how easy it was!! I'm home resting with no cramps and no pain...just some bleeding which the PA said would occur.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Re: Saline infusion sonogram and endometrial biopsy

I had the SIS today and it went really well. I didn't even feel the catheter go in my cervix. I only felt a dull cramp when the saline was injected and it was done within a couple of minutes and the cramp stopped right away! I am so thankful that it didn't hurt!!! The best news was that nothi g is wrong!!! The thickening in my endometrial lining had no polyps. They were expecting to see a bunch of them! I am praising God for a great outcome!!!
Unread 07-27-2012, 06:56 AM

Did they do a biopsy with your SIS? Make sure you get the Biopsy. Bleeding after menopause is not right. They only way they can tell is by testing you tissue. I do not want to scare you but find out for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2012, 07:05 AM

Thanks for your response. Yes, she did the biopsy two weeks ago. It came back benign! I was supposed to have everything done the same day, but the doctor had to do a surgery and they rescheduled everything for 7/26. Then I began bleeding again, so the physicians assistant had me come in and she did the biopsy and tried to snip the polyp she could see near my cervix. She thought it might be causing my bleeding, but she could not removed it. Yesterday the doc said it was so small she recommended leaving it. She said there is nothing abnormal to be concerned about. I am thanking God!!!
Unread 07-27-2012, 07:21 AM

That is super!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register