getting nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

getting nervous getting nervous

Unread 06-03-2004, 08:57 AM
getting nervous

Hi sisters, I got my surgery date June 8, on Tue. Im to have a TVH A&P repairs,bladdersling. I havent been nervous until now. I cant sleep my legs have been achey for the last 3 days. I quess its just my nerves. Im sure it will all be ok. Im just not sure what all to expect. I have good suport DH is taking a week off work, & best friend is coming to help the 2nd week. I just worry for my 2 boys 9 & 13. I know they are old enough to help alot. They are worried if mom will be ok. Just wanted to ask for your prayers.
Thanks for listening
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2004, 09:11 AM
getting nervous

Donna,

It's ok. to be nervous. Everything will be fine. It sounds like you are well prepared for your surgery on Tuesday. Your sons are around the age of my children. DD is 13 and DS is 10. They have been so helpful, as well as my husband. I know I was fine until I walked into the caslte. As soon as I stepped foot there my hands were like ice. But it's worth every bit of it. I wouldn't changed anything. Did I have second thoughts? yes, because of never going thru this before.

The best thing to do is make sure that you included your DH in your fears, concerns, and anxieties that you make have. My DH and I had an emtional breakdown/fight about a week before my surgery. He told me that he was scared even though he knew that everything will be ok.

I will keep you in my . Remember to follow your doctors instructions or we will call the on you.

Jane
22 days post-op
Unread 06-03-2004, 09:16 AM
getting nervous

Hi Donna..
My surgery is also on june 8. I'm right there with you as far as nerves! In fact, I've had a pounding headache for the last day and a half....could be nerves, could be hormones...who knows!?
It really just dawned on me this morning how much I have left to do before tuesday! Thank God I don't have kids at home anymore! There's no way I could be ready for surgery on tuesday if I had kids to think about! It's wonderful that you have so much support from your hubby. My DB is taking a couple of days off but because he works about a block from home and it's just me and the cats I'm sure I'll be ok alone after the first 24 to 48 hours.
Like you, I'm nervous but also feel that it will all be ok. Just wanted to reach out and say Hi to you and wish you Godspeed in your recovery.
Unread 06-03-2004, 09:42 AM
getting nervous

I'm three days behind you! I think I'm going to be a nervous wreck the day before. I'm finishing up a huge project today, and will have less to occupy my time.

I think it's great that your DH has taken time off work to be with you! My DBF just started a new job, so my mother will be coming to be the focus of my hormonal wrath the first week or so - poor woman - save your prayers for her!

Good luck to all of us!

Esme
Unread 06-03-2004, 10:10 AM
getting nervous

Nervous here also. They need to make a "shaking" smilie to use for nervous emotions. lol
I think, "if I have insomnia now....what's it gonna be like when I'm only a few days away from surgery?" Ugh!
Had some of the headaches to....also some nausea. Yuck! Terrible feeling.
My DH thinks it's my nerves to....'cause I called my Mom last night and just boo hooed! As soon a I heard her voice I just started bawling. When I got off the phone my DH hugged me. So Sweet!
I come here to Hystersisters a lot everyday! I'm addicted! lol

Trina
Unread 06-03-2004, 10:24 AM
getting nervous

I too have surgery coming up - TOMORROW - and I have had some of the syptoms that some of the ladies here have complained of having. I have had a pounding headache off and on for days, I am not sleeping all that well, and my legs are really tired and achey whenever I walk or something. I am scared but like my husband says - better to have a few days in the hospital for this now than suffer and wait any longer for tests and more tests and biopsies and results. Ugh!

Good luck to all who have their surgeries in the next few days, I guess we are all in the same boat. Prayers please.
Unread 06-03-2004, 10:20 PM
I'm right behind you all too!!!

My surgery is June 10. I've been having some of the same signs as you but never put two and two together till I read your replies. It's nice to know I'm not nuts. I'm not scared about any of this and yes I did have some second thoughts till I got my period and for the last two weeks I have been so sick and in bed all my fears went flying out the window know this was the last time I would be going though this. good luck to everyone.
Unread 06-03-2004, 10:28 PM
getting nervous

My prayers are with you. Hope all goes well- My surgery is just a little before you- July 7th- Best luck and lots of love!!
Unread 06-04-2004, 08:08 AM
thanks

Thanks Sisters for all the postive input. Im sure we are all going to be fine. It helps to talk to others going thru the same thing. Im very thankful for this site and all you wonderful ladies.
Good luck to you all!
Unread 06-04-2004, 08:50 AM
getting nervous

Ladies,
When I read through the pre-op section and through your posts I too can relate to all those things your feeling. I am now 8 days out from my surgery May 27th, I had a TAVH due to adeno/fibroids. So I'm mostly speaking to those who are scheduled for a TAVH.

IT was a piece of cake! This surgery was far easier than the 3 children I had. When they put the IV in, that was nothing, the cathetor is inserted after you are asleep. They tell you when they are giving you the "I don't care drugs" to put you out, etc. Those were my fears because I HATE needles!

After coming out of recovery I was back to myself within 4 hours! I am STILL amazed at how easily I'm getting along. I was home within 26 hours after surgery and was able to unload/reload dishwasher, move laundry from washer to dryer a piece at a time, and walk up stairs all on day 3 and have been at it since. I drove for the first time on day 6 and that was fine as well.

I have had only one pain pill since being home and didn't utilize my moriphine pump to the fullest while in the hoptial. I was sore in the belly for about 4 days when getting up and down out of bed, but that is now gone. Belly never did really swell or bloat.

Took me about three days to get BM's back in order, cherry milk of magnesia is great for that!

So this note is to help with the unknown. My biggest fear was how bad was the pain going to be afterwards? I can tell you almost non existent and I have a low pain tolerance. I contribute that to the TAVH in lieu of having to be cut on.

You gals will do great! You'll be SO amazed at how well you will be doing so soon. We'll be thinking about you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register