Countdown! - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread
Unread 03-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Countdown!

To BeautifulBella,
I have my TAH scheduled for 3/28. I will be thinking of you on 3/27. I won't be missing my uterus or ovaries when they go bye-bye, I just hope that they don't leave behind any bad stuff.
Lhasalvr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 06:09 AM
Eight days from now....

OK, so, eight days from now I'll be waiting to enter the OR! Realizing that it is so close is both exhilirating and absolutely terrifying! I don't know if my heart palpitations are anxiety or excitement. All I know is I am ready to be posting in the post op forum. I am hoping I am one of the that comes back afterwards and hands out great advice to the pre op . And here's to us not having any bad stories to tell!!!!

Ok, girls, have a great hump day!!!
Unread 03-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Countdown!

Only 6 days, 05 hrs, 59 min, 42 sec to go. Couldn't sleep past 3 am, so got up at 4 ish and enjoyed a nice cup of coffee. I'm off to the hospital this morning for the pre surgery visit and tests at 8 am. So, just enjoying a little hyster sister time by myself before the sun rises this morning.

Thinking about the last few things to do on my list . . . got my haircut, got my shopping done, got my bathrooms scrubbed, and picked up some prune juice to try today . . . those iron pills do SO make me constipated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Countdown!

Six days & counting! Next week @ this time, I will be receovering. YEAH!!!
Could only sleep until 4:30 mysel. Got to work way tooooo early but, I do have a LOT to do & Tomorrow in the afternonn I actually won't be @ the office I have office "Errands" to run. My hubby & I actually ahd a fight about my surgery last night. Well, ok not a fight but... he doesn't get it. He said "why are you so nervous about this, you have had so many surgeries in the past?" I asked him "what if I never want to have sex again?" His answer was, "I will trade you in for a younger model." I know he was kidding but, he jsut doesn't get why I am so nervous. Oh well, we will get through this.
Good Luck to all of you out there.
I am so excited to get his over with. I Have tons of Federal Government paperwork to do so, I need to get going.

Rose
TAVH With urethra lift 3-25
Unread 03-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Countdown!

8 days 8 days 8 days 8 days
Unread 03-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Countdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulbella
8 days 8 days 8 days 8 days
Yeaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! I think I'm getting even more impatient if that was possible. I just want it to be over with. I know you all can understand exactly how I feel.
Unread 03-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Countdown!

6 more sleeps for me (or pathetic attempts at what I used to regard as sleep). Last day of work today. Just want it over with (the work and the surgery). Starting to think I am really going to miss my laptop and this site when I visit the castle. I hate starting the day exhausted but hopefully I will get a second wind as I have so much work to do. Have a great day everyone.
Unread 03-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Countdown!

SURPRISE!!! Now I get to add another trip to the hospital to have a blood draw for Sunday morning. This one can only be done 48 hrs before surgery, so I get to go back again.

I was so surprised, I am wondering to myself, OK, how am I going to drink to bowel prep stuff and then drive in a car that doesn't have a bathroom in it? The nurse pointed out to me that I didn't have to drink the magnesium citrate cocktail till after I got back home where the bathroom lives.

That was the good news. The blood test is to type and cross? my blood so that a couple pints will be available within 20 minutes if a transfusion is needed. No wonder my mind got just a little confused there for a minute!

And people wonder WHY we get a little nervous!
Unread 03-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Countdown!

I have to go in with 48 hours of my surgery to the hospital for lab work as well, although I don't know what the labs are for. Fortunately, I don't have to do any bowl prep!!

Michelle, I TOTALLY understand what you are saying. I didn't think it was possible to be more impatient, but I am.

Let's see, I'm down to 7 days, 12 hours and 8 minutes until I have to be at the castle...not that I'm counting.
Unread 03-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Countdown!

Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register