Is it normal to hate the world 3 days out? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it normal to hate the world 3 days out? Is it normal to hate the world 3 days out?

Unread 07-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Is it normal to hate the world 3 days out?

I am in such a mood! My kids are horrible, my dh is horrible, my friends are horrible - I don't like anybody right now! Please tell me this is at least a little bit normal. I have so much to do before Tuesday and I really don't think I can get it all done. I really don't want to do this and I'm getting really terrified.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2006, 06:41 PM

Ellie...
This all sounds pretty normal to me. Tomorrow, if you are like I was, you will look at your list of things to do and decide that the rest of the things on that list arent going to get done and decide that is OK and decide to pamper yourself instead of cleaning. If you can do something REALLY nice for you that you would not otherwise do. It can be something really small or something big like a spa day... it doesnt matter just as long as it is a treat for you.
Unread 07-29-2006, 06:46 PM

Hi, sorry you are feeling so lousy. My surgery is Monday and I have had a few bad days, too. My son has gone to the movies with a friend and my husband is in the garage woodworking so I'm trying to stay busy. I'm not hating anybody right now but it seems like my mind is so preoccupied that I can't get anything done. I am sooo tired of thinking about this surgery. I just want it over with. I don't have any sage advice but I think that you shouldn't worry about what you don't get done. If it's important, somebody will do it. If it's not, it can wait. I have scaled back my expectations for a spotless house. Yes, I have mopped and vacuumed. I will clean the bathroom and kitchen tomorrow and I want my bedroom clean for when I come home, but if I don't finish it, it's not a big deal. Just rest and take care of yourself. Even though we will be "resting" alot after surgery, it won't be the same with the pain. Just take it easy and don't worry about what needs to be done. Let someone else do it or let it go. I go from being sane one minute to hysterical the next, so you are perfectly normal. Read some more posts on this site and you will see that we are definitely not alone in our fears. God Bless You. Take care of yourself and Good Luck Tuesday.
Janna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2006, 07:18 PM

Ellie,
Yes I know what you are feeling because I myself have felt like that. When we are overwhelmed this is the result. We are driven to get things accomplished because we know what we are about to go through and do not understand why everyone elde does not. That includes our children and God bless our husbands too. We do not like to be confined and told that we cant do something and we hate that everyone else does not seem to understand us and why we are like that. The people in our lives do not understand why we need them to be supportive ..helpful and understanding...and when they are not...children...husbands...friends... that is the time we usually loose it and feel this way..Bottom line is we are female. Caregivers of the world. That being said sometimes we need to step back and say you know what, this is all about me right now and devil take the hind most! Take some time to pamper yourself and let everything else go. Sometimes that is theripudic (spelling) in itself. I know for me when I get so stressed I blow at anything that comes near me. The women here are there for you as they have been there for me. Go take a bubble bath...pamper yourself..and know that when everythig elde seems to be going wrong on the other side of this screen...we are here...
Liz
Unread 07-29-2006, 07:21 PM

I don't know what I would do without this site. It's so nice to be able to drop everything and come vent to people who understand. It helps me to not take it out on everyone else. Janna, that is exactly how I'm feeling - so preoccupied I can't get a thing done. It's frustrating! I think I'm going to take a nice hot shower.
Unread 07-29-2006, 07:35 PM

You know you read my mind. Sometimes I just don't even want to answer the phone. We spend our entire lives taking care of everyone but us.....then when we need them the most it just seems like they don't have a clue how to respond to us.....I just get tired of taking care of everyone else......I am so scared about this surgery also and it consumes a lot of my thoughts right now....I have my cone biopsy on Tuesday, along with a d&c and they are going to test a lot of tissue around in there....I have been diagnosed with uterine and cervical cancer. The closer the big surgery gets the more troubled I am, but you are right, it helps to put my thoughts down and come here and talk with other people who have gone through every aspect of this surgery......So hang in there we can all grieve together....I feel that is what it is...I don't want to do all this either, but I also know if I want to live, I have to....Cheer up I am thinking some day we will be free of all the worries we have now and on to happier times....
Unread 07-29-2006, 07:35 PM

Sounds perfectly normal to me! Every few days for the first week I was hateful. I knew I was hateful so I'd announce it, so as not to surprise the family. I'd usually say "Just to let you know I'm feeling hateful today." I would be mindful of what I was saying those days to not hurt feelings, but I was pretty grumpy. By the end of the first week the grumpy days pretty much ended. I think it is due to the stress of the surgery and the healing our bodies are going through, it can leave us weak emotionally as well as physically. Be good to your self, and this will pass.
Unread 07-29-2006, 07:57 PM

Just wanted you to know that you definitely aren't alone in the "I can't seem to get anything done category". I had all these things I wanted to do. Didn't get a fraction of them done. I found myself almost wandering around aimlessly. I would start one task, get distracted, start something else, have a panic atttack and need to come to this site to calm me down. Then I would forget what I was doing etc.... What you are going through is VERY NORMAL. About a day before, I finally realized life would go on whether or not the house was spotless, or if the frig wasn't stocked as if in preparation for a famine. My dh has a drivers license, and know how to use a car..so I figured he could go fetch whatever I forgot.! DS was 14 and pretty self sufficient except for driving, that is where DH and dear friends came in. The surprising thing....we all survived. The last few days are pure torture. Just cling to the thought that very soon it will all be over and you will be on the recovery side of things. I also realize that it is much easier said then done. Sending you a big , hope it helps!!
Unread 07-29-2006, 08:04 PM

I screamed at the neighbor kids today. I am now officially the crazy lady at the end of the block.
sad, but true.
Unread 07-29-2006, 08:09 PM

From one crazy lady at the end of the block... welcome!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register