gearing up for tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

gearing up for tomorrow gearing up for tomorrow

Unread 10-03-2011, 12:58 PM
gearing up for tomorrow

Doing bowel prep today (oh joy), got my bag packed, phone number list ready for hubby to contact people, got place for my son for the day. I'm getting a little bit anxious.

I know that's normal, just looking for a little bit of support, yanno?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Re: gearing up for tomorrow

You may be nervous (expected) but your sound ready. You will do and be just fine. Make sure you keep in contact WHEN you can and know that we are here for you!
Unread 10-03-2011, 05:09 PM

So I am doing bowel prep, and all that is on TV, it seems are food commercials. I'm into my 2nd half gallon of Crystal Lite and about to send the hubby our for sugar free popsicles.
A friend is posting recipes on FaceBook and I keep asking her if she delivers. She won't drive from Louisiana to Indiana, not even for me!!!!
Then my husband sat down next to me with a plate of pizza. Would I have been justified in smacking him? :-))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2011, 05:36 PM

I hope you can relax and realize your surgery will go fine. My prep only calls for four laxatives, 64 ounces of Gatarade mixed with 238 ounces of Miralax. I am sure it will do a number on me, but I hope to be clean as a whistle. My big day is 11/7 if all goes well. But I wish you the very best, and you as I said will be fine. And did you not know that it seems we always get thirsty when we cannot have liquid, and hungry when we cannot eat food. This is true when we are facing surgery. I plan on not cooking the night before my surgery because I know it will be an horrible with the tasting.
Unread 10-03-2011, 05:57 PM

Thinking of you!! I'll be going thru the same this time next week. Not looking forward to that part at all. At least by this time tomorrow it will all done and hopefully you can have something to eat besides liquid.
Unread 10-03-2011, 06:08 PM

Sending you ((((hugs)))) for tomorrow!
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:07 PM

I made my husband do all the food prep today. I stayed out of the kitchen as much as possible. I too, am clean as a whistle!!!

Am in bed now, all showered and clean, trying to relax.
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:19 PM

I'll be 4 weeks post op tomorrow and the waiting is worse than anything. Good luck tomorrow!
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:04 PM

I am going to the castle tomorrow also.

Best of luck to you!!
Unread 10-05-2011, 04:40 PM

I have purchased my prep already and have placed it on my closet shelf. The only thing I think I should get is maybe some smoothing wipes. I read in another post that this works better than tissue paper. Best wishes to you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register