Scheduled LAVH Worst last period ever before hysterectomy!! Help!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worst last period ever before hysterectomy!!  Help!! Worst last period ever before hysterectomy!! Help!!

Unread 03-11-2014, 05:25 AM
Worst last period ever before hysterectomy!! Help!!

It seems a bit strange to be talking in detail about my period, but I'm in agony and beyond miserable and need some advice. I started my LAST period on Saturday with strict instructions from my Dr ...NO NSAIDS! He told me I could use extra strength Tylenol only because my period will run right thru my scheduled surgery date on March 24.
Needless to say, even with my horrible and painful periods that lead me to this point of surgery, this is so much worse than "normal" for me!!
My cramps leave me doubled over gasping for breath, my back is trying to pull forward thru my stomach, I can barely keep from vomiting, and my head feels like it's about to explode! I am also bleeding and passing clots so bad that I can't leave the bathroom for more than 20 minutes without having a huge mess!!
I hardly slept last night, and when I did doze off I was awakened by my DH helping to get me into the shower while he changed and laundered the sheets!!
Does anyone have ANY suggestions to help me get thru this?? Maybe I'm just too tired to think straight, but I just can't come up with anything to help ease this agony!!😫
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2014, 07:16 AM
Re: Worst last period ever before hysterectomy!! Help!!

I am so sorry. As with many of us it sounds like your uterus is going kicking and screaming! Have you tried a heating pad? Hope your agony is over soon!
Unread 03-11-2014, 07:33 AM

Did your Dr. give you any instructions on how much bleeding is too much? Mine said to call if I go through more than 3 pads an hour, but I have heard other sisters say up to 6. Stay safe my sister!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2014, 07:44 AM

Wow I've always gone through more than 3 pads an hour. I have to use a super tampon and a super pad to get through mine. If you bleeding is that bad at night have you tried Depends? I know it would be a little degrading for a bit but it would save the sheets. I have thought of doing that a couple of times. Be thankful the 24th is coming soon! Good Luck!
Unread 03-11-2014, 07:59 AM

I'm living with the heating pad right now. I can't wear tampons because of my uterine prolapse and have been wearing three overnight pads at a time. Ugh! I was told more than 5 pad changes in an hour requires a call to the Dr. office. This feels like my uterus is on the losing end of a kickboxing match! I have had 4 showers today already... And it's not even lunchtime! Not to mention having to clean the toilet and shower after each visit!! Dang! I'm going to have the cleanest bathroom on the planet by surgery day! The rest of my house will be in shambles, but you'll be able to see your reflection on my toilet seat!
Seriously, I'm trying to get thru this one breath at a time. I'm just miserable right now... Even my dog is tippy-toeing around here today. I can't wait for this to be all over!! Recovery can't be half as bad as I feel right now.., AND I'll be able to take happy pills!
Unread 03-11-2014, 08:08 AM

I am sorry you are going through this terrible episode. Please call your Dr. and explain the situation. If things are not improving please go to the emergency department for assistance. I recently had a significant bleeding episode. I was to the point of passing out. My hemoglobin fell from 112 to 71. Sendings hugs out to you. Please take care.
Unread 03-11-2014, 11:05 AM

I agree to call the Doc, that is a lot of bleeding, I go through pads but nothing like that.
Unread 03-11-2014, 12:01 PM

Oh bless ur heart!! I understand the up all night n messed up bed sheets, the cleaning of the toilet seat n shower, the messed up clothes, etc. I had fierce periods too and was severe anemic. Just try to keep focused on the "finish line". Get thru this and then surgery and u will feel better. I'm 2 weeks post op and have only had my 1st missed period which was due and starting to rear its ugly mess the morning of my surgery. That's something I won't miss at all. Once I get healed up from surgery I can't wait to start my new life. No more having to schedule everything. And others having to try and plan around me. That's gonna be worth it all. Lol. Hope all goes well and u have a smooth recovery. Prayers coming ur way!
Unread 03-11-2014, 04:29 PM

Quick update. Dr checked hemoglobin levels and still okay there. He did increase my iron supplement so I don't get anemic. Told me to double my fluid intake and dilute Gatorade for rest of this week. And he finally gave me some Lortab to get me through a couple days. *sigh!😴* life is so much better when the pain is manageable and sleep is possible!! Thank you so much y'all!! I can get thru this now. 😇
Unread 03-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Worst last period ever before hysterectomy!! Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelLissa70 View Post
Quick update. Dr checked hemoglobin levels and still okay there. He did increase my iron supplement so I don't get anemic. Told me to double my fluid intake and dilute Gatorade for rest of this week. And he finally gave me some Lortab to get me through a couple days. *sigh!😴* life is so much better when the pain is manageable and sleep is possible!! Thank you so much y'all!! I can get thru this now. 😇

Don't forget to start stool softeners. Between the iron pills, the Lortab, and then surgery u will desperately need them. Glad u got some relief! Now try to get some well overdue rest!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register