Scheduled TAH Surgery scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery scheduled Surgery scheduled

Unread 06-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Surgery scheduled

So I was originally scheduled to have a TAH in march but my tumor was still attached to the pelvic wall even after low dose chemo and radiation so they had I cancel it. I have spent the time since them getting high dose chemo. Went in last week for new scans and the tumor has shrunk. The planes are too close to know for sure if it is off the pelvic wall but my oncologist thinks it is and believes he can get the tumor as well as the uterus. He will take both ovaries as well since they were fried in radiation and I'm already in menopause. And of course since I have cervical cancer the cervix will go- what is left of it anyway.

He cannot do a bikini cut though and will have to do a vertical cut which e wanted to try and avoid but he needs complete access to my abdominal cavity since he isn't positive what it will look like in there. Before he starts a urologist will place a stent in my left ureter as it is more dilated now than it was in march and they are worried I will lose kidney function if they dot do something. I am so happy to finally get this done. Just hoping when he opens me up that they don't see something bad and cancel it again. I want this over. I will still likely need either radiation or chemo afterward. I am at a higher risk for bleeding and infection since I have had radiation which scares me. My oldest is 14 and she is on summer break so my hubby won't have to take so muh time off work to help me since she will be home which is good. I didn't want him using all his vacation for this. I also had to cancel our plans for Disney world at the end of July.

So June 24 is the big day. I go for pre op tests on June 18 which just so happens to be mine and hubby's 9 year anniversary!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Re: Surgery scheduled

It sounds like you have already been through so much but, hopefully, this will be the last major hurdle to being cancer free. Best wishes to you for a successful surgery and a full and easy recovery. (((HUGS)))
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:45 PM

Good luck to you, I pray this fixes your problems and leads you to a wory free quality life!
Be well and best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2013, 11:30 PM

Knowing you will have a vertical incision can help you now as you plan for your recovery. When there is cancer, it is not uncommon to have a vertical incision so your surgeon can see more of the abdominal cavity. I am glad your daughter will be able to help you. Take the sign of the 24th as a good omen -- you are in all of this together! Peace sister.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register