Hysterectomy for PMDD and IC? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy for PMDD and IC? Hysterectomy for PMDD and IC?

Unread 08-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Hysterectomy for PMDD and IC?

I had 1st IC flare up 10 yrs ago. Was stuck with bloody needle at work and shy bladder so ended up cathing self for Urine drug screen. Upsetting situation at the least. Neg of course. Took microdantin 100mg/ day. Went away after 4 mths. Depression started and started on SSRI Tested for AIDs per protocol at work and they wanted to put me on Aids meds x 3 the day I was stuck. I decided against meds due to SE. No Aids but again extra stress
Nov 2011 had yeast infection, poss bacterial infection. Took meds for this but developed IC again. Have had 1 hydrodistention Jan 2012 and pain subsided in 2 weeks. 2 mths later IC came back with a vengeance. Another hydrodistention June 2012 with 4 weeks of bladder installations cocktail . Because unable to void after had cath installations I had to cath myself at home after 1-1/2 hrs. This aggravated IC and so with no relief from that I didn't get the last 2 txments. Urologist says he can do nothing else at this time. He did give me hydrocodone 5mg/500mg which helps but I am scared of getting addicted to it do only take with #9-10 pain level.
Also have PMDD. Spiral down same time every mth. Obgyn gave me ultram. Helps a little with pain but not for severe pain. Obgyn is using testosterone pellet every 2 mths. Level was low. and combipatch. He also ordered PT 2x week and I think all is helping some. I.just got a tens unit Which helps Bladder pain some. Still spiraling down at least once mth and with IC pain not going away and pain is mod to severe I don't know what to do. Hysterectomy has been mentioned as a last resort. I have not heard that surgery will help IC pain but should help spiraling down with the PMDD. I also have had some labs drawn for possibility of needing bio identical hormone replacements. Will get results back and have appt with obgyn this Friday. Im looking for some guidance, someone's experience with this. I feel very hopeless, helpless and wonder how much more I can take. I have a wonderful husband and 2 wonderful boys 19 yo and 22 yo The stress is me. My home life isn't the problem. Can someone enlighten me on any of the same experiences? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Re: Hysterectomy for PMDD and IC?

I am in same boat as far as the pmdd. Only have my ovaries and waiting to see if my ins. co will approve lupron injections. I have read great stories as far as that helping but now I have read that the lupron caused some people to have worse depression and worse headaches so now I am scared. I have tried MANY depression meds, hormone etc but no help. Sooo tired of the 2-3 weeks of feeling like crap. Keep me updated (:
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:38 AM

I am in same boat as far as the pmdd. Only have my ovaries and waiting to see if my ins. co will approve lupron injections. I have read great stories as far as that helping but now I have read that the lupron caused some people to have worse depression and worse headaches so now I am scared. I have tried MANY depression meds, hormone etc but no help. Sooo tired of the 2-3 weeks of feeling like crap. Keep me updated (:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2012, 09:32 PM

Removing your uterus doesn't seem like it would help anything. Removing your ovaries (BSO) might help in theory but no guarantee there. Have you considered something like a Lupron trial? I don't know much at all about IC except that there is an IC diet that helps some. Losing your ovaries can cause it's own set of problems so I'd really leave that as a last resort. Good luck, I hope you find a solution that works for you.
Unread 08-11-2012, 09:12 PM

Thank you for your responses Obgyn doesnt want to go the Lupron for some reason, maybe because of SE I received lab work results Thursday I was only getting it for hormone testing. Cholesterol is high. They also did a test that puts me at high risk for a blood clot. So Obgyn set me up with a cardiologist. Thinks I need aspirin 325 mg/ day plus Niaspan and cholesterol med. Statin. Just what I needed is to add more pills to the ones I am already taking. NP that did lab work wrote scripts for these meds. However Obgyn recommended not taking anything until appt with cardiologist. Have appt in September.

I will say that PT twice/ week has helped with IC pain. She is teaching me how to release trigger points. Tens unit helping IC pain mild to mod pain. I also have gained wt with meds mostly over last 4-6. Mths. Was once told to not set incline to 7 and slow down speed. However urologist and Obgyn had conversation and its not clear whether it's all IC. It also could be just pelvic floor pain. I was told exercise could help now. I have just started back treadmill. Elevation 5 and 4 mph. 2 miles in 30 min. I need to lose 25-30 lbs and it is going to take exercise daily to get this goal. I guess if I experience more pain I may slow it down but today was a day without a lot of pain. Also doing kegel exercises and other stretching exercises given by PT. was told to try to relax pelvic floor muscles every hr. Hoping this flare up will soon end.
Unread 01-13-2016, 06:08 AM

I also have PMDD and IC. I take a natural supplement . It's called CystoProtek and it's like a miracle !!! It takes 3 months to work but I've been on it for 5 years and I have zero pain. I can eat and drink whatever I want. For the first threes months I took Prelief before I ate or drank anything, (antacid you can get at Drug Mart) Its not cheap but totally worth it.have to buy CystoProtek on line

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register