Fuming, Irritated, Disappointed...... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fuming, Irritated, Disappointed...... Fuming, Irritated, Disappointed......

Unread 03-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Fuming, Irritated, Disappointed......

Hey Sweetie,
I agree with the other Sisters, call a cleaning service to come in and get it done. If your DH wants to do it so bad, then he can do it himself. I am trying to take the last few days before surgery (I'm a day after you) for me too. I had a couple of last minute errands, but thats it. I'm half tempted to call a cleaning service to clean my bathrooms as well!! hehehe I'm already taking the dog to the vets for a bath, she hates water (who'd a thunk it, a dog that hates water! hehehe) and I don't feel like fighting her.
We are all behind you girl, just try to relax, rest up and take care of you.
great big hugs!!
Jen
P.S. Sending some California sunshine your way to brighten your day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2005, 08:52 AM

I'll add my vote th the cleaning service! If you don't put your foot down now, you'll be fielding similar housework assignments when you are supposed to be recovering and not supposed to bend over and pick up more than 10 lbs...or even worse while you are still on the "do not operate heavy machinery" pain meds.
Unread 03-09-2005, 11:10 AM

Heck, at this point dh can contact the cleaning services. I went for my pre-op today and I am running a fever along with nasal congestion. Nasal breathing is a luxury for me right now. I've looked up cleaning services in my brother's area and I'm going to give the info to dh. Apparently, this is a project he wants to take on then he can have it: lock, stock, and barrel.

Thank you my darling Sisters!!! 's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2005, 11:25 AM

You go girl! You really do need these days to relax and focus on yourself.I wish I had known that but I worked right up until the day of my surgery<tomorrow> Big mistake since there is so much last minute stuff to do. Your husband is sweet to try and do all of this for your brother but you need to take care of yourself first right now. Karen
Unread 03-09-2005, 11:33 AM

Karen, you have my blessings and prayers for tomorrow. I do hope you find time for yourself today.

Unread 03-09-2005, 11:36 AM

What do you think I am doing on here? I am relaxed now and the errands are done.Just waiting to go out for dinner tonight Karen
Unread 03-09-2005, 11:39 AM

Way to go Karen.
Unread 03-09-2005, 12:04 PM

CessSecart, My heart goes out to you, your situation is way above and beyond what you should be dealing with right now. I hope you can do something to feed your soul before and after your surgery.

Sounds like your DH and brother could use some family counciling along with a cleaning service.
Unread 03-09-2005, 12:07 PM

SISTER TELL THE (B) TO GO TO :burning: !
Unread 03-09-2005, 12:11 PM

Oh my goodness. I am really trying to bite my tongue. If you DH is going over there to bathe him, why doesnt he clean the bathroom too. Why should both of you make a trip. Or better yet have him call a cleaning service, or even better yet, why doesnt his brother take some of that disability money and use it to find a caregiver who can come to his home and help take care of things like that. Your DH will need to be there for you after your surgery. You are right that you should be relaxing and doing what you need to do before your surgery. As you know you will not be able to just pick up your normal routine once you return home. I will be visiting the castle 2 days after you. You are not being selfish. Don't even do that to yourself. Hugs, Diane

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register