Constipated before surgery but after Lupron | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Constipated before surgery but after Lupron Constipated before surgery but after Lupron

Unread 05-29-2009, 02:40 AM
Constipated before surgery but after Lupron

I'm really not sure where to post this so if it's better elsewhere could some Angel of the Board please move it for me? Thank-you

I'm five weeks into a three month Lupron injection and I'm scheduled for laproscopy and possible SAH/BSO depending on how bad things look once they are in there.

My other symptoms have decreased by around half to two thirds since the Lupron injection but I am now chronically constipated to the point of needing laxatives to go even twice a week and having permanent bowel pain. I know my uterus is tilted well back and I have had a few days of pain so bad I've been close to passing out.

Could I have 'stuff' (fibroids, endo patches, adhesions) moving about down there and then interfering with my large intestine function?

Of course my DH and I are now panicking that the gynaecological problems have now been helped by the lupron and what we're now seeing is a previously hidden bowel cancer as we lost a close friend to this two years ago and many of my symptoms are the same.

I won't see my GYN now before the surgery day on the 23rd June. Should I go see my GP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2009, 05:59 AM
Re: Constipated before surgery but after Lupron

Sorry to hear this.
I would definately see your GP before your Surgery. Thats too long to worry. Maybe a Call to your GYN to ask what they think also- If this may be all from the Lupron doing its work.

Im 5 weeks on Lupron also. It has the Opposite effect on me

Wishing you Well.
Unread 05-29-2009, 07:27 AM

Endo and fibroids can definitely have an impact on the GI tract. Perhaps your GP will recommend getting a colonoscopy to rule out any other problems. Hope you find some answers soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2009, 10:37 AM

Just to say thank-you for the reassurance. I spoke to my GP over the phone which is a new thing for our practise but it saves appointments and trips to the surgery and is great!

Anyway, he recommended prune juice and some over the counter meds (Dulcoease) and I'm much more comfortable and happy today. Still have a heavy, bloated feel and a five months pregnant belly but no pain at all and things are, once more, regular. I wonder if my belly is practising it's 'swelly belly' look for afterwards

At least I've had practice now as to what works for me if I end up with an SAH and need assistance in this area

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register