I'm Approved!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm Approved!!!!!! I'm Approved!!!!!!

Unread 04-30-2002, 09:36 AM
I'm Approved!!!!!!

The insurance lady at my GYN office just called to say she received approval for my surgery, so I'm a go for May 23. YIPEEE!!! What a relief!

(After reading another lady's post this morning about her insurance cancelling her surgery, I panicked and called my GYN office and made them get my approval immediately.)

I also found out that I have to pay a 10% deposit to my GYN, but that's okay. I still have three weeks to get that together. (There goes the laptop computer I was going to buy to replace my home computer I just sold!)

Ladies, if you aren't sure about your insurance coverage and approval for your surgeries, double-check. Better safe than sorry!

Lisa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2002, 10:47 AM
I'm Approved!!!!!!

Lisa,

I was denied. I'm glad you were approved! I wrote my doctor a letter which he will discuss with the review board doctor. THey haven't cancelled my surgery date yet pending another discussion. I feel very hopeless.
Unread 04-30-2002, 11:23 AM
Hi Shashi

Congradulations on your surgery approval. That is great and I am sure a load off of your mind.

I too had to pay a 10% deposit to my surgeon. That was on his list price so to speak. After my insurance company paid him his contracted amount, which is much lower, I was actually due a refund. The refund should be more than half of what I had to pay him. Reminds me I need to call and follow-up on that. You may want to discuss this with your insurance company so you will no what to expect. Maybe the 10% down will be lower than expected. (Or perhaps you could put it on a credit card and then pay it down/off if you end up with a refund from your doc.)

Good luck on the 23rd!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2002, 11:25 AM
Hi Jo

I think it was your post that prompted me to check on my own insurance approval.

I am so sorry your surgery was denied. Perhaps once your doctor talks to the review board, they will change their minds. (Isn't it amazing how total strangers can determine whether or not you get the surgery you need. I bet if they spent an hour putting up with the physical pain and aggravation that you do, they'd be begging for surgery!)

I'll be praying that the Lord will work everything out for you. He knows what you need and when you need it, and He has your best interest at heart. (Maybe, in His will, it's not denied-just delayed. Could be your anestheologist might not be at his best on that date and might make an error or your potential roommate might have a contagious infection which could spread to you or something. The Lord knows what's ahead, and He'll work it all out when the time is right.)

Rest easy, all will be well.

s to you!

Lisa

Unread 04-30-2002, 12:50 PM
I'm Approved!!!!!!

I saw that same post and called my clinic...she called within an hour and said that I had the go ahead....I've heard so many nightmares that I just wanted to be sure.
Unread 04-30-2002, 02:19 PM
Congrats!!!

I am so happy for you Lisa, I know that you have had a heavy load. God Bless You, and three weeks, but who's counting right!!!
Unread 04-30-2002, 03:09 PM
I'm Approved!!!!!!

My doc's office handled the pre-cert/approval thing, and I got a letter from an outside company saying I was approved for the surgery and all insurance coverage. Several weeks post op, I got a notice from the insurance company saying I would have to pay a $400 penalty because I didn't get pre-certification for the surgery. I sent them a copy of the letter, they still insisted that company had nothing to do with them. I had them call my HR dept at work and it turned out, my company uses the third party company to approve all surgery insurance. The insurance company had gotten an amendment to their qualifications to allow pre-certs from this company, and someone forgot to mention it to them. Duh.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register