Hello..I am another newbie | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello..I am another newbie Hello..I am another newbie

Unread 05-18-2002, 05:25 PM
Hello..I am another newbie

Hello Ladies...
I was told to check this place out from another board...shhh dont tell, I think I like this one better...I am going in for a hyst on the 11th of June. It has been long awaited. I am very nervous but I know it will be worth it. I have been told that I have adenomyosis, I told them 3 yrs ago that was what it was..UGH...should have just listened and they wouldnt have had to deal with me in the office, every single week....HeHe.... All they have said it that it will be vaginally and they are taking my uterus and cervix. I have a question actually, some ladies have said 2-3 days in the hospital, they told me I will be in for one night and then sent home the next day....is this normal??? And one more thing because i have 2 healthy ovaries will i need hormones after?? Well I just wanted to say hello and let you know that this seems to be a wonderful place to learn from personal experience....
*hugs*
Haileigh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2002, 06:28 PM

Haileigh, Welcome. You'll find a lot of great info here.
Unread 05-18-2002, 07:09 PM

So glad that you are with us. If your ovaries are in good order you should not need to take hormones...ask your
Your stay sounds a little short..maybe the other sisters can help you with that one. Welcome Haileigh

Maralyn
Unread 05-18-2002, 07:13 PM

Welcome to this board...... the best one there is!..

I cant imagine you'd take hormones with your ovaries still there..... unless they arent working......
Kind of defeats the purpose of leaving them only to then take hormones.

As for staying only one night in hospital....... I only stayed one night too. I said to doc......... Its kind of like a drive through hysterectomy....... do fries come with that hysterectomy?..
He didnt laugh.....
Seriously, It does amaze me how fast they send you home. On one hand it is nice....... on the other hand you question who's best interest do we all have in mind.......... mine or the insurance company's???

I wish you the best ......... and IF you want to stay longer..... just complain a lot!!
xo DonnaFay
Unread 05-18-2002, 07:46 PM

Haileigh,
Welcome to the sisterhood. This IS the place to have ALL your questions answered. We have all asked the questions and many wonderful ladies have tirelessly answered them over and over again.

We are all ladies-in-waiting and I'm anxious for my crown on 6/4 I had a trial run this past week when I was admitted through the ER for severe anemia. That trip answered a few questions about clothing for one thing! Those darn hospital gowns leave a lot to be desired! I'm getting a pair of shortie pj bottoms to wear with my princess gown or else my own ankle-length nightshirt to wear once i'm awake the next day. Those trips to the potty with an IV and blood were too much to handle and have my tush exposed! A princess should never have her backside exposed!! Punctured or not!

Clicking on the 3 princesses at the top right brings you to a page with drop down menus on the bottom half. I think the middle one tells you things to bring to the hospital, and various questions.

Let us know how we can help you.

TC
Unread 05-18-2002, 07:55 PM
Hospital Gown Tip

If for some reason you're stuck in the hospital gown and don't have a robe handy, have the nurse give you an extra gown. Turn it around backwards with the opening down the front and put it on over top of the other gown.

(Little trick I learned when I used to be a nurse, long, long ago!)
Unread 05-18-2002, 08:11 PM
Welcome

Hi... I am going in on Tuesday for a LAVH (vaginal hyst) and I will only be staying over night as long as all goes well. If you don't have an abdominal incision then you don't have to stay as long generally is what my dr told me. They wont release you if you are running a temp or aren't sure of your well being though. I only have one ovary now... lost the other in Jan. due to severe endo and chocolate cysts that had ruptured it. My dr cleaned out everything he could find then and all the adhesions, etc., but I started having trouble again a month later. He also said my uterus was enlarged and was sure that I had adenomyosis, so he knew I needed to go on Lupron or have the hyst. Since the endo is so bad, the other ovary has to go too. It is already affected though and feels as bad as the other did, so I wont be surprised to find that it ruptured too. I have been on painkillers and birthcontrol pills, etc., for a year. I am ready to do this, though I know that it isn't a cure for endo. I do hope that it helps me though. I can't have hrt for 6 mo. according to my dr. Since the endo is so bad, he would like to wait. He knows it is impossible to get it all in cases like mine. He said if I can wait at least 4 to 6 mo., then we can work on finding a combination of hormones that work for me if I need them. I have a lot of confidence in him ... he has been my dr for 12 years and helped me with infertility when I first went to him. I have a beautiful 8 year old daughter to show for it too If your ovaries are healthy then you will probably not need hormones, but I do have a friend who had a problem after surgery because her ovaries shut down after a few months. I guess that is a possible side effect to the surgery even when you keep your ovaries. I hope that will not be the case for you and that your surgery goes well. I am very happy I found this site a month or so ago. The info. has been invaluable and the advice from my sisters has helped me to prepare myself. Glad you found us.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register