quiet iowa - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Iowa

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-08-2008, 07:02 AM
quiet iowa

I have never taken meds for my IBS, but have wondered if it would make life easier. I'm not very good at watching my diet.

I'm sorry to hear that you had cancer. Did the surgery take care of all that? Do you have to go through chemo or anything?

I think the internal stitches are supposed to be healing right around this time. That's from info I've gotten on this site. People have been talking about seeing "threads" in their discharge. I haven't seen any yet.

I'd love to go out for coffee when I'm back! When I was a kid, my eye doctor was in Monticello, so I know where you are.

I have a little one starting preschool this year too! My oldest boy will be in 7th grade, preschooler is also a boy, and my youngest is a 20-month-old girl. I blame them all for the demise of my pelvic organs and my need for major surgery. I love them to death, but think they add to my discomfort in this recovery time. I'm sure it's not good to be bending, squatting, and crawling on the floor to referee between two little kids, change diapers, etc.

I think I better get off the computer. My butt's starting to ache. But I'll try to keep in touch. Hope you just keep gettting better and better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2008, 07:43 AM
quiet iowa

((Ladies))

Just a reminder ~ the "Neighborhood" forums are intended for social chatter or arranging local get-togethers only, and not for hysterectomy support or related issues. (Please check out the forum descriptor). We ask that those discussions be conducted in the appropriate forums ~ this is to avoid missing out on the awesome support available elsewhere on the site in, for example, the <links> Pre-Op and Post-Op forums!

Many thanks for your understanding and co-operation in support of the ((sisterhood)).

Unread 07-08-2008, 08:30 PM
quiet iowa

GIRLS, HANG IN THERE, IT IS SO WORTH IT! But, the recovery can really become annoying. I know everyone heals differently, but I would have liked a little better idea of what to expect from my doctor. I felt at one year what I had expected to feel like at the 6 weeks mark...but, please know, that I was a very slow healer and absolutely clueless about surgery. I actually went in for my first silver nitrate treatment about three weeks ago...now that is crazy.

I was so frustrated all the time and disappointed that things weren't going faster. I even got a little depressed for a time. Instead, accept that your body is on it's own time frame. Use this recovery time to learn how to take care of yourself and how to respect your body. I learned some of life's best lessons during my recovery time. Now, as a result, I am a much wiser and happier person...anyway, I think I am. And now when I have those days were I am full of enery and feeling great, I appreciate them like no other...they are such a gift wrapped blessing. I really do make the most of my days now...and I wouldn't have learned to do that if I had not experienced the recovery process.

My heart goes out to all of you, and you are all in my prayers. Take care Iowa Girls!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2008, 12:11 AM
quiet iowa

Hi everyone
I live up in northern Iowa. Sometimes the state forums move slow as people come and go which is part of the nature of a site like this.

I am glad to hear that everyone on here did not have much problem with the flooding.

We are helping out daughter move some of here things to Cedar Falls next week and this will be the first time over to that part of the state since all the flooding.

Just wanted to stop by and say Hello.
Unread 09-17-2008, 06:42 PM
quiet iowa

I am also from Iowa - in the Northwest corner- Sioux Center- I have a daughter who lives in Des Moines and is a nanny in Madrid.
Unread 09-23-2008, 10:47 AM
quiet iowa

I am from Iowa as well, Way up in the north central part of the state!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register