CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret! CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret!

Unread 11-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Re: CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret!

Our Thanksgiving tradition is we go to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. They have a big Thanksgiving race from Wednesday - Sunday. My husband, my 2 boysand myself rent a RV and go from Tuesday - Sunday. One of my sons usually brings a friend. I cook the traditional Thanksgiving meal in the RV, Turkey, Stuffing, gravy, green Beans, Yams and of course pies.

The track also has a pit decorating contest and the kids bring all our outdoor Christmas decorations and decorate the pit and RV along with some of our friends. We have won two years in a row and the kids alternate who get the trophy.

We have a great time, because the kids can go hang out with friends after the race, and the adults chil by a fire and laugh. We also bring DVD's with us and it is great for those windy nights or rainy times, because we all chil in the RV and watch movies. It is a great family time. Every year we have to bring the movie ELF. The boys watch it at bed time, and keep my husband and I awake by yelling from the movie " Dad Dad" Want to snuggle, and various other lines from the movie.

It is a blast!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2012, 10:03 AM

I have a few traditions, I always make spiced wine, I love the secent of it simmering on the stove with it's blend of herbs, spices and cin. sticks. And my favorite part is my son and decide to do some type of volunteering that weekend, wether it is bringing animals in the shelter treats, or helping serve for homeless dinners, etc. Being thankful.
Unread 11-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Talking - CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret! Re: CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret!

Well, Thanksgiving is always at my house. My parents, siblings and my Aunt comes over. I make the turkey, rolls and mash potatoes, My parents make stuffing and the desserts, my brother brings the green beans or corn, my aunt brings the sweet potato casserole and my sister is the snack/appetizer girl. Once dinner is ready to eat, we stand around the table, hold hands and pray, then we chow down, After everyone is stuffed until they can not eat another bite we put on the family movie “National Lampoons Christmas Vacation” and laugh until we cry. My whole family can pretty much to you the movie line for line, but it is the best movie to get the holidays started. LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2012, 06:55 PM

Well in the past my hubby, two kids and I have went to my grandma's house then to my mother in laws and finally home but this year we are having dinner at our house and my parents, in laws, grandma and sister and her family are coming here for dinner then we are putting up our Christmas tree together and finally shopping on black Friday! It should be quite fun as long as my hot flashes stay away!
Unread 11-06-2012, 07:16 PM

My family gathers together, and before we start our big meal for this special day, we go around the table and tell the others what we are thankful for from the past year.
Unread 11-07-2012, 08:25 AM

We get together with both sides of the family, thanksgiving for 1 family and usually the following saturday for the other family, we try to swtich it up from year to year and which ever family gets thanksgiving the other family gets christmas day that year.
Unread 11-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Smile - CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret! Re: CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret!

My traditions have evolved through the years as with everyone else. Now I spend Thanksgiving here in Buffalo with my son and his family and usually head to Texas for Christmas to see my other two sons and their families!
Hope everyone has a great holiday no matter how you choose to celebrate!!
Best Wishes Sisters!
Unread 11-08-2012, 11:46 AM

I spend the Holidays making Candy with my mom. its has beun to be tradition. Making Chocolate! Yes thats right Making Chocolate with my mom and her grandchilderen all 13 of them. If it possible to make it then we do.... And oh its so much then anything you buy in the store or ordered online. The smell of choclate melting over the stove. MMM I dont know what I would do without my mom in the kitchen during Holidays making chocolate covered everything Lol MMMMmmmm what a great Tradition.
Unread 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM

Traditionally I host Thanksgiving dinner for both my family and my husbands family except for the years that I work. However, this year, since I will still be in my recovery stage, my mother in law will be hosting it. Everyone brings a dish and the hostess provides the turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes; this makes it less overwhelming for everyone.
Unread 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM
CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret!

I get up and make blueberries muffins for my family. Then I sit down and make a time chart for all the foods I will b making. Of course, I provide a goodies platter for my family as they wait for the dinner. When dinners ready, we all hold hands and say what we are thankful for. Then its time to chow down, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
This week I am giving away a Cool Secret w/insert!

They are no longer available in the store, so get it while you can!

It’s a $29.95 value.

Keeps you cool, comfortable and dry for up to two hours.

Question:

What are your traditions for Thanksgiving?

Here's how it works:

1. Reply to this thread.
2. Tell us: What are your traditions for Thanksgiving?

Friday, November 9th we will choose 1 winner at random.

This Week's Prize:

Cool Secrets with Insert. Valued at $29.95! No longer available on our website.

How to enter contest:

Reply to this thread telling us about your Thanksgiving traditions.

Multiple Winners Selected:

This Friday - at random - I will use the randomizer to select a post as a winner. I'll reply on the thread to announce a winner!

And because my attorney requires the rules: This contest is void where prohibited by law. Your chance to win is based on the number of participating member's replies. ETA: HysterSisters.com staff members are not eligible to win a prize but we invite them to participate in this thread!

Okie, let's get started!

NOTE: Replies that do not follow contest rules will be removed. In other words, please reply only with your response
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register