TVH Sudden persistent cramping 15 mo post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sudden persistent cramping 15 mo post hysterectomy Sudden persistent cramping 15 mo post hysterectomy

Unread 10-12-2021, 07:34 PM
Sudden persistent cramping 15 mo post hysterectomy

I had a partial vaginal hysterectomy in July of last year. Super easy recovery, and I felt better than I had in years within a week. Like the recovery pain was a huge improvement over my typical period cramps. And until recently, I had been pain free for over a year.

Then about two weeks ago I had sudden sharp cramping. It felt like maybe a ruptured ovarian cyst? Except that it hasn't gone away or gotten any better. If anything, it has gotten worse. It ranges from what my normal period cramps used to feel like, to contraction-like pain, and never really goes away. I have also had a tiny bit of vaginal spotting and blood in my stool.

The doctor that did my surgery left her practice last month, and I just moved across the country, so I'm not even sure where to start or what could be wrong. I am just getting really sick of this pain, and starting to worry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2021, 08:01 PM
Re: Sudden persistent cramping 15 mo post op

Hfk1227,

Please, please, please find a doctor in your new area. This sounds serious, and even if it isn’t, you shouldn’t be in that much pain that regularly. You had your previous surgery to have a better quality of life. Please advocate for yourself as well, and don’t put it off as you don’t want this to become serious.
Unread 10-13-2021, 05:29 AM
Re: Sudden persistent cramping 15 mo post op

I agree, sudden onset cramping combined with the vaginal spotting and blood in your stool should definitely be checked out.

Just for clarification, a partial hysterectomy means the cervix is retained, something that is rarely done in a vaginal hysterectomy. Ovary removal (an oophorectomy) is not part of a hysterectomy, but is often done at the same time for those who need it - so you can still have a total hysterectomy if you keep your ovaries. Terminology is confusing , and it sounds picky , but whether or not you retained your cervix can make a difference in replies you get here and also your diagnosis.

Please find a practice, make an appointment, and update us when you can.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2021, 08:19 AM
Re: Sudden persistent cramping 15 mo post hysterectomy

sudden sharp pain that doesn't go away and blood in your stool isn't normal...you should see a dr. immediately.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register