Brain fog Post Hysterectomy Day 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Brain fog Post Hysterectomy Day 9 Brain fog Post Hysterectomy Day 9

Unread 10-13-2021, 06:13 PM
Brain fog Post Hysterectomy Day 9

Hi. I had a total Hysterectomy with left salpingo oophrectomy on 10/4 Da Vinci.The only complication so far (I'm using stool softners, staying hydrated, alternating ibphrophen and tylenol, eating a protein healthy diet, trying to walk short amounts) is crippling exhaustion and BRAIN FOG starting around 2pm and can last until I go to bed. I feel they gave me a lobotomy as well...its awful. It's like I'm in my body, but completely dissociated from my surroundings. I'm a nurse so I checked my blood pressure and it fine, then I checked my blood sugar and its fine.....soooo...I kept one ovary and my MD said it would make plenty of hormones to compensate for the absent one...Night sweats every other nite...I feel like it's a hormonal imbalance....when on Earth will this even out? It is debilitating...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2021, 07:17 PM
Re: Brain fog Post Op Day 9

Hi,

You may be having some menopause symptoms even though you kept your ovary. I just read this article on Ovarian Blood supply. Maybe it applies to you.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_619162.htm

Best Wishes
Unread Yesterday, 04:14 AM

It can take time for your body to adjust to the rediced hormonal output of only having one ovary, whose blood supply may currently be compromised as discussed in the above article; during this adjustment period, a short course of HRT, or regular servings of plant estrogens from organic soy milk, tofu, and edamame, can help with hormonal balance. If the night sweats are disrupting your sleep, that can lead to fatigue and brain fog, so here are a few suggestions for a better night's sleep: take a daily outdoor walk; turn off all electronics at least an hour before bedtime, because their blue light can suppress melatonin production; set your bedroom thermostat to 60-65°; have a relaxing bedtime routine to signal to your brain that its time to rest; try a magnesium supplement like Natiral Calm to relax your body and promote a deeper, more restful sleep; choose loose fitting cotton nightclothes; arrange your bedding in layers that can be added or removed as necessary; keep a towel handy to wipe off the sweat; if you're awakened by a night sweat, try Progressive Muscle Relaxation to help yourself to fall back asleep. Best wishes for moving past this stage soon, and for continued health and healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread Yesterday, 04:24 AM
Re: Brain fog Post Hysterectomy Day 9

and I agree with Brocky. It's very common to have symptoms of a hormone imbalance for a few to several weeks after this surgery even if we kept one or both ovaries. Night sweats, brain fog, insomnia, mood swings.... I figured my ovaries were full throttle again somewhere between 12-16 weeks - monitored by the vaginal dryness I was experiencing.

Unread Yesterday, 11:56 AM

Thanks ladies. I plan on letting my MD know next week for my follow up. I am going to try edandme! I am keeping a daily diary so I can compare myself to.....myself I guess..🤣. Really to see if things are improving overall. I started taking B12 and a multivitamin with extra Calcium and D3 so hopefully that will help as well. Thank you for being supportive!

Erin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register