Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 26-Nov 01,2020 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 26-Nov 01,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 26-Nov 01,2020

Unread 11-08-2020, 12:07 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 26-Nov 01,2020

Good afternoon ladies, been quite after recovery, had a heck of a time. 3 days after my daughter got a double ear infection (first ever in her life , just turned 16) and so I had turn up mommy mode and walk downstairs for the first time and assess her symptoms and make doctors appointment much to her dislike and get her dad to come home from work to take her before doctors closed for weekend. Poor thing was miserable even tho I was in a lot of pain and her pain hurts me worse. Got her on meds and ear drops and took her 5 days to feel better, which happen to be the day of her 16th birthday, I was 8 days post op so was feeling so so and we made her birthday cake together. And we ordered her favorite sushi ( ewww) not for me lol but I got hibachi steak, unfortunately my system was not ready for the rich of food or I got food poisoning and I was puking and pooping all night . It was miserable, we never got to cut her cake that night. But the next evening we did , it was good, had a very small piece. Today I took my dog for his first walk post surgery for me and he was so happy to go , I was only gonna go a short distance to the end of the street where it has a cul de sac and was accosted by a lady yelling out her car window don’t let that dog **** on my lawn ! I was mortified! We were just walking and the dog was not even in front of her house yet. Also I always have bags and this dog has never pooped on a walk he just likes to smell mailbox post and plants he won’t even poop on my front lawn because he can only relax enough in the fenced backyard to go. Anyways not a great way to start off my first walk on recovery. Tuesday afternoon is my follow up with doc , I couldn’t talk to her to much after surgery because I was having some trouble breathing after , they said I was having panic attacks, but it just felt my lungs would not expand enough but short little sentences, so I told her I had to stop talking , she said she would go over everything in follow up and show me pictures from surgery. I am going to ask her if I can go back to work Wednesday, I’m gonna take my daughter with me to my office to help out ( she doesn’t have school on Wednesdays ) so she can be my bender or reacher or walk mail out. Hope all of you are feeling a bit better every day , I’m catching up on everyone’s progress. Be well ,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2020, 12:19 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 26-Nov 01,2020

Good Sunday Afternoon. Post 10 days.
This morning shower was a little much. I guess I had the water to warm because when I got out I was nauseated. Has anyone else experienced this? I had to taken one of the nausea pills for it. The meds worked wonderfully, but I did not enjoy the dry heves at all.
I went to church afterwards. It felt great to be in the house of the Lord. I hope you ladies are doing well. Prayers for all of you. Be kind to your bodies.!
Unread 11-08-2020, 12:54 PM

Packed up the many extra feminine products today, keeping a handful for guests and just in case. I’ll be donating them to a homeless shelter. If you are overstocked like I am, and only when you’re ready, consider donating your extras.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdisme19 View Post
10 days post op, been feeling like crap yesterday and today with feeling like I have a UTI and newer sharp pains. Have had to take more of the pain pills again. Ended up going to an OBGYN today just to make sure I don’t have a UTI and everything was normal and my vaginal stitches looked great, no urine leakage, maybe just really still irritated from the catheter during surgery but we will wait for sure to get a urine culture back in a few days. Going to see my primary OBGYN/surgeon next week since she wants to see me to check up since I came in today, but my post op will still be a week after that. Feeling some reassurance but still not my best. My lower back is killing now from all the laying down so I may have to start gradually introducing myself to my work chair while wearing my binder so I’m not laying down as much. For now just icing and trying to calm down. This has been a really tough 10 days filled with anxiety and pain and not knowing what is good or bad but I’m doing my best. My poor body is just like ugh!!! It went through so much and still is. Baking a cauliflower pizza for dinner, thank goodness. Tired of soup and fruit and peanut butter and prune juice!!
Hope you are feeling better
Unread 11-09-2020, 03:15 AM

Hi all, day 11 for me after a LAVH and cervix and tube removal! I think I’m doing pretty well really as have had no bleeding, my stitches are out and I am able to do some basic cooking and cleaning.
Unfortunately I met my surgeon back in February for a brief discussion and then only saw him for about 2 mins the day after my operation so I have little information as to what occurred or what happens from here. Your posts and good old google are my saving grace!
I have some pain still and get so tired, but I know that is expected. Should I be having some follow up or post op before I anticipate a return to work?
Unread 11-09-2020, 08:41 AM

How is everyone doing this Monday? When I was in recovery from my own surgery I remember that at the second week everyone (including me) was amazed at how well I was doing. I thought to myself, "This was surprisingly easy compared to what I expected." In some ways, it really was! But, this is a very long recovery. Day 14 for some of you today! About now, your GI tract is starting to return to normal, but that experience is not necessarily a steady one. Your hospital pain meds are out of your system and you may be only on advil a/o tylenol. Your tiredness is likely starting to increase, not decrease! You may be experiencing the beginning of some emotional turbulence. I gathered some resources for your below, from my moderator from my recovery thread.
Resources:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_548811.htm
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_590192.htm
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_548817.htm
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_548540.htm
Unread 11-09-2020, 09:14 AM

Currently day 11 post op. Feeling pretty well. Have only taken 2 pain pills in the last four days. Doing the 800mg ibuprofen 2x daily and the tylenol midday. Seems to be working well for me. I'm sure there will be rough days ahead but my recovery is going better than I expected. Attempting to make some simple crockpot meals this week (no lifting and sitting to prep). The worst part me is the exhaustion that comes out of nowhere. Not normally a napper, but could use one today. Have a kiddo home on quarantine for Covid exposure so that isn't an option. We may try to make a few trips up and down the driveway just to get out of the house. Go for first follow up Thursday so hoping he gives me the ok to start SLOWLY working back up to my pre surgery walks. Have only had light discharge for one day. Feeling some twinges this morning. Wondering if it is related to the stitches. Hope everyone is recovering well.
Unread 11-09-2020, 08:19 PM

Day 13 almost over, feeling pretty decent except for still getting twinges of pain here and there. Vaginal stitches are throbbing a bit today and ache. Maybe I have done too much today but I don’t think I so? I’ll make sure to get a good rest tonight and take it easier tomorrow. Been trying to walk more but it’s gonna start snowing again here this week. I go back to work remotely in 2 days and I’m not excited, been nice to have time off. Still get exhausted sometimes and my back hurts a lot more from using it to stand instead of being able to use my abdomen more. Excited to just keep feeling better! Still using Miralax daily and plan to for probably at least the first 4-6 weeks to ensure I don’t do any straining. Hope you all had a good Monday!
Unread 11-10-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdisme19 View Post
Day 13 almost over, feeling pretty decent except for still getting twinges of pain here and there. Vaginal stitches are throbbing a bit today and ache. Maybe I have done too much today but I don’t think I so? I’ll make sure to get a good rest tonight and take it easier tomorrow. Been trying to walk more but it’s gonna start snowing again here this week. I go back to work remotely in 2 days and I’m not excited, been nice to have time off. Still get exhausted sometimes and my back hurts a lot more from using it to stand instead of being able to use my abdomen more. Excited to just keep feeling better! Still using Miralax daily and plan to for probably at least the first 4-6 weeks to ensure I don’t do any straining. Hope you all had a good Monday!
That seems like a long time to Miralax. I think that might be unsafe. Think about a fiber supplements instead or call your doctor.
Unread 11-10-2020, 04:07 PM

I'll be out of pocket tomorrow, Weds. Support each other while I'm gone! Happy healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register