#1 Anesthesia & #2 Sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

#1 Anesthesia & #2 Sex #1 Anesthesia & #2 Sex

Unread 10-15-2003, 10:45 AM
#1 Anesthesia & #2 Sex

Question #1 - To those of you who have had surgery before--If the anesthesia made you sick, are you a person who tends to be weak stomached anyway? In other words if you have a strong stomach and nothing ever makes you sick, were you nauseated after anesthesia? or vice versa
Question # 2 - I can't believe I am asking this--I have 6 days until surgery and I want s*x all the time. I told my DH that when you are obsessed with thinking about "that part" of your body 24 hours a day it just brings it on. He said he hopes I continue to obsess--even after the surgery.:-)

I am not as scared as I was--(I think). Just wish it were over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2003, 10:49 AM
Well, Duh!

I got so flustered I did even finish question #2. Has anybody else had this "problem"?
Unread 10-15-2003, 11:01 AM
#1 Anesthesia & #2 Sex

I have a strong stomach but I did wake up wanting to throw up in recovery. The nurse gave me medication right away and I didn't throw up at all. I did have some problems when I tried to sip some broth later that night but by the next morning I was over the sick stomach feeling. I'm sensitive to medications so I warned them before surgery. They made sure I had what I needed to keep it under control. Just remember, everyone is different.

I felt the same right before and after surgery about sex...wanted it badly especially pain free sex! My sex drive is better than ever and there's no complaints from me or my DH!

Best wishes,

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2003, 11:01 AM
#1 Anesthesia & #2 Sex

I don't know about the getting sick with anesthesia..but is WANTING SEX TOO MUCH a problem for anyone? Ha, ha. So funny.

Anyway, just teasing you.

I have never been sick due to anesthesia. Ever. Four kids, six or eight experiences with all sorts of drugs....to be worked on, but NO sickness. No am not prone to being nauseous...except morning sickness, which is only slightly.

I just tell myself I am not going to feel sick - I ALSO ask the Anesthesiologist to give me something pre-A along with the Anesthesia, THAT probably has something to do with it.

They don't ALWAYS ask, you have to tell them to do it.
Unread 10-15-2003, 11:25 AM
#1 Anesthesia & #2 Sex

I agree with Flowersam ... tell the A-man you DONT want to get sick...and then tell him again. They can give you something. In fact, if you happen to have friends or relatives who are nurses, ask them who they want (A-Man) when they have surgery. You can bet they know who the best are. My Drs. nurse was able to request the one i wanted. I had no problems at all.

My husband is the only one obsessing about "that part of my body." Frankly. Im tired of thinking about it all. LOL Hope your "problem" continues ! Good luck Susan
Unread 10-15-2003, 12:09 PM
#1 Anesthesia & #2 Sex

I am really worried about sex after surgery, i dont want to sound gross, but the only time i really care anything about it is right before aunt flo comes in, and since she wont be invited back EVER, i am just wandering how it is going to effect me!
Unread 10-15-2003, 12:14 PM
#1 Anesthesia & #2 Sex

I also have a strong stomach...I only got nauseated/sick once and that was the next day after i ate some yellow jello.

The sex think was like that for me too, guess the tought of not having it for so long puts us in overdrive
Unread 10-15-2003, 12:41 PM
#1 Anesthesia & #2 Sex

Hello~

Definately talk to the anesthesiologist about the nausea, etc. I had a really bad experience with the anes. after my hysterectomy. I was horribly nauseous & shaking uncontrolably. I had another surgery just a couple months ago & told the anesthesiologist about my past experience...He said he had drugs that would fix both of those things. I woke up and wasn't shaking & wasn't nauseous in the least bit. I was SO happy! Oh...I wasn't parched either. I was so parched after my hsyt. I couldn't even ask for water. That didn't happen the second time around. It is amazing all the drugs they have to fix the horrible side effects. I would definately ask the anesthesiologist about it before hand.

Take care!
Unread 10-15-2003, 01:47 PM
#1 Anesthesia & #2 Sex

Anesthesia?? I dont have a weak stomach and havent gotten nausea from it.

Sex?? What the heck is SEX????? I lost my libido completely over a year ago on Depo Provera. I hope to find it again one day.
Unread 10-15-2003, 01:52 PM
hunting, hunting.....

Hey feisty,
If you find it will you tell me where you found it ? I would like to look for mine also !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register