Scheduled TAH 12cm Fibroid growing fast | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12cm Fibroid growing fast 12cm Fibroid growing fast

Unread 09-01-2011, 05:11 PM
12cm Fibroid growing fast

I have a 12cm fibroid that is rapidly growing, I am 43 years old and it is pendulated.(Outside Uterus) I am so worried as with any Dr. he had to mention the C word.

My husband and I opted (Due to no more kids) to have the large fibroid and the uterus out. Less blood loss, etc since he said it is vascular. Dr. said he will do as little as needed, if he can take the fibroid and uterus look healthy it will stay. Surgery is Sept 22 and I am so nervous. I am looking forward to getting it out as I am running out of room and hard to eat alot( losing weight though). Just need someone to talk with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Re: 12cm Fibroid growing fast

My surgery is Sept. 19th and I am having a TAH, as well. I have a 15 cm x 15 cm x 12 cm fibroid that they think is in the uterus. I feel very bloated all the time except my tummy is hard as a rock. I too, am 43 years old. I am praying that mine is just a fibroid and not letting myself think anything else. Sounds like we are very similar situation. I am having mine out no matter what though...I don't want this to happen again and I am sick of the horrid periods.

I hope you do well in your surgery. I just keep telling myself...everything will be fine. I am ready to have it done and at the same time, I am rather terrified!
Unread 09-01-2011, 10:12 PM

Giant Fibroids Unite!

I have what my surgeon is pretty sure is a pedunculated one, like yours, only mine is 19 cm x 18 cm x 10 cm. She's gonna try to just whack it out, but if it turns out to be on the inside, rather than the outside, of the uterus, Everything Must Go.

Mine has been on a more steady crawl towards its current insane size, which comforts me because I figure if it WERE cancer, I'd be way more messed up than I am right now. Doctors can also tell things like whether it looks like there's a lot of fluid involved, and even some characteristic shape things. Cancer is insanely rare, and it's not more common with faster growth than slower growth, from what I've read. The average age of diagnosis for a truly cancerous fibroid growth is 58.

You are doing exactly the right thing by getting this dealt with, and your surgery date is soon. I'm going in the 13th--there was a cancellation and my surgeon was able to bump me up, which I'm glad about because it means less time to suffer and stew. Mine just tipped the scales towards way--more--symptomatic this month: I've long noticed what I thought was a weight gain, but now that I know what it is, it's really uncomfortable. I'm also feeling constant I guess you'd say pressure in my pelvis, and a wide range of delightful digestive symptoms because Mr. Fibroid is a greedy little space hog and shoves every other item out of the way.

We'll be on the other side of it soon enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2011, 04:34 AM

Oh I am so happy to find other women with the same issues. I was a little scared yesterday when I got on the scale and lost 3 pounds over the last week, been feeling nauseated and you are right this mass seems to consume my entire pelvic area and can't really eat to much.

I am like you, just get it out, I will deal with everything else later. I seem to be tired and just not feeling well but I think it is just my mind wearing on me. I am really going to try and perk up and enjoy life instead of fretting about the unknown.
It is so nice to be able to chat with girls with same issue, thanks again for posting and love to keep in touch.

Feeling better and it is Friday!!
Unread 09-02-2011, 06:46 AM

My fibroid was 16cmx16cm and probably about 6 years old! I regret not dealing with it earlier on. I ended up in cardiac arrest and a few weeks in the ICU before finally having a hysterectomy. Now I am so much happier.

Take care and good luck to you!
Unread 09-02-2011, 06:48 AM

I had large fibroids also.

One, growing on the outside, had grown to the size of a softball & I could see it poking up through my tummy when I'd lay on my back. My uterus was full of fibroids also. One was at 12x9cm and degenerating. My tummy was so large, I looked 8 months pregnant when I wasn't trying to "hold in" my tummy.

Man, The pics of my uterus is astonishing honestly. I still don't have the exact dimensions and weight but the ruler they had in front if it was 15in and my uterus was the full length, bulging from the inside with fibroids.

My mom told me when I was born, I was 19in and full term....wow.

I'm also petite, 5' 3- 120lbs, so I had NO room for that thing in me.
Unread 09-02-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmew View Post
My fibroid was 16cmx16cm and probably about 6 years old! I regret not dealing with it earlier on. I ended up in cardiac arrest and a few weeks in the ICU before finally having a hysterectomy. Now I am so much happier.

Take care and good luck to you!
Holy smoke. So glad you are okay! I just want it over with...I am looking forward to being on the other side of recovery and feeling good again!
Unread 09-02-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mileena View Post
I had large fibroids also.

One, growing on the outside, had grown to the size of a softball & I could see it poking up through my tummy when I'd lay on my back. My uterus was full of fibroids also. One was at 12x9cm and degenerating. My tummy was so large, I looked 8 months pregnant when I wasn't trying to "hold in" my tummy.

Man, The pics of my uterus is astonishing honestly. I still don't have the exact dimensions and weight but the ruler they had in front if it was 15in and my uterus was the full length, bulging from the inside with fibroids.

My mom told me when I was born, I was 19in and full term....wow.

I'm also petite, 5' 3- 120lbs, so I had NO room for that thing in me.
Wow...that is amazing! My tummy is distended from this. It sticks out and is hard as a rock. I felt it but really just thought I was eating too much ice cream. I had no idea it was a fibroid. 17 days and counting till I can start my recovery!
Unread 09-02-2011, 05:25 PM

Having had fibroids, I can tell you how much better it will be when they're gone, gone, gone!! I didn't realize what they were doing to me until I didn't have them anymore. I felt so much lighter and couldn't believe how flat my stomach was! And to not have to worry about heavy periods anymore? YAY! I was very nervous and anxious about having surgery, but when I got home the next day, I knew it was totally the right decision and never regretted it. It's been 9 months and life is good.

Best of luck to everyone and may your surgeries and recoveries be uneventful!!

Unread 09-03-2011, 06:43 AM

Ditto Mtnreader...Your going to feel a world of difference and feel so much better. My fibroid was on the inside of my uterus and everything was taken out....including ovaries and tubes. Looking forward to getting back into clothes and not looking preggars...once my Post op swelling goes down!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register