Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 24-Jan 30,2022 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 24-Jan 30,2022 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 24-Jan 30,2022

Unread 01-24-2022, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 24-Jan 30,2022

If your hysterectomy was between Jan 24-Jan 30,2022 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2022, 07:16 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 24-Jan 30,2022

Dear Sisters, welcome to this recovery thread!

This is your place to find sisters you may have met already online during your Pre Op Chat or simply bond with new ones along your journey. I am hoping that this thread will help you in the days and weeks and months to come, as we are all sisters who are in the same boat. Please share your stories and your thoughts and questions with one another here. Help another sister by responding to her question.

Together, we will heal as one wonderful sister group.

I will be here to help you with my thoughts and support during this time of healing. Since my own surgeries were only 4 years ago, I remember well what my recovery was like and I will share my experiences here with you all. As resource tools, I will also post articles that the website has to offer as it is a vast wealth of information.
Please remember that there is no such thing as a silly question. And please know it's ok just to post and to say that you need support.
I and many other sisters are here for you and want to be with you during this time of recovery.

For now, please remember the following:

lots of water.
get lots of sleep.

Take your pains meds as directed. You need them!

Call your doctor when any new symptom arises or whenever you might have a question for peace of mind.

Walk just a little bit (from your resting place to the bathroom or to the kitchen and back again).

I will check in with you all every day throughout the weeks to come.

xoxo
Unread 01-25-2022, 05:21 AM

I had a total robotic assisted vaginal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oopherectomy yesterday morning at 730am.
I was home by 1pm. The pharmacy "never got" my pain meds and estrogen patch orders. Thankfully I had pain meds left over from a past surgery and the doctors office got after the pharmacy last night.
Rested, tried to eat but everything tasted awful. Even water tasted bad, but I drank and ate crackers. Drank my post op Ensure. Tons of pain, but I would call this 6-7/10 and that is much better than the 9-10/10 that was happening every month toward the end.
This morning I am hurting, gassy, and hungry. Have a heat pack on my belly. Going back to bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2022, 09:57 AM

Hello all. I had a partial done yesterday. He took the fallopian tubes and my uterus. It was laprispocial and robot-assisted surgery. I had it around 730 am and came home around 130. I am sore though not as bad as the 6 or 7 hernias repaired in August. He stated I will probably be a bit more sore than usual because I had a lot of scar tissue to get through etc. Did not really eat much yesterday. I took Miralax because of course after having the opposite issue all weekend I Did not take it thinking I would be fine. Tried to sleep in the bed somewhat and was very propped but sleep better in my recliner chair not reclined. All in all I am doing alright
Unread 01-25-2022, 11:03 AM

Hope today is better for you!
  Quote:
Originally Posted by jenja8105 View Post
Hello all. I had a partial done yesterday. He took the fallopian tubes and my uterus. It was laprispocial and robot-assisted surgery. I had it around 730 am and came home around 130. I am sore though not as bad as the 6 or 7 hernias repaired in August. He stated I will probably be a bit more sore than usual because I had a lot of scar tissue to get through etc. Did not really eat much yesterday. I took Miralax because of course after having the opposite issue all weekend I Did not take it thinking I would be fine. Tried to sleep in the bed somewhat and was very propped but sleep better in my recliner chair not reclined. All in all I am doing alright
Unread 01-25-2022, 04:08 PM

Thank you for posting here today, LisaReBorn and Jenja8105.
I'm thrilled to see you here on this thread and already posting.

I am always perplexed as to why many sisters are discharged the SAME DAY as this major surgery, but here we are and we need to make the best of it.

For those of you alread home, please please please heed my advice and REST REST REST.
There is nothing else you should be doing at this time except for taking good care of yourselves and resting.

And taking your pain killers.
It's better to be ahead of the pain than to be in pain and then to take your pills and then wait for them to kick in. At least these early days (LisaReBorn, cannot even believe they discharged you without meds!!).
Some pain is expected of course, but if the pain is bad and NOT reacting to your pain meds then I need you to please call your provider. The pain should be manageable with meds. And it's totally ok to be on prescription meds at this point! In fact, it's expected. There is time to get off those and onto over the counter meds but for now I'd suggest taking them as prescribed.

Food at this point should be light, as you still have some of the anaesthesia in you and I don't want you to eat a heavy meal and get nauseous (vomiting would hurt your poor tummies, believe, me, I speak from experience)

the water will help you flush out the anesthesia and will help you go to the bathroom for your first post op bowel movement. Perhaps a cup with a straw will be easy?

the walking should be to the bathroom and then back to your resting place. It's too early to start walking for exercise. But a bit of walking is good and will help you with your circulation and also with the dreaded first BM.

I leave you with a gentle hug and am so glad that the surgery is behind you!

xoxo
Liv
Unread 01-25-2022, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaReBorn View Post
Hope today is better for you!
Thank you very much. I feel like I am doing pretty good today. Sore and tender but this is a breeze so far compared to hernia surgery.
Unread Yesterday, 12:03 AM

Thank you!
Yes. Leaving felt rushed. Everyone I know was admitted overnight, and now no longer as long as there is adequate assistance at home they weren't even worried that I live upstairs as long as my husband and mom were there. The meds we ere sent to my Kroger pharmacy and not filled until 4pm today. I had a shower. That was difficult. I was uncomfortable most of the day and couldn't sleep. Did have two BMs so that was good. Was supposed to go back to work in the morning (I work from home) but I can't talk more than a few minutes without coughing and losing my voice, my boss is totally okay with me taking the time. Surgeon says I will feel up to doing things I shouldn't do by Thursday and to let her know if I dont. Makes me wonder if she noticed that I was 287lbs and I wasn't up to bowling BEFORE I had sugery! Lol. I was super cranky today. Couldn't take my husband's jokes, yelled at the dog and cried. I wished I had found out about this site before the day before surgery.
Unread Yesterday, 03:28 AM

Best wishes to all my sisters in recovery!
I feel absolutely terrible for those who were sent home so quickly! I can’t believe it! Here in the UK it is standard to be kept in one night and possibly more depending on how you get on.

My laparoscopic hysterectomy with removal of my right ovary and tube (the left had been taken out a few years ago!) was around 2pm on 24th and I got home from the hospital around 6pm yesterday. It was a difficult surgery and took around 5 hours so it was a bit of an ordeal. I required catheter and oxygen all through the night.

I was surprised that when I woke up the morning after that I didn’t feel too bad, but as the day wore on things went downhill! I’m very gassy and feel really uncomfortable and sore. But I’m very glad that it is over!

Best of luck to everyone!
Unread Yesterday, 04:15 AM

Best wishes to you as well! I would say a lot of things don't make sense in the Healthcare world of the US. It all is up to the insurance or I wouldn't have had to fight for so long to get this done and live normally. I hope for you and all the sisters in recovery well, emotionally and physically.
[/b][/b][/b]
  Quote:
Originally Posted by emily_blue View Post
Best wishes to all my sisters in recovery!
I feel absolutely terrible for those who were sent home so quickly! I can’t believe it! Here in the UK it is standard to be kept in one night and possibly more depending on how you get on.

My laparoscopic hysterectomy with removal of my right ovary and tube (the left had been taken out a few years ago!) was around 2pm on 24th and I got home from the hospital around 6pm yesterday. It was a difficult surgery and took around 5 hours so it was a bit of an ordeal. I required catheter and oxygen all through the night.

I was surprised that when I woke up the morning after that I didn’t feel too bad, but as the day wore on things went downhill! I’m very gassy and feel really uncomfortable and sore. But I’m very glad that it is over!

Best of luck to everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register