2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 254 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 08-24-2008, 08:26 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi All,

Yesterday I did errands and laundry. I have one load of towels left for today. I did get my haircut. My stylist talked me into trying something different with a longer top. I am not sure I am liking it but I promised to give it a chance until my next haircut. We'll see.

Cindy your day sounds lovely yesterday. Enjoy your family time today.

Sas I hope YDD is better.

Lisa spending the day with Matthew will be so nice. You are not whining about the dogs! I know what it is like to have to give those shots and all the feedings. I did not like giving Buddy those shots, but I am glad I did it gave us some extra time with him before he was gone, and now we all miss him. I have had those feelings many times about wishing DH would help more with things, so you are definitely not alone on that one!

I don't have any plans for today. I made breakfast for dinner last night and we are grilling steaks tonight. GD comes home at 5. Other than that I will probably be hanging out at home.

Enjoy your day ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2008, 09:17 AM

Good morning ladies,

This is my last week until school starts. Yesterday we just relaxed and spent some family time together. Last night we went out for chicago style pizza. When we got home DH and I took a walk. We had a good weekend. It is a little on the chilly side today. I'm going to clean up the house and do laundry. Tonight I have to take DD to have her sized for her dance uniform. Dance will be starting in 2 weeks. I'm making chili for supper.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 08-25-2008, 08:11 PM

Hi Ladies,

Long day. After work I had to grocery shop, pick up GD, make supper etc. Gd was in rare 2 year old form tonight. Testing, testing. YDD needs me to look over homework and I have to make lunches before bed. I wanted to pop on quick to say hello.

Cindy your weekend sounded blisssful. I am enjoying the cool weather! Your chili sounds perfect. We had chicken teriyaki stir fry. I hope you enjoy your last week with the kids.

Have a great evening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2008, 10:20 PM

Well, I made it through Monday. I am only going to work 4 days this week and then have a 4 day weekend I only worked at Target today and then after work stopped at the new Marshalls that also opened in that shopping center. I bought 3 new tops. I spent an hour in that store just looking around. They had some nice bargains.

Tomorrow I have a dental appointment to get started on my new crown. I was supposed to go back months ago, but that was when I got really sick and had that cough for months, so I'm finally going in the morning. I absolutely hate the dentist. I hope I make it through without too much anxiety. After the dentist I need to work at 2 of my stores.

This evening it has cooled off a bit. It was 97 today and by the weekend we will be around 106. Where is fall???? I am ready for cooler temperatures. Right now I have the window open and there is a nice breeze.

Jan it sounds like you have had a busy day. Glad you took a few minutes to check in.

Cindy it sounds like you had a relaxing family weekend. Enjoy your last week with the kids. DH and I have been walking in the evenings. He didn't go with me tonight though. I am determined to keep up with the daily walks. The Dr. said that is good for my osteopenia.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening and a happy Tuesday
Unread 08-26-2008, 01:29 PM

Hi ladies,

I haven't been on much as I post from work and I'm still on vacation. I go back to work on Thursday.

We had a great time in San Diego. The weather was so pleasant. My niece had a great time. Dd enjoyed having her on the trip. It was very relaxing....one day we went to the beach and the next day we spent it at Sea World. Spent a day at the pool too. My dd loves the water.

Since we've been back it has been pretty busy...getting ready for school. she starts tomorrow. We had regisration day and today she had an orientation. We've done some shopping. i've also taken care of a couple of projects here at home and it feels great. I finally got to my closet...got rid of lots of clothes, shoes, purses, etc. How we collect so much stuff!!!

Today dd has a dentist appt...cleaning time. She has recovered from her oral surgery and did well. I'm enjoying my last couple of days off before heading back to work.

Hope everyone is doing well. Haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts. We are having really hot weather right now....very high 90's to triple digits...yuck!!

Well got to go see what we are doing for lunch. Dd has a friend over for the day...they are watching TV right now. I just finished with some cleaning.

Have a great day.
Unread 08-26-2008, 03:51 PM

Hi ladies,

We are having just gorgeous weather. Bright sunshine and cool temps. I'm going to miss this weather. Fall is my favorite season, but I prefer warm weather. We went to the library and the park today. We've been having mostly relaxing days this last week before school starts. I have steak and gravy cooking in the crockpot. I'm hoping DH and I will take another walk tonight. I enjoyed it the other night and felt like I actually did something healthy. I wish we would have started going on walks earlier this summer though.

Jan you are busy! You seem to be having the same weather as us. Chicken terriyaki stir fry sounds good.

Lisa I like your idea of a 4 day weekend. Sometimes I like just taking my time and browsing when I shop. And it's always a bonus when there are great bargains. Good luck at your dentist appt.

Scrapper I'm glad to hear from you. It sounds like you had a good time in San Diego as I knew you would. How nice to still be on vacation. That works out nice that you and DD could have some time home together before school and back to work. I'm glad dd's surgery went well! I did some cleaning out closets too. It is amazing the things that we collect!

I hope you all have a good evening!
Unread 08-26-2008, 06:48 PM

Hi All,

Busy day at work but not so bad after work today. GD went with her Dad. DH and I had leftovers for dinner. It is beautiful cool sunny weather here. I cleaned up the kitchen and have been relaxing with DH for most of the evening. GD comes home at 8. She will need a bath and then bed. After that I will make lunches and then it won't be long until bedtime. I am glad for the cooler weather, but I would like it to stay just like this. I don't like it when we have to switch to long pants and jackets.

Scrapper it was good to hear from you! Sounds like a great trip. I have been to Seaworld in Orlando and really liked it. I bet it is nice in S.D. Good luck too DD in the new school year.

Lisa your shopping trip worked out well. I feel for you with the dentist. I hope it passes quickly and you are off too work in no time flat. 4 day weekend sounds great, and you deserve it with all the time you put in. I hope some of our beautiful weather heads to you and scrapper soon.

Cindy. Oh that yummy steak and gravy again. Can I come, LOL~! What do you use to make the gravy? Your day with the kids sounds nice. I hope you get in that walk with DH.

Have a great evening ladies!!
Unread 08-26-2008, 07:59 PM

I survived the dentist...I am now a partial Queen with a partial crown on my tooth. I go back on the 10th to get my real crown. Right now my tooth is really hurting. Hopefully by tomorrow it will have eased up.

I mowed the backyard earlier and am getting ready to do the front. Tonight is garbarge night. I only mowed the backyard 3 days ago and I still got 3 catchers full of grass from it. I wish it would slow down.

Today was mid 90's and the next 4 day are going to be 100+ DH gets off at 8 and I think I may walk to his job and hitch a ride home with him. I know he won't want to go for a walk after he gets off, so I'll just walk and then get a ride home.

Matthew has back to school night tonight, so he came over after school and had dinner with me. I had made some pinto beans in the crock pot today, so we had burritos and spanish rice. After we ate he changed and off he went. Andrew is at class tonight and I have the house to myself right now.

Jan it sounds like today was a little easier for you.

Cindy your dinner sounds yummy. I think thats what I'll be fixing tomorrow night.

Scrapper I'm glad you had a nice vacation. Can't beat the weather in San Diego.

Well I better run and get that lawn mowed and then start heading toward dh work. With my luck he'll leave early and drive right on past me. He is not observant at all.

Have a great evening
Unread 08-27-2008, 10:17 AM

Lisa I see what you mean about feeding your dogs... that is way more complex than feeding my healthy slobbering beasts!! How do you make the pinto beans? I have been wanting to make the black beans from the dried beans. Ugh the dentist... I hope your tooth is feeling better today.

Cindy your weekend sounded heavenly! It is nice you and dh got some time together. Your weather does sound nice..

Jan I am glad you had some relaxing time after work.

Scrapper your vacation sounded very fun and very relaxing .San Diego is a great escape from the hot weather!

Well the flubug is a 36 to 48 hour thing. SAturday morning ODD woke up at 3am with her stomach ache and it hit me sunday morning. I ended up with another migraine was down 2 days with that.
Yesterday YDS broke her hand... She was actually a lucky girl that was all she broke. She was swinging on a tire swing and the rope broke mid swing!she flew into a pile of rocks. ODD was babysitting around the corner and YDD was with her. (She did great with her emergency)One of the kids was screaming but she stayed calm and called me. She has to get a cast and that will be up to when the orthopedist can get her in.YDS went to the same doc last year. I like him but it is a long wait sometimes...It is a few hours a day for every appt, with the drive and the waiting. And wouldn't you know it the little stinker broke her right hand one week before school started??
I hope everyone has a relaxing yet productive day, thats what I am hoping for..
Unread 08-27-2008, 01:19 PM

Hi ladies,

It is a rainy day. I did a little cleaning this morning and laundry. We are just hanging out watching movies. I got some good news yesterday. I got an email from my former grocery delivery service. A big MN grocery chain bought them and they are reopening under a new name in October. I'm so happy! I will be able to reactivate my account and it sounds like everything will be the same. yahoo! Tomorrow I go for my mammogram. My appt. is 7:15am so I'll have to leave the house at 6:45. That's the only time I could get. I'm making pork chops for supper.

Jan I'm glad you got some time to relax with DH yesterday. I would love to have you over for crockpot steak and gravy! For my gravy I mix a couple packets of homestyle gravy with water then I mix in a can of cream of mushroom soup and then pour it over the steak. When I mix the soup in I only stir it until it's mixed together. It's lumpy when I pour it in, but it smooths out as it cook. If you over mix it turns out too watery. I know it's not homemade gravy, but it turns out really creamy and it has a good flavor.

Lisa I hope your tooth is feeling better today. That grass growing so nice is from all of your hard work. I hope DH didn't pass you up last night! lol How did Matthew's back to school night go?

Sas you have been busy with sickness and broken bones! I'm glad you are all better from the flu, but sorry to hear about dd's hand. I hope she gets her cast soon. Did you hear anything as to when your son leaves?

I hope you are all enjoying your day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register