Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 03-May 09,2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 03-May 09,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 03-May 09,2021

Unread 05-03-2021, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 03-May 09,2021

If your hysterectomy was between May 03-May 09,2021 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2021, 08:39 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 03-May 09,2021

Welcome to The Other Side, Princesses!

I am your Sunshine Sister (moderator), and I will be posting most every day during your initial recovery, which is usually 4-8 weeks. I will read each of your messages. If you have a question you want me to definitely reply to, just put my name with your question. You've got this, ladies!

This is your Recovery Thread, where you’ll be able to share your progress and laugh and cry together as you support one another along the way. I'll be walking alongside you in your recovery journey, sharing my own experiences and pointing you to resources we have here.

Healing is your #1 priority. This was major surgery and healing takes place inside as well as outside. You’re still your doctor’s patient until you’re released, and even then, healing will continue.

Get plenty of rest, nap, and rest some more!
Follow your doctor’s orders
Lean on others for help
Drink plenty of water
Take your meds as directed (around the clock to stay ahead of the pain)
Walk as you are able (for now, from your cozy recovery spot to the bathroom or kitchen)
Listen to your genius body as it heals – trust your body knows how to heal this
Don’t drive until your doctor says ok!

There will be things you cannot and must not do at first. If your doctor hasn’t given you restrictions that you recall, ASK! My specific restrictions for the first 6 weeks were: lifting more than 10lbs, driving, flying, soaking, and nothing in the vagina.

You may experience gas, bowel issues, aches and pains, and your emotions might swing at the drop of a hankie.

And when you’re confused, it’s okay to ask questions, and we welcome you to discuss whatever is on your mind. You are not alone! Also, a reminder that while you have this website and community, your doctor is your best bet for diagnosing and triaging concerns!

Have your support get you some miralax, psyllium, etc. for when you get home!

For now, rest – and rest well!
Unread 05-03-2021, 06:29 PM

Hi! I’m 54 and did a TAH with BSO in May 3rd. Was diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia atypia. Surgery went well and my pain level is currently about 5. Jumps up when I try to move or laugh! Slept well with the melatonin they gave me. But of course the regular nurse visits are disruptive! Waiting for my docs to come visit me and talk to me about the procedure. A junior doctor in the team showed me a pic of my uterus tubes and ovaries! Going to take the catheter out today so I can walk around. I was put on a clear diet but the doc just came and said I can have some tea and toast now! Yay!
Wishing all of us a speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2021, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsone View Post
Hi! I’m 54 and did a TAH with BSO in May 3rd. Was diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia atypia. Surgery went well and my pain level is currently about 5. Jumps up when I try to move or laugh! Slept well with the melatonin they gave me. But of course the regular nurse visits are disruptive! Waiting for my docs to come visit me and talk to me about the procedure. A junior doctor in the team showed me a pic of my uterus tubes and ovaries! Going to take the catheter out today so I can walk around. I was put on a clear diet but the doc just came and said I can have some tea and toast now! Yay!
Wishing all of us a speedy recovery!
Update: still in hospital till Thursday. Today they took out the catheter and I walked around the ward. Hurts a lot to get in and out of bed but once I’m up it’s not too bad to walk or sit. Am worried about getting in and out of a regular bed at home vs the hospital bed with the handles and ability to lower and raise etc. Got an abdominal binder and that helps a lot.
Unread 05-04-2021, 03:53 AM

Hello!
I’m 46 and had my Da Vinci hysterectomy along with removal of my Fallopian tubes yesterday morning. I was very nervous in the hours leading up to the surgery, but felt much better after my gynecologist said a quick prayer for me. Thankfully all went well, and I was able to be discharged that afternoon, right before storms moved in.
I’m camping out on the living room sofa for now because the powder room toilet sits higher than the others in our home. I’m also wearing my binder which has really come in handy. I’ve been burping quite a bit so I’m wondering if my gas is escaping that way? 😅 I’m mainly tired and a bit sore and I set up reminders on my phone to make sure I take my meds when needed.
So happy to be on the other side of this now!
Unread 05-04-2021, 08:35 AM

Welcome!!!! I'm so glad you're here and posting!

You’re out of surgery. Now, the work of recovery begins! You often have a false sense of energy and absence of pain in these initial days with anesthesia and hospital meds...GO SLOW! And do not try to do kegels until you are well healed!

We cannot emphasize enough how the healing and recovery process is different for everyone. While there are Progress Checkpoints, they must only be used as a guide. Initial recovery is between 2 to 8 weeks, but full recovery may take up to one year.

Our healing must be taken seriously and cannot be rushed, so please start off by being kind to yourselves and please accept help from your family and friends and co-workers! Retire your superwoman cape temporarily to allow yourself to focus on just YOU- a unique concept for many here who are so used to be independent and helping others.

There may significant things that you may feel both emotionally and physically...running the gamut from gas pains and bloating, sore throat, to emotional distress and panic. This site was a lifesaver for me so hopefully you will also come here for answers to questions as well as much needed emotional support.

Here is a video for for your 1&2 week: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/videoshow.php?vid=2.

Constipation is a big concern after major surgery, and even more so after hysterectomy, as we have swelling & stitches down below... which means we don’t want to push or strain. Eat high fiber foods (pears, almonds, peas, bran, prune juice), drink lots of water, walk as you feel able, and take stool softeners. Be careful to only push very gently. If nothing is “happening”, get up and walk around the house for a few minutes, then try again.
Avoiding Constipation https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_454121.htm
5 Ways to Speed up Sluggish Bowels https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_571227.htm

Gas pain can be horrible! For many it settled in their shoulders and for a few days it was their chief complaint. Some sisters find relief by wetting a hand towel and microwaving it so it's warm (but not hot) and then placing it where you are feeling the most discomfort from gas. The moist heat may help to draw the gas out. Another idea is using a moist heating pad (which can be bought at most drugstores). For intestinal gas: peppermint or ginger tea, rare Gas X and walking can be the best ways to get relief.

CO2 Gas Relief After Laparoscopic Hysterectomy https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_450077.htm
Gas, Gas, Gas After Hysterectomy https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_96643.htm
Do This – Not That: Gas & Constipation https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_607698.htm

You are in the earliest-of-early stages, Sisters. Lots of TLC for you!

Unread 05-04-2021, 12:34 PM

I hope you all find good rest and comfort today.

Unread 05-04-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryV View Post

I hope you all find good rest and comfort today.

Thank you for the posts above. I’ve been cat napping, and walking a bit around the house today. I’ve set up a “base camp” downstairs with my recliner and sofa since coming home yesterday. Not sure if I’m ready to go upstairs to my bed yet since it sits high. I’ll be playing it by ear.
Unread 05-05-2021, 01:41 PM

Doing alright so far over here. I was awakened last night by gas pains and glute toots. I drank some warm ginger tea and walked around for a bit before I was finally able to relieve myself in the bathroom! Thankfully the stool softener I was taking since coming home from the hospital worked!
This afternoon my sons helped me get situated in my bedroom upstairs and after walking around a bit more, I am going to rest. I purchased a grabber tool that has REALLY come in handy. I can’t believe how many times I’ve dropped something!🤪
Unread 05-05-2021, 03:28 PM

Hello!! I'm 46 and had a PAH on May 3 for a fast-growing14cm fibroid and two smaller ones that were causing pelvic pressure. I got home this afternoon (May 5) after staying an extra day to make sure I could pass gas. At first the pain level was 6/10, once I was free to get up, each time I walked a little, it got better. I did a few laps around the hospital floor and it got easier every time. By this morning it was only 1 of 10 due to the gas! I had no problem getting up the stairs at home. I've doing fine on tylenol and motrin. I thought there would be sharp pain, but it felt like strong cramps.

I saw a pic of the uterus - HUGE!

I hope everyone who had surgery is doing well. Thanks again to the sisters here for the support.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register