15 Days to go... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15 Days to go... 15 Days to go...

Unread 02-03-2004, 08:19 AM
15 Days to go...

Hi all. I'm still pretty new at this whole thing. I am having a TAH on the 18th. My pre-op is on the 11th. I am on day 5 of my last period and it's a horrible one. I have an energy level that is compareable to a wet paper bag. I am so tired and dragged down that I don't even have the energy to get dressed anymore. The pain is just so intense and with a large family (7) there is just so much to do. My husband works 12 hour shifts and there's only so much he can do and I just feel so down all the time. Like no one understands what I am going through. I am starting to feel very scared..actually, terrified is a better word. I don't have any any idea as to what I am to expect. All I know is I am having a major surgery and will be in hospital for 4 days. I know I have to get this done if I want to have any chance of a normal life again. For the past year things have been getting worse every month and the last couple of months it's been crazy. I can't walk for very long at all. An hour in the grocery store puts me on the couch for a good day. My period shows no signs of letting up, sorry to be so gross, but I'm on the toilet for hours at a time passing clots as big as my fist. I do get to buy a new robe and slippers this week for my time in the hospital. I am worried about how I will manage when I come home. Every one I know works full time, so as far as any help at home, I'm clueless as to what I am to do. I haven't slept more than 3 hours in a night for the last 6 months from the stress of it all. Any words of advice or comfort would be greatly appreciated. I am so glad I found this site. You are very wonderful women.
Vicky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Pre Op and in need of some pals.

hi, I know how your feeling as i have a long wait till 5 April and i,m not sleeping to well now but every body i talk to say,s it,s the best thing they have done. my husband,s in for a shock as he,s going to do a lot around the house. I,m feeling tired all the time. and i feel 60 some day,s but we have end of the tunnel ahead. Keep in contact and we can sell through this. Noddy.......
Unread 02-03-2004, 12:11 PM
15 Days to go...

Hello, Ladies. I know how you are feeling. I was a frazzled mess, especially the day before. I'm a PA and actually helped perform these surgeries but I was still SO SCARED.

ADVICE:

Make sure this is what you want 'cause there's no going back and retrieving your parts.

If you have husband and kids, somebody is old enough to do something--My 5 year old has decided that he really can help unload the dishwasher, my older kids can cook their own lunch or just open a can, My husband is not going to die helping out either--you will need the help so decide what chores can wait (months if necessary) and what is within the capabilites of others

Ask, ask, ask a lot of questions from everyone who might know. Don't read horror stories--they are not the most common outcomes and you'll drive yourself nuts worrying. If you have already read about them or your doctor has told you the possible problems, ask him how to recognize them and when to call.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register