No evil bowel prep! YEAH!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No evil bowel prep! YEAH!!! No evil bowel prep! YEAH!!!

Unread 09-10-2004, 06:33 PM
No evil bowel prep! YEAH!!!

Hey Sisters,
I am pleased to report that I had my pre-op yesterday and recieved great news on multiple fronts. These include:

As stated above NO BOWEL PREP!!! When my doctor said this I wanted to get up and kiss her!!

My ovaries look healthy, so it looks like I will be able to keep them (except if they look funky once she gets in).

She was quite understanding about having to deal with my pushy and overdemanding mother (who has said that she would "get in that doctor's face" if any little thing is not to her liking).

The hospital I am in is a teaching hospital, so I get 4 doctors assigned to me, so that a doctor will be available 24/7 if I need anything.

The hospital has a special floor for GYN surgeries with speciallly trained GYN nurses.

I am so excited!!! I feel like a great weight has been lifted of of my shoulders. Now all I need to do is figure out how my DH and me will pay for all of this (we have to cover a $350 copay plus 10%) and how I will deal with my crazy mother through all of this. But at least I know my medical needs will be well met.

I hope all of you have as positive of a pre-op as I had. Good luck and much love to you all!

Cheers,
Angela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2004, 07:03 PM

I just wanted to tell you that I am glad that things are going so well for you. Also, I am a little envious that you dont have to do the dreaded bowel prep,LOL........because I did. I dreaded that more than the actual surgery! Im glad to know that you feel secure about things, that is so important. Best wishes to you!
Unread 09-10-2004, 07:04 PM

Hi Angela,

Congrad's on the great pre-op. I too got my reprieve from a bowel prep today Yeah! I had to pay a copay of $500 today before she would do the sugery and then we will be responsible for 20% after that....sheesh, I'm not even done paying from when I was in the hospital in January. I'm trying not to focus on the financial part of it though, trying to focus on the heathier me after. One day at a time, and I will leave the bills in the hands of God...He's able to work better miracles than we can. I'm glad that your excited about your surgery and the weight being lifted off your shoulders. God Bless!

Hugs,

Mich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2004, 09:06 PM

Hi Angela-
I'm very glad all went well for you. You're almost there! When left up to God, everything happens as it should. I'm glad that you're feeling more at ease with this, also. You'll be in my prayers.. Keep me posted.

Blessings-
Amber
Unread 09-10-2004, 09:20 PM

Angela,
That is great news. I am envious of your hospital situation. I am going to a very good hospital, but I have heard that sometimes a shortage of nurses can be a problem. I am trusting God to take care of it and am definitely planning on bringing the chocolates as thankyous for all those who are there to care for me. It can't hurt.

Blessings, Rita
Unread 09-10-2004, 09:23 PM

Angela -

Great on not having to have a bowel prep. My LAVH is a day after yours, but my preop isn't until 9/17 - both at the hospital and at the doctor's office.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask this, but you mention that you're going into a teaching hospital. By chance are you going to one of the Legacy hospitals? (yup, I'm in Portland too - well, actually that area just east of Portland). I will be in a Legacy hospital here.

Don't forget the candy dish for all those residents!!

Good luck -

Mandie
Unread 09-10-2004, 09:24 PM

Hmmmm....I need to remember that also...a nice basket filled with little thank you's...maybe those chocolate minatures.

Thanks for the hint..

Much love sisters,

Mich
Unread 09-10-2004, 10:29 PM

Congrats on not having to do the bowel prep. You are so lucky. I am not looking forward to this.

I have the barium enema on Tues. So. I do one on Mon night then the barium enema. I am petrified! Then I'll have another bowel prep B4 my hysto. My doc said anyone having abdo surgery should do a prep to be safe. I am also having to see a urologist. This is getting too much for me!!!

Good Luck!!!

Maria
Unread 09-10-2004, 11:19 PM
Thank you goddess women!!!!!

Thank you so much for the support, encouragement, and prayers, Sisters! I send the same back to you! I am so sorry that you have (or had) to experience the bowel prep.

And oh my goodness Maria, having to do the barium enema thing too!! That should be designated as a federal crime.

Precious Pearl, make sure you have someone with you to advocate so you don't get lost in the shuffle of the nursing shortage. You deserve the best care possible!

Thanks also for the candy reminder. I need all the hints I can get.

Best to all!
Angela
Unread 09-11-2004, 05:13 PM

That is one thing I am unsure of............my pre-op visit isn't until the 24th with my doctor and on the 27th I got get my pre-op labs. I have heard some docs make you do the bowel prep and others don't. I am hoping mine doesn't. <fingers crossed>

Another thing I am really scared about is that after the surgery I have been told I will have a catheter for a day or so. That scares the crap out of me! I have NEVER had one and I sure don't want one now. So does anyone know if they really hurt? Or am I overreacting?! Just the idea of having something like that just gives me chills and turns me into a big chicken. :run3:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register