Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today May 13, 2018 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today May 13, 2018 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today May 13, 2018

Unread 05-13-2018, 05:03 PM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today May 13, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeYOU View Post
Thank you for those tips. I've been trying to get a recliner out of this deal, but so far, no takers. I may just have to go tomorrow and get my own. Oh wait, bowel prep tomorrow. I guess I'm staying home.
. Since you don't have a recliner, you can try propping pillows on your sofa to help you lean back and take pressure off the pelvic area. You might also want to try sitting on one side and then the other.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2018, 05:47 PM

Hi everyone- Ive got my Davinci total hysterectomy scheduled tomorrow at 11:30am. Super nervous about, well, basically all of it. Giant fibroids (not sure the size but my uterus is as large as a 14 week pregnancy) have to come out so I can start taking tamoxifen for Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia.

Scared the fibroids are cancerous. Scared about the anesthesia. Scared there will be an earthquake while the surgeons are in there (were in the SF Bay Area so this isn't totally unfounded). Scared the endometriosis will have caused adhesions that will affect the viability of my ovaries.

Sending everyone big hugs and lots of luck for your upcoming procedures!!!!
Unread 05-13-2018, 06:22 PM

So my next question is. What is the recovery time for a TAH. When will I feel like myself again? I really don’t want to take much time off work. After the first 2 weeks it will be unpaid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2018, 06:30 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today May 13, 2018

Hello ladies! I will be having laproscopic full hysterectomy leaving my ovaries on Friday May 18th as well as excision of any Endo found. Pre op ultrasound showed a cyst on one of my ovaries so it will be checked as well and taken care of if needed. I chose this because of troubles caused by my adenomyosis. I am a little nervous but ready to find some relief in this.
Unread 05-13-2018, 06:41 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today May 13, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by monami View Post
(((desertrosie)))

So glad to hear you've bee keeping those nerves at bay, especially since they usually try to ramp up as our dates approach. I'm also glad to hear you're seeing a gyn/onc, as we do recommend them (if possible) when gyn cancer is diagnosed or suspected. Speaking of which, for anything related to your diagnosis, we do have a Cancer Concern forum you're welcome to check out as well. There's lots of great information and experienced ladies to share the journey.

I know this is all very scary, but you absolutely can do this. Sending hugs and positive thoughts to you and everyone having procedures this week.
Thanks. I’ll check it out — later.

I live in a semi rural area and there is one (1) gyn/onc in 600 miles. The good news is that I knew the minute I met her that she is the doctor I need right now. Unfortunately, no one in the area does minimally invasive surgeries for cancer patients.

I am anxious by nature. But oddly calm about my diagnosis.

Thanks again.
Unread 05-13-2018, 06:47 PM

Hi there, Wednesday is the big day! I am Laura 46 I’ll be 47 in2 weeks. I am planning to have TVH unless they run into problems. I am losing my ovaries. I am ok with it. I would rather have them both out instead of going back in. They are both unhealthy. I had a blood clot last spring so I have hospital anxiety. I am glad I’m finally just getting things done. I’ve had female surgery before and a prior c section so it’s not my first rodeo unfortunately.
Unread 05-13-2018, 07:04 PM

Hi Llparsons. I’m not an expert in this stuff, but I am self-employed so when I don’t work, I don’t get paid. And I still have to pay the office rent. It is a very real concern.

Your doctor should be a resource for a return to work timeline, though everyone’s recovery is different. That said, you might check with your HR department about the possibility of qualifying for temporary disability if you need more recovery time.

Wishing you all the best.
Unread 05-13-2018, 07:31 PM

My lap hyster is tomorrow at 730. I'm having it done because of fibroids. I have a lot of pressure/pain and heavy periods, short but heavy and becoming irregular. I'm at peace with it. Once in awhile I ask myself if I really need this done, I think it is natural to second guess yourself or if it's at a time when I'm not feeling any pain. Yesterday I totally cleaned my whole house, and boy I felt it last night! Still sore today. I think this is telling me yes I do need this. Why feel like this while waiting for it to get worse. Simple things will set it off..walking the dog, vacuuming, standing a lot (for my job).

I hope all you Sisters are doing ok, both emotionally and physically.

Life is to short...we need to enjoy it while we can.
Unread 05-13-2018, 07:51 PM

Hello everyone! I am having a total laparoscopic hysterectomy with possible BSO. My surgeon is wanting to wait to see what my ovaries look like before she decides if I will keep them or not. I do have cysts on my left ovary. I am 41 years old and have had heavy periods, pain throughout the month, bleeding throughout the month, hurts to have sex, diarrhea, and I have an enlarged uterus. My surgeon says I have endometriosis and adenomyosis. She said it will be laparoscopic when I go in but depending if my uterus has grown it might be open. I have a family hx with my mother having a hysterectomy at 35 due to her ovarian tumor that was benign along with her mother going through the same thing. I was tested for cancer with endometrial biopsy and that came back negative. Oh and my surgery is scheduled for Wednesday at 1230 pm with my preop appt on Tuesday. Good luck to everyone!! I am trying to not think about it as I have bad anxiety so I am trying to remain calm. My last day of work is tomorrow until I am better. I will not get paid when I am off of work so that has me stressed. I hope everyone is doing good!!!
Unread 05-13-2018, 08:09 PM

again sweet Sisters,

So the question of when you will be ready to return to work depends on so many things. First the type of surgery and extent of trauma caused by what needed to be done. Then what type of healer and how healthy you are. The type of work you do also makes a difference as to when you are ready to return to it. We are all so different. We suggest 4-8 week (some take 12) for initial healing then it could be a year to totally heal for heavy lifting and strenuous things. The suggestion to talk to Dr about return to work is a good one. They will have the best information to answer this question. Fatigue can also be an issue. Many of us take a while to get our bounce back. This recovery really does take patience and listening to your body.

I hope to see many of your on the Recovery Progress Report thread for this week. We will be able to help each other through this challenging time.

Hugs,
Anndy
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register