Thanksgiving Eve | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thanksgiving Eve Thanksgiving Eve

Unread 11-25-2020, 08:59 AM
Thanksgiving Eve

Hi girls! I am here in FL. Arrived a little over a week ago. Have been busy visiting with the grandbabies and visiting family members. Spent the weekend at my mom's; she, my sister, and I did a bit of CHRISTmas shopping on Saturday. Not too crowded yet, but most stores had social distancing in place along with maintaining below occupancy levels. Got most of it done for the grandbabies.

Made brunch for my Grandmother's 91st birthday on Monday. Had a whole 30 breakfast casserole. My aunt did request my apple cake for Gramm so I did veer off the diet a little as it is way too hard to resist especially using fresh apples from an orchard near the house.

I have a couple whole30 Thanksgiving recipes (one with sweet potatoes & sausage and the other is a cranberry sauce using dates instead of sugar) I'm making for dinner tomorrow. I will do my best to stay on the diet.

I may have to extend my trip home a little as one of the grandbabies' classes has been quarantined as a precaution because one of the students may have Covid.

Greyown - so sad to hear about your dog but glad you have an answer now as to what's wrong. Praying the meds begin working and he feels better real soon.

Kim - Praying you're feeling better and are able to be up and about to cook your holiday dinner. Your Ex-hubby's girl friend is probably a little unsure of what your relationship is and still feeling the situation out. She may be intimidated by the friendship you two share. It is not typical after a divorce. Maybe she will get more comfortable as time goes on.

Desk - Praying for everyone in your mom's facility. So scary for you and them. It sounds like things might be settling down with the companions a bit. I'm glad for you. It's so kind of you to help your neighbor. It is hard sometimes in those situations having to balance out the help with boundaries. You handled it beautifully by directing him to where he can get his needs met and still be safe.

Hi Rita & Cussette! How are things going? Weather? School? Family? Hope you and your family are safe.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2020, 02:21 PM
Re: Thanksgiving Eve

Gang,

Thanksgiving Eve! Still not sure what tomorrow will bring for me. I am planning on doing my usual Thanksgiving feast. I just hope I do not get weepy. I made the dressing for the turkey, about all the prep I need to do. The rest will wait for tomorrow. Need to keep busy.

Foot is getting a little better. Will take some time to totally heal. Bruise on my face is getting lighter. Had a fiasco at the acupuncturist today. I ended up leaving as it made me mad that I had an 11am appointment, she did not show up until 11:30am and went into another room first. I picked up some herbs and stuff for my foot and left. My goodness, the liquid for the foot is like liquid gold. I put it on as soon as I got home and the pain was gone.

heavensangel, I am not sure what shopping I am going to do. I think I will probably just buy for the exe's Mom.

Still waiting on my car to be fixed. More drama with that. The other insurance company finally extended the rental, but only until tomorrow. Well.... nothing is going to be done on Thanksgiving. Well... Progressive just called me apologizing for all the delays. Very nice. Still don't have my car back, but was impressed that they called me to discuss the issues.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Unread 11-25-2020, 06:13 PM

Heavensangel, glad you are with family. Here, that just isn’t safe so we make do. Glad your diet seems ok, I guess no matter what type it’s hard to stay on 100%.

Kim, hope the car gets sorted out soon, what a mess. The acupuncturist should have at least explained why that delay, maybe there was some unknown reason she could have relayed at least. I do hope you have an enjoyable dinner tomorrow. I’m hoping mine goes ok too, with all the precautions and everyone separate.

I do think the steroids are helping my dog, he is markedly better today. It’s a week to our appointment so I hope it keeps up. Hopithe dogs tolerate my absence tomorrow for a couple hours. What a fiasco. I’m getting tired of sleeping on the narrow couch for sure. Wish the sofabed was there instead. Oh well it’s temporary, right? I did turn up the heat in the living room at least to make it more comfortable. I didn’t eat salad today so hope it stays good.
Desk, hope your neighbor is better now and can weather the holiday. Thinking of you and your family.
Rita, are you able to be with family? So hard to plan this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2020, 08:09 PM

Happy T'giving Eve to all! Our tuna sandwiches are all prepared and ready for tomorrow We have a few leftovers in the freezer, some broth for future soup, and a little bit of turkey. But tuna for tomorrow, with a bit of potato salad, or chips. I did NOT eat my green salad today, which is disappointing, and I will be unhappy if it rots before I even make a dent in it.

Kim, so sorry about the acupuncture fiasco. That is so disappointing, especially when you already have a good relationship and you have faith in her. I hope the stuff for your foot works well! And bummer on the car situation but thankful that the insurance company is staying on top of things. I also hope your tomorrow is not too weepy, but it is certainly understandable if the tears come. We are lucky to have had happy memories of holidays, and it's always sad when things change. I can't even begin to go there with my mother, so I'm just as happy that we have phased out Thanksgiving excitement in our house. I have my family memories, and tried to remind Mom about some of them but they are all gone for her. Life is certainly full of ups and downs, joys and losses. We do what we can.

Greyown, I do hope the steroids continue to help. And I especially hope that tomorrow goes well for everyone, including the dogs. You will feel better soon. We just have to get through one day at a time, right?

Heavensangel, so most of your family is in FL then? How nice to be able to be in touch and share some meals, one way or another. Happy birthday to your grandmother! How are you liking the Whole 30 plan? And how is your mouth doing? Of course you may not know if it's improving by Florida or by your diet yet, but good luck!

Hi Rita, hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving and you can have some happy family time!

One thing new in life here, I am checking into a possible dog. Hubby is not thrilled with the idea since it's a nipper, but that's a herding dog thing. We don't have any children to worry about so maybe it wouldn't be an issue for us. But we must meet him, and see what he thinks of us, and see how he interacts with us. Hubby points out that while we had a previous Aussie who bit a child (completely the child's fault), our dog trainer has passed away and our plastic surgeon has retired, so he is afraid to take on a possible biter. I understand that but I think we should at least meet the dog and see what's going on. He is just a few miles away from us. I just have to check him out.

Hope you all have a safe holiday!
Unread 11-25-2020, 08:28 PM

Desk, really have to know more about the nipping or is it actual biting. Circumstances etc, as you know, but it is something to ponder. I think this dogs days are numbered and I dread the quest for another while I have the one with severe separation anxiety. So many difficulties lately. So I understand choosing a dog is a challenge. Eventually the right dog will come.
Unread 11-25-2020, 08:57 PM

Greyown, this one sounds like nipping as skin has not been broken. But it's scary with children, for sure. I want to think it's just herding tendencies and the kids are too small for his size, but I don't know. I don't even know if I should get a dog, but it seems that I could use some stress relief. How do we know if we are getting a stressless dog or taking on some new problems? Nothing is easy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register