Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 19-Oct 25,2020 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 19-Oct 25,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 19-Oct 25,2020

Unread 11-25-2020, 10:18 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 19-Oct 25,2020

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm officially at week 5 post hysterectomy. Feeling good in the morning and usually have to rest all afternoon and evening. Some mild menopause symptoms (ovaries were removed) of hot flashes and anxiety, going to try going with something herbal to help. Otherwise, slowly getting back into doing housework. Laundry and using the dishwasher, no vacuuming or sweeping yet. No lifting either, still have help with garbage. Finally feeling like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2020, 04:40 PM

So, I just got a call that my post op appt is going to be by telephone due to Covid number increase. I am frustrated. How do I know if everything looks good internally? I have so many questions too and in person seems like a way better way to communicate. I still have sore sore skin about 3 inches down from my belly button and the tugging where my ovaries use to be is still there. Maybe this is normal? I don’t know, I am not a doctor. I just feel so very unimportant - such a big surgery for me and I feel like a human specimen, a body, a piece of anatomy, not a person. Surprised this has rocked me so much but was looking forward to clearance from the doctor, and a good conversation about the operation and my pathology report. I wanted to hear about hormone treatment and what is or is not a risk. I wanted to know if I should be taking another 2 weeks off based on my work. I guess it is all up to me. I get more from this site than my doctor. Thank you for that and please know I just needed a place to vent. I am sure she will answer my questions - but just missing the human touch.
Unread 11-25-2020, 04:44 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 19-Oct 25,2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryV View Post
Good morning!

How is everyone today? To the Americans, Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Feeling good and stronger. Walking into week 6. Have a great holiday.
Unread 11-26-2020, 08:18 AM

Have a wonderful day, warriors!
Unread 11-26-2020, 03:05 PM

Happy thanksgiving to everyone

Anyone else having extremely dry skin AND acne all over body since surgery?

I have / had PMDD, so I can’t / won’t use HRT. Hormones are not my friend.

I am already doing the following:
Short showers in tepid water. Only showering every few days
Using Aveenio sensitive body wash & Clinique face bar
I put use Nurturginia FPS 60 sunscreen daily on my face
Washing clothing etc in Tide zero ( I think that’s the name)
I have very sensitive skin so need very low fragrance options

I have never needed to use body lotion in my life. With the exception of sunscreen bc I have very light skin tone.

Any suggestions of skin care products or dry itchy skin I would appreciate. As I an unable to go out shopping due to chronic illness and being susceptible to picking up illness
Unread 11-26-2020, 04:08 PM

Happy Thanksgiving. I too have had very dry skin since my surgery 11/21.I have been using coconut oil and found it better than any creams I tried. I hope you find some relief and wish you well with your recovery.The support here is wonderful.
Unread 11-27-2020, 12:06 AM

Thanks so much I will try that.
Unread 11-27-2020, 06:06 PM

My surgery was 10/22, so I am 5 weeks, one day post op. Not sure the cause, but I have been vomiting today. Unfortunately, it’s been pretty traumatic.

Wondering if I’m healed up enough by now or do I need to worry about internal injury from how forceful it has been?
Unread 11-28-2020, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarber View Post
Hi everyone. Well I have not read so many novels in my life and have enjoyed that part. It is the only way to keep my brain still enough so my body stays still. I can tell that my time off is coming to an end as people in my life are starting to reach out to me. 3 of my staff came by on Thursday night and I finally had to ask them to leave at 10pm as I was exhausted and sore. The next day I felt like a zombie. I see the doctor on December 2nd (hysterectomy was oct 20 and a tAH with everything out) for a follow up and to get clearance to return to work. However, I am nervous and struggling. I still can’t sit in certain chairs for too long as it hurts my incision and there is still one place that has not sealed quite right. I am worried about returning and being absolutely drained as well. I am worried that when the students see me that they will run at me Mach 9 to give me big hugs and hurt me. I am also worried about dealing with disregulated students who might need to be held for their own safety. I am still experiencing aches inside as well. And yet, my brain says get back to work and tough it out - you will continue to heal when working. A very inner battle. There is also the daily stress of seeing our corona 19 numbers shoot up across the province and putting myself in contact with hundreds of families and the germs the kids bring with them to school each day. I guess after this week I will see what the surgeon says - I just thought I would share my current inner battle.
You are not the only one sruggling with an inner battle. I am a nurse and there is no light duty with nursing. I still have some dull and intermittant stabbing pains. I worry that I will tear something at work. I see my doctor December 1st. You're not alone.
Unread 11-28-2020, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclaymore View Post
So sex. I was feeling so great! Walking no pain etc. Sooo I had sex. And felt like I was back in the recovery room after surgery. I can barely walk now from the pain and I'm completely shocked. It's almost the 5 week mark and I've had other abdominal surgeries I definitely didn't wait this long. No bleeding, but swelling in the abdomen. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this.
Did you get permission to have sex? Most discharge orders say no intercourse until after 6 weeks and that is after your doctor checks to make sure you are healed enough. You may have irritated the incisions or rubbed scar tissue. Scar tissue always hurts. I haven't joined in the sex game yet. I see my doctor December 1st and I will probably not have intercourse the first time, just touching and exploring to see how my body reacts. Make sure to talk to your doctor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register