Need some opinions: PMDD - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Need some opinions: PMDD Need some opinions: PMDD

Unread 10-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Need some opinions: PMDD

Laura Catherine,
You sure got a lot of discussion s going. As a PMDD sufferer as well, I hope you've found some answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2007, 10:38 AM

To everyone who's posted previously re: PMDD,
I, too have struggled for quite awhile with PMDD. Luckily(doesn't that sound strange) with no physical symptoms, just emotional. Also "luckily" I have had so much support from my husband and 8year old boy who have both suffered through this as well. My friends and coworkers have been amazing. But somehow nothing comes close to how much support I've felt from just reading all of your posts. There really aren't a lot of us PMDDers out there- for me this is a combo PMDD/hysterectomy support site. Thanks!
As for myself, my PMDD was under control for 5 years with antidepressants but then my symptoms returned. After almost 2 years of unsuccessful drug cocktails, I saw a GYN who put me on Lupron along with HRT. That would have been for several years if it had worked (I'm 44), but because of the HRT, my symptoms returned. So now I'm seeing another GYN to talk about surgery. I am so ready for it, and am thankful for all your stories.
To Chevelle- all I have to say is WAY TO GO!
Almost over
Unread 10-19-2007, 11:36 AM

Since I just read all these posts at once, I hope it's OK to reply to everyone at once.
To Julie Br, my fellow Canadian. How inspiring to hear you had emotional and neurological symptoms just like mine, and are over 2 years symptom free. I can now picture myself in 2010 PMDD free! Your comment re: things flying out of your mouth (and hands) made me chuckle. When I was in a rage, I'd want to throw something that was close by like a pencil, then I'd think "that won't do enough damage- where's something heavier?".
[/b]To PMSer, re: your biggest fear of symptoms reappearing, all my doctors have told me that the only reason why my symptoms would return after having my ovaries out would be if I also have depression. I was so glad to hear you say you saw a doctor about long term Lupron combined with HRT. I was beginning to think my Dr. was the only one that has suggested that. I was due to be on that for years, but because of the HRT (specifically the progesterone), my symptoms returned after 5 months of being symptom free. I am now most likely going for surgery. Will be thinking of you on your 40th birthday! What a great day it will be!
To chda[b], Re: talking about your children. I have an 8 year old as well who knows way too much about PMS. But I am confidant that once this is over (and it's almost over!) our kids will only remember the positive times and how much we love them. By now you've had your surgery. It's the start of your new life! Looking forward to hearing how you are doing.
Thanks again everyone.
Almost over
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2007, 12:09 PM

Sorry, one last reply.
To garden 1313, You may want to look into someone who will prescribe long term (years) of Lupron combined with HRT. I don't think there are a lot of doctors that do that, but PMSer saw one, as well as that was my treatment of choice for my PMDD. However, I was unable to stay on that regimen because of recurrent symptoms from the HRT, but it works for some. Hope you get some answers.
Unread 10-19-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost over
Since I just read all these posts at once, I hope it's OK to reply to everyone at once.
To Julie Br, my fellow Canadian. How inspiring to hear you had emotional and neurological symptoms just like mine, and are over 2 years symptom free. I can now picture myself in 2010 PMDD free! Your comment re: things flying out of your mouth (and hands) made me chuckle. When I was in a rage, I'd want to throw something that was close by like a pencil, then I'd think "that won't do enough damage- where's something heavier?". almost over
The point when I knew I needed help was just before Christmas one year. I realized we had put the lights on the tree upside down (with the plug at the top). I heaved the city-size yellow pages across the room and put a hole in the living room wall, but had dissolved in hysterical tears almost before it hit the wall.

I'm so glad this topic has been discussed so thoroughly here, and that people are seeing that they are not alone and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Unread 10-21-2007, 07:45 PM

Twinkle2- I hear you! Its like your life is taken over for a few wks. a month, no matter how hard you try to get a grip of it. I've been suffering from PMDD for 20 yrs. Have tried EVERYTHING - drugs, devices, etc. Lupron was a good short-term fix. I got 5 (yep - didn't make this decision lightly) opinions - all Drs. say that getting rid of the ovaries should help. You any closer to making a decision?
Unread 11-01-2007, 03:22 PM

Hey PMSer, Happy Birthday and more importantly, hope your surgery today was a success!
Unread 11-05-2007, 03:44 PM

Funny you should mention throwing things at Christmas...back in 1990...yes, I had PMDD even back then...my husband was getting ready to leave for the "Gulf War"...like he didn't have enough on his mind, right?...I got mad at him one day and threw the whole tree outside in my yard, lights and all...(I was in Germany at the time and they must have thought I was crazy)...it was about a week before Christmas. Then I felt bad that I was being a horrible wife and felt sorry that my husband had enough on his mind without me being crazy, so I dragged the tree back into the house and put it back up!
Unread 11-07-2007, 09:40 AM

I see this post was back in August, have you decided anything yey. I finally made a decision and my Dr said she would take it all out for me. I can't wait. I can't live like Jekel and Hyde and more. I so nice part of the month and a royal ***** the other part. I have tried to do research also and it is scary about the dementia and other problems but I think if you get a right balance with your hormones it will be alright. I'm going for it.
Sherri
Unread 11-07-2007, 09:43 AM

I see you just had your surgery, how are you feeling. I have a appt on the 15th of Nov and I'm going to schedule mine for early December. I am so tired of living with this and have tried everything without sucess and now surgery is my option. Are you glad you did it? Have you had any menopause symptoms yet.
SHerri
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register