Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 105 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Ladies,
I/We are really blessed to be feeling or at least starting to feel like our old selves. I know that we have a long road regardless of the type of surgery. Aside from a little vaginal itching, I am doing pretty good. I don't know if my remaining ovary has kicked in or is dead. I don't have or never had hot flashes.
Everyone's been pretty quiet about their gas and bowel problems. I can't complain myself. TMI: How is it for everyone else's bowels and gas. I havent used any MOM since day 3. But sometimes, the pain meds will stop me up if I take them regularly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 06:33 PM

It seems the only time i really get gas anymore is if i overdid it for the day. So with the gas comes swelly belly. Although i have been wearing my normal clothes for the past week. Of course they are shorts or dresses with elastic waist for alittle more give. Actually my bm's are better than before surgery. Now i can go everyday sometimes twice a day. Other wise i feel really good. But will still take it easy for another week. Then it is work time.
Unread 08-06-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiefej
Captain Crunch. We had our surgeries the same day. I have been recovering great but have had cramps this weekend and I wondered too if it might be that my body is used to having a period and that is why I had cramps. I kept my ovaries. Had an abd. hyst. and cervix removed.
My cramping has turned into full blown, can't breath, somebody kill me cramping followed by diarrhea. 2 days now, I am never eating at Chilis again.
Since I was still out of whack, my whole abdomen is so sore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 10:12 PM

I am glad that most of you are feeling more energetic...I feel like I have more energy one day and then the next I feel like I have been run over by a mack truck....maybe I am over doing it although I am not doing any more (it seems) than any of the rest of you... Maybe it is just the way that I am doing things...I have never been that good at the whole "I've reached my limit" thing...how do you know when you have done too much? As I am driving, doing dishes, laundry (a little pile at a time), or whatever I feel fine...and keep feeling fine till the next day...but then blahhh I feel drained and tired and sore...The whole crying thing has slowed down quite a bit. Also had one more question...I kept my overies but am having what I can only guess by other's descriptions as hot flashes...is that normal? I get really hot, but don't sweat...just hot...like I have a fever...but I don't and this lasts for 4-5 hours usualy and then I start sweating and then I feel better. Is that a hot flash?
Unread 08-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Some good days...not so much today

Hello Sisters,
Not so good today. The pain is back and the belly is more swelly than right after my surgery. I don't know what it is. I feel like I'm taking it easy only doing light chores. I'm back on the pain medication and don't have my check up until next week. It is funny, yesterday I felt good. I hope you all are doing better than me today.
Unread 08-06-2007, 11:40 PM

Belle,
Funny you mention that. I was researching ovaries earlier today. I have found out, just because we keep our ovaries doesn't mean they are functioning. I only have one and was wondering if it was functioning and tried to find some info. I don't have any hot flashes (but cold flashes) even more since the surgery. I do experience vaginal itching and dryness and was wondering even if i kept my cervix, was my existing ovary working. It is not like I will get a period to know. But wow, I know that I was ovulating right before surgery because I was bleeding. I think that all our bodies are in temporary shock.
Sister 83,
I feel good one day maybe 2, then some days I just feel drained. No real pain, just plain old TIRED like days 2, 3 & 4 after surgery. I don't know how people stay on there feet all day after these surgeries and I had one of the easy ones (LSH) I work in the even on my feet 2 nights a week and can't imagine going back next week.
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:27 AM

hi,

coming into 4th week after surgery... and i am feeling better... however... i still have pain deep down, and it hurts to go to the bathroom... yesterday, i saw light pink, not sure where it was from, whether it was in my urine, or what... heard some talk of when stitches come out of 'v', it can be like spotting? i dunno.. dr said i wouldnt notice...

but, now i am thinking i actually have UTI... and will be going to the dr tomorrow to get checked.
pain was pretty bad today. but no blood.... i wonder if i have had this the whole time in the past 3 weeks, since surgery... but, with all the other pain, how would i know?

my surgeon is actually not in the city i live in, so i guess i could call my family dr here, or go to a walk in clinic... might call my surgeon too, ...

thing is, my hubby is at work all day, so i cant get anywhere til after... unless a friend drives me.

Funny, how part of me, just wants to keep relaxing like i have been... hehe... and i dont want to get back into having to do housework, and going back to teach in the fall, etc... lol.
lazy? hah

already working on preparing to start a girls choir in the fall,at least that shows my hubby i am doing something besides playing games on the puter... lol...
Unread 08-07-2007, 02:07 AM

Good morning Ladies

Hard to believe it was four weeks ago today!! Time has flown by and I expected to be bored..no way!

Had a great day yesterday and at times totally forgot I was still recovering and then bang paying for it today. Nothing drastic just really know did too much. Swelly is up and looking very swell...certainly no normal clothes for me yet.

I have my friends coming to take me to lunch today, but will have to say that I can't wander the mall. Too much and the pain I know will get worse again if I do that.

Won't cook again tonight either, take out seems a good option.

I am getting tearful about work as well and just dread going back. Is 6 weeks the right time?

Does anyone else feel that its too soon, or am I being a wuss and being pathetic?

to everyone.
Unread 08-07-2007, 06:12 AM

Hi Belle,
You sound like me. I never know when I've reached my limit until 8:30 in the evening or the next day. I get really tired, I can't seem to get anything done, and I'm just pooped! I don't even do that much -- a little laundry, dishes, read, take a short walk, etc... who would have thunk this would happen a month ago!
As far as those hot flashes, I too have my ovaries. Before my TAH I was taking loestrin to control bleeding. WHen I stopped I would wake up soaking wet. That, thank goodness, stopped after a week. I do get regular hot flashes where I feel this intense heat starting from my chest/back area and then BAM! The hot intense feeling fills my entire body. However, this only lasts for a minute or so with me.
Our poor bodies have gone through so much.

FYI to all the sisters who helped my yesterday. I think yesterday was the day I just reached my limit and was extremely overtired. I feel somewhat better today because I only got up once during the night.

Thanks everyone!
Moe
Unread 08-07-2007, 06:18 AM
Happy Tuesday everybody

Well, it's a new (hot humid dry as usual) day in Minneapolis and its environs. I'm off to work a couple of hours at my college. I am hoping to get a bunch more done like yesterday morning. I haven't walked yet. Last nite I did end up w/9 laps...............that's 9,000 steps...... I did it in sets of 3. We'll see today. It's not as cloudy and the dewpoint is 70, so it's like being down w/my FL sisters.

We will see how many doors I push/pull at my school today. I survived yesterday but when driving at 10 p.m. and going around curves my abdominal area could feel it. Knotty is how I describe it. I wonder if those are stitches or cramps or ???? I hate it. I feel like stuff is 'bulging' in there. It makes me nervous...probably a sign to slow it down.

At night I move around like nuts in bed trying to get comfortable.............and I want to stretch out on a rack if I could but don't want to pop anything inside. I do little stretches. I'd like to contort like a cat..........well, some day.

Today I'm actually wearing a regular pair of jeans. I am amazed. My swelly belly is going down a bit. It's very nice to 'feel'...........

Just wanted to wish you all a good Tuesday as you continue to heal. Off I go and I'll check back later. It was so odd to wake up and not find a single hystersisters email in the box! Means we are all moving on, definitely.

E.

TVH/CIN3/CIS/clean path report/55

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register