Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 93 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-03-2007, 05:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Gemini you are so much fun to read. How about:

'Cause I missed Chris

I'm really Admin. Note: Please do not override the website censor.
'Cause I missed Chris......

that's all i can come up with...............you fill in the rest of the ditty.

Have a good Friday..............I'm wearing maternity pants today to remind myself to SLOW IT DOWN. I have to drive into the hood and get granddaughter to daycare. W/that bridge gone the entire city of Mpls is in a MESS in my humble opinion. I tried every sneaky way I could around those streets where i was born and it ain't easy getting anywhere anymore. I'm sure everyone else is playing every inch of that bridge in their mind's eye, too. I sure did and do. Sigh. Anyway i put on those pants so that maybe it will remind others, too, that i had some major surgery and i can't just hop around like a bunny for everyone.

A GOOD FRIDAY TO YOU ALL............good luck thinking up your 20 words to win those tx. Those guys were in Mpls, too............just recently.

E/55/TVH/CIN3/CIS good path report
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 07:17 AM

Hi everyone,
Just reporting in, as I haven't been online for a couple of days. Ele - so sorry to hear about all your stress around the bridge collapse. When I was watching it on TV I thought about you but at the time couldn't remember exactly where you lived. So glad it turned out that your family is all safe.
I had my post op check up yesterday, the path report was good - no cancer, and my doctor said I was healing and doing great. She said no swimming until she sees me again in 3 months because she wants the "cuff" to heal well. I guess every doctor is different with their timing for things. Since she did such a good job with the surgery (all the surgery interns were so impressed with my beautiful incision!) and I'm feeling pretty good, I'm going to follow her advice totally. She did say it was okay for me to fold my sofa bed back up- hurray! I live in a studio apartment and sleep on a fold out sofa to save space so I pulled the bed out and rearranged the apartment for post op living before I left for the castle. Finally after 3+ weeks my living space is back to normal! I don't mind having only one room as long as it can look like a living room during the day and a bedroom at night. One can only be in one room at a time anyway! I've been feeling really good lately - just a little twinge now and then and a bit of swelly belly in the evenings. I did decline an invitation to go see a play Tuesday night because I wasn't sure I could sit through a 90 minutes show comfortably yet and lately I'm ready to be in bed by 9:30. So I got a raincheck (paincheck?) for the show and we're going next weekend. I'm getting out to the park every day for a walk and to enjoy nature and the summertime. Sometimes I have a little lunch or brunch at the cafe. I even did a little school work - a bit of scheduling for my classes in September (which I did while sitting in the park) so that is out of the way and not hanging over my head for the rest of the summer. For those of you who are losing their memories - yes, that is part of menopause. As my sister says - the "nouns" are the first to go and the last to come back. Just go with the flow - use "whatamacallit" and the "thingamagig" to replace the nouns and keep going. It does get better as you get used to the hormone levels. I was able to keep surgery at bay until I got through menopause. Before surgery, I used black cohosh (Remifemin) and soy (Revival) which did reduce the hot flashes for me but I haven't slept straight through the night for years! My doctor took me off of the herbals before surgery and yesterday said to go back on them until I see her again in 3 months when we'll talk HRT if I want to try that. Well, that's my update - I wish everyone a painfree day and good sleep at night.
Unread 08-03-2007, 08:30 AM

Great news for you Italybound! Take care. E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 12:28 PM

Hi everyone, just reading all your posts makes me smile, I do love this website!

I am waddling around looking 9 months pregnant, swelly belly taken a mind of its own this last week. I read in total disbelief and admiration those of you who have lost weight and into your normal clothes. I am still in elastic waist gypsy skirts - chic NOT!!!!! But hey this is Bahrain, its 52 deg!

I have decided it may be more elegant to veil totally than walk around like I look at the moment!! Ha ha!

I tried the mall today and got awful pain again, so I think I have come to the realisation that I am overdoing it and that is what is causing this raw pain.

The news and pics of the bridge have just reached us in Bahrain and its horrific, I had no idea of the enormity. I hope all your families and loved ones are safe.

Take care all of you, hugs xxxxxxx
Unread 08-03-2007, 04:29 PM

Dear SunnyBahrain,
Thank you for those well wishes, I'm sure everyone is praying for those families, I didn't know the news would make its way to you. Its amazing how close we all seem, and its nice how the internet brings us all together.
You take care of your self, I know most of the women on this site seem like wonder women, but move at your own pace and only do what your body tells you too.
I too had my surgery on the 10th and I have more good days now then bad, but every now and then my body tells me I just had surgery. I did not lose weight, or gain weight but my clothes do feel different on-swell belly thing hopefully it will go down soon.
Take care of your self
Diane
Unread 08-03-2007, 04:46 PM
am i crazy?

ok, i know he means well... and i know i have read several of your posts, and can relate...

i live with my hubby of almost 17 years, no children.... so this hyst, was not a first choice, but my life was, cause of cancer... so....

here i am at 3 weeks... post op. recovering well. itchy, sore incision area at times,... pains move daily, i had a sore left leg a day ago, but today it seems better...

we went for our daily walk, and went 3x as far, the last block i started hurting like a bad cramp on my left side but lower down... like i had last week... (which has not hurt since sunday)... so, i guess the extra block or two were too much?

anyways... i am trying NOT to over due things.. but i am also like, am i being TOO soft... like, should i being doing more... maybe some clean up in house..

the house is bad... he hasnt vacuumed... dog hair driving me nuts... our kitchen is waiting for the grout in the tile, cupboard doors arrived yesterday, but still cant move stuff out of the dining room where it is all stored, ... into the kitchn... our fridge is in the middle of the dining room ... just a mess everywhere, ... clutter, has no where to go.
so, if that isnt frustrating... and then

hubby said today, that i need to push myself more... !! like, suggested i drive to the grocery store to get the groceries... when it is a stick shift... and i dont feel ready to do that... not to mention, carrying heavy stuff from the store!...

i KNOW he is tired, working fulltime, working on the house, taking care of me... but, i think he is seeing my lying around in bed, on the puter as me being lazy... and says i need to start doing more stuff...
AND... it still hurts to laugh ... sneeze, whatever... but, he denies it hurts me... and also says i need to pray more so the pain will stop... so.. i guess, if i dont pray enough, its MY fault if i am in pain?

sorry, vent over.. but, yeah... i still have troubles sleeping at nite... waking up constantly. not so many hot flashes since i started premarin, but, still some i think, i dunno, cold hot cold hot at nite, and i wake up achy every hour it seems...
is this normal?
Unread 08-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Im to scared...to try anything!!!

Where do you all get the courage to try all these things? ie: mall, shopping, walking etc. I feel great but I have been told repeatly to just take it easy and let every thing just heal. How do you really know if you are ready and if you are not regretting after the fact? Am I just a chicken or what??? Is it because we have all had different things done? Continued healing to each and everyone.
Unread 08-03-2007, 05:02 PM

Hi Boss Lady, I'm a chicken too. In fact, i posted about this a few days ago. I havent done much of anything. I start work next Friday and that will be at 4.5 weeks. I hope I'm ready.
Unread 08-03-2007, 05:22 PM

Zafirah you are not crazy. I would recommend this: if you have any written materials given at discharge and/or books/materials about hysterectomy and the recovery.......show it to DH. If you've already done that, show it AGAIN to remind him that you need time to heal. Depending on if you had TVH or TAH and if there was more taken out/repaired, it takes TIME and you are only 3 weeks post op and it can take 6+ to recover fully.

I usually (not today, sisters) walk 10,000 steps per day but I did it prior to surgery, too. I am not lifting. I am not cleaning. I am making sure I pay attention to those cramps. Today I tried to walk 'normal' which means FAST and I could feel it. My body said, 'stop it, E. Slow down.' But it was a little test I did for myself.

I might walk a little bit more tonight, but I'll only get in about 6,000 steps thru 6 laps today. That's just the way it is.

You are working full time to heal. Healing is a full time job, too!

If it hurts to laugh............have you had your post op check, yet? That is a time to get some info to show DH, too.

Good luck. Don't let him 'win' and have you overdoing it. E.

TVH/CIN3/CIS clean path report
Unread 08-03-2007, 05:23 PM

Hi everyone. Zafirah, I'm Canadian too...in Ottawa. Where are you? And what planet is your hubby from?
I've tried "pushing myself" and believe me, it doesn't work. Maybe you should get him to read the "checkpoints" page to get a better understanding of what you're able to do. Today was a good one for me. I went for 3 strolls -- all of them short (10 minutes) but pain seems under control today. I did some meal prep and a tiny bit of ironing too. I'm tempted to take a fourth walk but think I'd better call it a night.
Sleep well, sisters.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register