Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021

Unread 05-28-2021, 08:16 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jennmendez View Post
I will. I've been taking it for 3 day with no results. If nothing happens today I'll be contacting my doctor. Fingers crossed for both of us!
I emailed my doctor today and he suggested 30ml of MOM and ducolax suppositories. After 2 hours, I conquered the BM monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2021, 08:30 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyPearl View Post
The morning of the 26th, I awakened with major constipation and thought......THIS IS NOT WAY TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL.But..I did and had an explosive emptying in preop.

After the vein whisperer was able to put two IV's in me and antibiotics were started, I was taken to the OR where I wound up in this mega large operating room with tons of people. My goodness there were so many people. I managed to tell a corny joke and they all laughed and then they turned out my lights. I awakened in recovery and the anesthesiologist was there telling me all went well and that I would be alright but my throat hurt so bad I didn't believe him.It still hurts VERY BADLY.My doctor nixed the tap blocks.
LilyPearl … it’s so good to see you on this side. I’m glad you had someone who is good at starting IV’s … that got you of too a good start. I’m sorry you have a bad sore throat. Warm tea with honey is very soothing

Quote:
I AM SO SORE! My arms, my legs, my neck. My husband is having to sleep in a recliner next to mine because I cannot get out of it without his help.I have no idea what happened to my arms.

I peed fine, I walked slow, but my throat and the bloody phlegm I was coughing up made them keep me a few hours longer for respiratory therapy. .So I spent about 1.5 days in the hospital. I have eaten well and the gas pains hurt. Pretty miserable.The ride home hurt but the doctor changed her mind and allowed me to get into my husband's truck. …
I’m sorry you are so sore … much of it usually comes from the position were are in during surgery. Have you tried using a heating pad? Most heat is helpful for the gas pains … moistening a towel and putting it in the microwave works well. You could wrap a small one right around your neck.

Quote:
My back pain disappeared after surgery. I think my uterus had been causing me lots of problems.

The surgery took about 1.5 hours but I was in recovery for 5. I was apparently in a great deal of pain. But after that initial pain I really did not ask for much in pain control. I think they gave me 2 norco my entire stay outside of recovery. But I also took one after I got home. The ride and then my shower just sort of zapped me.
I’m glad your pain is controlled. Please don’t hesitate to take them if you need to … it’s important to be able to rest well.

Quote:
women's center was full and they overflowed me in the hospital to the Pediatrics floor. I fit in very well there. *laughing* Everyone that took care of me were wonderful.The food was also good as I was able to eat breakfast and lunch there.

I am in my recliner at home. I can't get in or out of it at the moment without help and I hope and pray that is very temporary.
Kudos to your husband for sleeping in his recliner so he can be right there for you.

I hope you will sleep well tonight dear.
Unread 05-29-2021, 08:42 AM

I just had the perfect bm. The soreness is less. My throat is getting better. My nose is healing. Yayyyyyyy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfranke View Post

LilyPearl … it’s so good to see you on this side. I’m glad you had someone who is good at starting IV’s … that got you of too a good start. I’m sorry you have a bad sore throat. Warm tea with honey is very soothing

I’m sorry you are so sore … much of it usually comes from the position were are in during surgery. Have you tried using a heating pad? Most heat is helpful for the gas pains … moistening a towel and putting it in the microwave works well. You could wrap a small one right around your neck.

I’m glad your pain is controlled. Please don’t hesitate to take them if you need to … it’s important to be able to rest well.

Kudos to your husband for sleeping in his recliner so he can be right there for you.

I hope you will sleep well tonight dear.
I would have never made it to this side without ppl like you.
Unread 05-29-2021, 11:01 AM

Had my first BM 5/28/2021 almost exactly 72hours from when I was alert from the anesthesia. Was so scared to push but thank goodness for the 2-3 colace stool softeners I have been taking since after my surgery on 5/25/2021. I was given oxycodone but have t taken it yet. Scared to take it because of how it may make me feel. Alternating between Tylenol 650mg and Advil 600mg every 3-4 hours seems to be helping. And thank goodness for a heating pad. It’s my new bestie. Helps with the tummy pains.

Is it normal to feel like having sex even when you are not supposed to a few days after surgery? Had a TH kept only ovaries. Boyfriend rubbed my feet and lower back and I felt ready but didn’t.

Also I’m an emotional mess. I start crying for no particular reason most times. Other times I start crying knowing my organs are gone and having an empty feeling. Any advice on how to control the emotions?
Unread 05-29-2021, 12:54 PM

Hey ladies!!

I finally had my first BM last night (surgery was 5/25) Im really struggling with lower back pain and hip pain. I really thought my stomach would be the most uncomfortable but my back and hips hurt so much more and it makes it hard to lay down/sit/walk when it’s in a bad flare.
Unread 05-29-2021, 01:56 PM

6 days post up. Bladder and lower pelvic pain not letting up. Some bladder spasms. Taking 1-2 oxy as well as ibuprofen 800 three times a day like I have done last couple days. I am so tired of fighting it. Feel terrible and exhausted. How soon will the pain subside? I want to feel better.
Unread 05-29-2021, 02:11 PM

I ate too much and am paying a hefty price. I had to take a pepcid, suck on ginger candy, drink ginger tea. OY VEY I am going back to clear liquids for a while.
Unread 05-29-2021, 04:52 PM

to those who have had their first BM. That is cause for celebratrion. Aren't you glad that you share the news with your fellow sisters who truly understand and will get excited with you!!!! I'll even do the happy dance if you promise not to laugh.

For those of you who are still waiting. . . don't get discouraged. Keep drinking, , walking, , taking stool softener, and eating fiber filled foods. Remember to be careful not to strain and force it to happen.

Unread 05-29-2021, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOsborne View Post
Hey ladies!!

I finally had my first BM last night (surgery was 5/25) Im really struggling with lower back pain and hip pain. I really thought my stomach would be the most uncomfortable but my back and hips hurt so much more and it makes it hard to lay down/sit/walk when it’s in a bad flare.
SOsborne … it is so good to meet you dear. on your BM dear … we are rejoicing with you. I am so sorry you are dealing with lower back and hip pain. It often comes from the position they put you in during surgery. Have you tried using a heating pad … that would be very soothing and may help alleviate your pain a bit. If you can take ibuprofen, it is good for inflammation. Try using lots and lots of pillows when you are lying down.

My thoughts and prayers are with you dear. Please keep us posted on how you are.

love to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register