Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 17-Aug 23,2020 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 17-Aug 23,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 17-Aug 23,2020

Unread 08-17-2020, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 17-Aug 23,2020

If your hysterectomy was between Aug 17-Aug 23,2020 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2020, 06:02 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 17-Aug 23,2020

to the other side and to your Recovery Thread. Your fears of facing surgery are all over and now you can concentrate on recovery. I am (((bkfranke))) and I will joining you during your initial recovery period. This is your place to keep us up to date on how you are, meet other sisters who are recovering along with you, and find answers to the many questions that will come.

I remember the questions I had after surgery. I was too nervous to post at first but I read my Recovery Thread every day. I soon realized no one would bite me, no question was a dumb question, this was my chance to be with others who were the same place I was AND this was the place to be encouraged.

Please, don’t be SHY – join us and let us know how you are and what your questions and concerns are. (bathroom issues, gas pains, swelly belly, insomnia ) You may not be able to ask them anywhere else but you can ask them here. We are here for you.

So sit back Princesses:
-- Get plenty of rest
-- No lifting, pushing, pulling, or bending
-- Drink lots (and pee lots)
-- Did I mention rest?
-- Walk a little each day (do not pass go; do not run, skip or dance )

Thank you so much for allowing me to join you on your journey.

Remember we are here for you. You are not alone.
Unread 08-19-2020, 04:24 AM

I posted once and it disappeared. So if this is a duplicate I apologize! I’m a newb. Until yesterday morning I was dealing with a rectocele, urethrocele, cycstocele, and uterine prolapse. After surgery was over I was told that basically everything was a little more opened up after repairs so she has to do some work on the outside to keep me closed up a bit. (unsure of correct term and googling it comes back with some awful stuff. Haha. ) There are also quite a bit more puncture wounds in my abdominal than what were initially discussed.

In good spirits, really, but I’m quite a bit of pain. I’m still in the hospital and doc is due around 6 am to check on me. I was prescribed 10mg Percocet, morphine, or toradol for pain relief. I’ve only tried the Percocet and Toradol . Percocet makes me sleepy and doesn’t last. I like the toradol but can only take it every 6 hours. It wears off after 3-4 hours. They are keeping a close eye on my bp because it keeps getting low. 90s/40s
I think my main complaint after the pain meds have kicked in is that I’m super gassy but I can’t pass much. They gave me some mylacon (like a little baby. Haha!) but it’s not helping much. Boy I sound like a Debbie downer. I really am alright. Just giving you all the dL and hopefully have this to keep for myself for reference. Sending all of you who are recovering and you ladies that are leading the way love and healing vibes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2020, 03:32 PM

Surgery on Monday, home yesterday, discovered this site today.
Swelling and wind my only issues at the moment and neither are bad.
Slept for 10 hours last night and haven't needed to nap today
Unread 08-19-2020, 06:19 PM

I posted on Tuesday but it disappeared. Today is a good day. I have really been having minimal pain. Managing pain with ibuprofen and a heating pad. My appetite is coming back slowly. I am staying hydrated. Walked more today. Really surprised how well everything is going.
Unread 08-19-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriokie View Post
I posted once and it disappeared. So if this is a duplicate I apologize! I’m a newb. Until yesterday morning I was dealing with a rectocele, urethrocele, cycstocele, and uterine prolapse. After surgery was over I was told that basically everything was a little more opened up after repairs so she has to do some work on the outside to keep me closed up a bit. (unsure of correct term and googling it comes back with some awful stuff. Haha. ) There are also quite a bit more puncture wounds in my abdominal than what were initially discussed.

In good spirits, really, but I’m quite a bit of pain. I’m still in the hospital and doc is due around 6 am to check on me. I was prescribed 10mg Percocet, morphine, or toradol for pain relief. I’ve only tried the Percocet and Toradol . Percocet makes me sleepy and doesn’t last. I like the toradol but can only take it every 6 hours. It wears off after 3-4 hours. They are keeping a close eye on my bp because it keeps getting low. 90s/40s
I think my main complaint after the pain meds have kicked in is that I’m super gassy but I can’t pass much. They gave me some mylacon (like a little baby. Haha!) but it’s not helping much. Boy I sound like a Debbie downer. I really am alright. Just giving you all the dL and hopefully have this to keep for myself for reference. Sending all of you who are recovering and you ladies that are leading the way love and healing vibes.
Carriokie ... it’s good too see you on this side. You are not being a downer dear ... you had lots of repair work done. My surgery was a dvTH/BSO plus enterocele and rectocele repairs, and my bladder was tacked up. There are several things that I found very helpful.

Personal wipes are more soothing than tissue

Peri bottle for personal cleansing

Ice packs . . . I wet pads and froze them.

Sitz bath ONLY if approved by your doctor.

Thin pillow or cushion but not a donut cushion. (They create more vaginal pressure)

I also found a recliner to be the most comfortable for sitting . . . you can lean back and ease the pressure.

Having a BM can make you very anxious. It is important for you to try to relax when the time comes and DON'T STRAIN. Be sure to drink lots and lots, walk around every hour or so, and take your stool softener. Eating fiber rich foods is helpful . . . bran works wonders. Try propping up your feet on a short stool . . . this is known as the Squatty Potty position. I know it sounds "odd" but it changes the angle and helps everything to move better on its own.

I know the pain can get pretty intense ... I’m sorry the Toradol wears off before it’s time for your next dose. I think it would be good to ask your doctor if there is anything you can take in-between. Gas X will help with the gas pain.

We have a PFBI forum to help you as you recover from your repairs, etc. Please come and join us if you have questions and need support.

One of the best ways to help prevent having another prolapse is to strictly follow all of your post op restrictions ... no pushing, no pulling, no bending, and no lifting over a gallon of milk. Each of those things put pressure on the pelvic floor and can cause a prolapse. It will also be very important to strengthen your Pelvic Floor muscles (this is more than kegels) ... it would be very worth talking to your doctor about Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy. I went through 4 months of therapy and my muscles are very strong. One more thing would be using vaginal estrogen cream to help strengthen your vaginal walls.

much love took you dear
Unread 08-19-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenaC View Post
Surgery on Monday, home yesterday, discovered this site today.
Swelling and wind my only issues at the moment and neither are bad.
Slept for 10 hours last night and haven't needed to nap today
HelenaC. We’re so happy you found us. I’m so glad you are doing well and able to have a good nights sleep. It’s important to drink lots, rest lots and walk around every hour or so. Best wishes as you continue to heal.

remember we are here for you.
Unread 08-20-2020, 02:00 AM

Hello, had TAH and oopherectomy on Monday. Uterus ‘packed tight’ with fibroids so no question that it needed to be done. Think consultant was a bit shocked by the state of things. First little walk on the ward was really horrible but actually, after that, apart from a dramatic low BP moment, all much much better than I anticipated. Came home in less than 48 hours which was scary but has been okay. Very glad I bought a little bed rail and ‘grabber’ both of which have already been indispensable. Just on over the counter meds. Scared about a BM but it will be okay! All the best to everyone xxx
Unread 08-20-2020, 07:42 AM

2nd full day at home, eating normaly and not needing pain relief and wind is much reduced. Walking around the house every hour. Finding my grabber a great help so I can manage at home.
My concentration is improving but I still wouldn't want to be making important life decisions!
Unread 08-20-2020, 12:28 PM

Hi there, I just returned home from my LAVH removing tubes and cervix. Turns out i had Adenomyosis pretty bad and my dr was not able to put in the urethral sling.
My surgery went well she said. My pain didnt seem to rise above a 5 except for my back, neck, and shoulder pain. Those soared to a 7 and 8. I was given an anti nausea patch behind my left ear. It seems to work wonders!
When I arrived, I was told an emergency bumped me from my OR room 2.
While I was waiting, I was entertained by am elderly patient who had a comedic response for everything. He was born on the day rope was ok invented", he "lost 2 inches due to stress of old age", and he was excited to be receiving "slits for [his] angel wings to be able to fly". Lol. He was having lymph nides removed. I thanked him for the comedic relief as I laughed quite a bit.
After an additional hour, I finally got my turn in OR1 at 9am. When they wheeled me in, the nurse asked if I could try moving myself to the table. I replied sure, may as well while I still can and that the contraption on the table looked to offer a wild ride. Lol. That was the last thing I recall. I awoke in the recovery bay at 230pm. I dunno how long I was in surgery or how long I was under. I can tell you that I had some great holiday 'boots' on for circulation and had no idea why my throat was so painful. Later, my friend reminded me I'd had a breathing tube. Lol.
My nurses were great! I made thank you cards for each of my nurses. Nothing extravagant, but I know they each appreciated it.
The gas pain has been awful so far. I've gotten no more than 4 hours of sleep at a time on percocet. I haven't had a bm, but was able to urinate an hour after my catheter was removed.
Apparently, my pharmacy is not willing to fill my percocets at such a high dose without discussing it with my dr first. So, I wait for the approval.
My animals all have been great once I returned. They are happy to see me as always. I was worried about that.
I am definitely looking forward to bathing tonight since I still have dried blood around my incisions. My abdomen is somewhat swollen, but with the binder, it doesn't feel so bad.
I was able to ask for juice, hot tea, and ice packs at the hospital. They also provided me with a mesh panty and pads to encourage me to walk. They allowed me to keep the extras and I am definitely gonna make use of them. I even got to bring home the bed liners in case I have an accident.
Im still in a bit of pain, but hoping that diminishes. I have 4 laproscopic incisions and some swelling around my lower regio s, but it is a normal at this point. I won't be taking on any hikes for a bit, but I am on the mend.
Prayers to all my HysterSisters for a speedy recovery as well

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register