Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 09, 2020 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 09, 2020 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 09, 2020

Unread 08-09-2020, 01:01 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 09, 2020

Welcome!

This special Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread is for YOU if you are having surgery this week. This thread chat will help you meet others who are having surgery the same week as you, calm your anxiousness, and help answer your last minute questions.

To get started, please introduce yourself, sharing a few things about yourself and your upcoming hysterectomy. Tell us what concerns you have as you prepare for your surgery.

Have patience! Because this is a "COME AND GO" event, check back here during the day for replies with answers, support and hugs from new friends. Our post-op members will be stopping by, too!

As you get to know the other members having surgery this week - you will be meeting up again, after your hysterectomy, in a special thread created just for this week's surgeries in the Post Op Hysterectomy forum.

Please note this thread will close at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2020, 06:18 AM

Hello everyone! My name is Melissa, nickname Lissa. I am having a Davinci hysterectomy with vaginal assist on Friday, the 14th. I have had abnormal paps in the past and lost most of my cervix due to precancerous cells. I am anxious for my surgery, as I have waited almost 10 years to get it done. I am nervous about the recovery period because I am slow to recover from any surgery, but I am ready to not have horribly painful periods. Best wishes to all who are having surgery this week!
Unread 08-09-2020, 06:29 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 09, 2020

Hi my name is Stephanie. I'm 36. I am having a abdominal hysterectomy uterus and tubes removed. They will try to keep my ovaries. I'm nervous about the surgery. This is my very first surgery. But I'm happy to be getting it done. No more heavy periods and passing large blood cloth. And I hope this will take away my lower back pains. I have lots of fibroids on my uterus. I just hope recovery is simple and easy. I'm worried about how ill feel mentally after everything is done and I am home.
Wishing you all the best of luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2020, 06:45 AM

Hi, everyone. I'm Vickie. I will have a DaVinci with vaginal assist on Thursday. I had laparocopy and tubes removed 2 years ago because of endo. It worked flawlessly for 18 months and then the pain returned with a vengeance. The doctor is going to try to leave the right ovary because we know the left has a cyst. I am ready to get this behind me and start the healing process.
Unread 08-09-2020, 07:30 AM

Hello! I am having a laparoscopic hysterectomy tomorrow. I am having everything removed except my ovaries. I hope I am able to keep my ovaries and there are no other issues.*Fingers Crossed*I am super nervous. I’ve been trying to keep busy, so I don’t think about it as much. I’ve been stocking up my bedroom with pillows, water and snacks. Also, put out all of my life insurance polices and employer information. Yes, I know I’m paranoid. I’m just praying for minimal side effects. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery.
Unread 08-09-2020, 08:44 AM

Hi everyone! My name is Melissa and I am 47, having a robotic assisted hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo oopherecromy on Tuesday. I've always had heavy periods but was on birth control pills which helped tremendously.....until I was diagnosed with ER+/PR+ breast cancer. I underwent chemotherapy which stopped my periods for about 2 years. I was on Tamoxifen to eliminate the estrogen in my body, but developed blood clots in my legs as a side effect. They put me on Arimidex daily and I started getting a goserelin shot monthly which was supposed to shut down my ovaries and stop my periods but instead I have been bleeding on and off heavy/light for 4 months. I am not so much nervous about the surgery, just more so for the after effects of losing my ovaries at an early age....bone loss, hot flashes, hair loss. Also wondering if intercourse be the same? Good luck to everyone having surgery this week! We've got this!!!!!
Unread 08-09-2020, 08:56 AM

My name is Channcie. I am having a laparoscopic vaginal assist surgery on Tuesday, they hope to keep my ovaries. I am nervous about the recovery because I am obese and diabetic. I am ready to stop having painful periods and cramps all month long!
Unread 08-09-2020, 09:39 AM

Good Day Everyone,
My name is Sara and I’m having a laparoscopic hysterectomy on Wednesday. I’ve got blood trapped in my uterus and one of my Fallopian tubes. I’m hoping to keep my ovaries as long as they look good. I’m super nervous about whatever pain will show up as I come out of anesthesia.
Unread 08-09-2020, 10:49 AM

Hi Everyone,
My name is Liz and I'll be having a laparoscopic total hysterectomy on Wednesday (keeping ovaries). I have had fibroids for years and now my uterus is the size of an 18 week pregnancy, so it's time. For the last week I've been feeling pretty emotional, crying easily and having a tough time focusing on work. I'm nervous about taking care of myself afterward. I know I'm the type to overdo it and I'm scheduled to start teaching a college course on September 1. Hoping I can swing that because it's just 3 hours of class time a week. Good luck to everyone!
Unread 08-09-2020, 11:04 AM

Hi, Liz. Make sure you rest A LOT before Sept. 1. Are you teaching online or in person? (I work at a University, too, but do not teach).

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizruth View Post
Hi Everyone,
My name is Liz and I'll be having a laparoscopic total hysterectomy on Wednesday (keeping ovaries). I have had fibroids for years and now my uterus is the size of an 18 week pregnancy, so it's time. For the last week I've been feeling pretty emotional, crying easily and having a tough time focusing on work. I'm nervous about taking care of myself afterward. I know I'm the type to overdo it and I'm scheduled to start teaching a college course on September 1. Hoping I can swing that because it's just 3 hours of class time a week. Good luck to everyone!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register