Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 46 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Hello everyone! Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well.
HouseMDfan I am glad you are on the downhill side of it all, and as scary as all the frequent checkups are hopefully they will also bring piece of mind that it is behind you.

In one of my earlier posts I mentioned that my two bottom lap incisions had sutures sticking out of them and were a little red. Well I noticed this evening the bottom left one is starting to open up. I will have to have my husband take a look at it tonight for me, but it looks like the size of a pencil eraser and is draining some clear fluid. In the evenings it becomes pretty tender. I see the doctor monday morning.
Today I was freezing all afternoon despite the 60 degree weather this afternoon and then when we went to church I was having hot flashes so bad, I was getting a bit woozy. This was a new experience for me. Typically I've had my hotflashes during the night. My emotions have still been a bit out of control. Been using some words I don't normally use and my son brings me the tissues. My poor family! I keep telling my kids, I'm sorry mom is just a bit cranky. It's not your fault.

I will also find out my path results Monday. Hopefully just confirming her suspicions! Well thanks for listening or should I say reading. As always I appreciate everyone sharing their stories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2008, 06:37 PM

Hi, all...

It's been a while since I checked up on you all - and SO much going on! Couldn't even find my last post, did anybody else say that their doctor didn't want to see them for 6 weeks?? I did stop by his office of Friday, to give them the paper to complete and fax to my job, so that I can keep it (something having to do with FMLA)

I actually drove today - my dh keeps discouraging me, but since it has been 2 weeks, I'm allowed.

My doc's office told me to KEEP on the steri-strips, but I can cut off the dangly ends - now THAT is a fun thing to sit and try to do! They are supposed to stay on until they fall off. There are NO exterior stitches, no glue, no staples. Just stitched from the inside. A little scary!

My step-daughter (the 24-yr-old psycho one) got really nasty with me today, then threw a hissy fit when she talked to her dad and told him she was moving out - in with her mother. Now, I think this is a good idea, but he is devistated and somehow I am the bad guy. Just what I need with hot flashes and emotions all here and there.

I asked her to do 3 things - that is ALL since she moved in over 4 months ago - to keep her door closed (to keep her cat in), to clean her own dishes (the ones she said she washed last night are back in the sink because they are STILL dirty) and to bring back my favorite casserole pan that she took without permission to her friend's house over thanksgiving. Does that sound like I am being unreasonable? She IS a college graduate with NO job, living in the bedroom of her father and step-mother, giving us lists of what she wants for Christmas and her birthday like a 12-yr-old.

Sorry, I kinda lost it here with you, but I can't talk to my dh (who isn't so D at the moment) so I'm on my own. When this "Princess" came back from a long new year's weekend with her buddies, she walked right past me and didn't even say anything about how I was after the surgery. I'm SO fed up and all I want to do is cry and hit somebody - preferably HER. And, when she left with a friend to wait for her mother (who is equally psycho - truly) to come and get her, she had the nerve to call her father and tell him to FEED HER *******G CAT. it is such a long story, but I'm put up with her and her antics for 9 years - WAY too long for her to treat me like this, An I know it's not ME, 'cause my kids are NICE to me and to her and to my dh.

I'm so sorry - I just can't seem to stop - but if I stop typing, I'll start crying, and I don't want to do that again.

So, for how long after menopause and losing your ovaries, etc to the hysterectomy should I be weepy? I watched "Matilda" and couldn't stop crying at the end - the HAPPY end! I guess I'm gonna have to go back to the library and get the Janet Evanovich books out again and re-read them - they ARE the funniest books written.

Thanks for being here - you are my lifeline, even though I don't post often.
Unread 01-05-2008, 06:40 PM

And, I never, until I saw it here, thought about asking about my path results - DUH. (There was sothing to worry about, I don't think, but still!) I will call for the results, on Monday. Thanks, ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2008, 06:47 PM

"are you still feeling the BM pain? not in just going...BUT do you feel pain with the urge to go?--or can you feel stool moving around in that area? It feels like a nerve is being hit or my intestines are twisted or an intense heaviness to the point where I have to sit on the toilet or bend over to let the pain or movement of bowel pass w or w/o an actuall BM."

frappo - I keep a rolled up towel in the bathroom to press against my abdomin when I have to go. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. As for that feeling that my intestines are twisted - I get that too. It is excruciating and all I can do is stop what I was doing and take deep breaths and when it subsides, I walk to the bathroom and try to go whether I have to or not. The pain in having a BM is lessoning, but the pressure build-up prior is not. Hope this helps,
Hugs,
Jo
Unread 01-05-2008, 07:04 PM

Hi ladies....I guess the healing is not just physical, but emotional too, tonight my two teens nearly got into a little fist fight (19 yo boy, 17 yo girl) I just went to go hide in my room....nothing like siblings who act like they are 2 and 5. As far as the potty goes, as soon as I feel gassy and that "pain" of things starting to move or shift, I get up and walk around, sometimes I have to stop walking and breath like when you are in labor, and I keep walking until it is absolutely time to go...it hurts less than sitting hunched over while everything is shifting around.... I have had nothing but tylenol today and a heat pack on my tummy. I am going to try to take tylenol only tonight too. I hope it works becasue I actually took more naps today than I have in a while, I was sooooo tired today. I can always take Benedryl if I don't fall asleep. Tomorrow night I will try tylenol PM. Catch you all in the morning ladies....sleep well and heal.....
Unread 01-05-2008, 07:08 PM

jamolata....thanks for your advice. I will try that. I'm Planning to call the doctor; this cannot be normal???
Unread 01-05-2008, 07:12 PM

Hi Ladies - I've actually missed reading from everyone. I hadn't received an email in while stating that someone posted and I still don't know how to work my way around the website well enough to find everyone.
Sounds like we are all having a more difficult week. Seems wierd since I was feeling better last week. I finally got the catheter out on Wednesday(after 2 1/2 weeks). I wonder if that is why I am more sore, now that my bladder fills up???? I've just been really uncomfortable. I cried the day of my appointment cause I gained 3 pounds!! I thought for sure that I had lost cause I haven't ate much and I'm only drinking water ( I gave up the pop). It was really a bummer! My tummy is very sore (above my belly button line) and today I feel woosy. Sorry to dump on ya'll but I just want to feel better, like I'm sure you all do as well.
I'm kinda confused on how much is too much and how much is not enough. If I get up and do about anything I end up sleeping for a couple of hours, and if I just lay around I feel down???

Sassy45- sounds like we are having the same kind of day. I came out of surgery with the patch. What are you one? I'm on the Climara (the generic one though) for .10mg I've had two night sweats, and one hot flash??
What is seroma? Never hear of it. But I'm sorry you are going through a rough time with it.

Suzyq - I've been wanting to go to the grocery store as well, let me know how it goes. I did go to the mall and walk for a couple of hours then I came home and slept for 3 hours, it wore me out!
Well have a good night ladies, I'll check back later.
Carol
Unread 01-05-2008, 09:22 PM
tah dec 21

Hi It's been 2 weeks since my tah doing much better. dr said i am healing quite nicely. I still have some pain mostly at night and insomnia still there. as everyone says it gets better everyday. i can't wait to have my nails done. planning this next week. take care ladies
Unread 01-05-2008, 09:28 PM

Sassy - don't be too hard on yourself dear. I've had complications after other surgeries and was so dissapointed. Its nothing you've done wrong, just life. It would be so frustrating to have a setback and have to go to the Dr so often, im feeling frustrated and I've had a good recovery this far, so I can only imagine being in your shoes. Just take care and know we are all thinking of you. Its ok to cry and let it out. You will be better soon!!

I tried the heating pad the other night and I felt more crampy so stopped, although it sounds like its working for others? Today I've felt not just achy but pain as well. I've also had the achy pain in my left groin area. Its not constant though so I haven't gotten too worried.
Hang in there guys - ill check in again tomorrow!
Unread 01-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Surg Dec 20th/Home on the 31st

Had a tough recovery in Hosp, Devoloped ILeus, where my intestines wouldnt wake up, Today I am still swollen from all the IV's and 2- 500cc Boliis bags they gave me to wake my lazy Kidneys, My intestines took the longest, No food by mouth for 2 weeks, Ice chips only. Wouldnt you think I'd have lost weight? Gained 10 from all the flushes and IV's. Today I just want to sleep sleep sleep, I ate real good today nausea gone and pooing fine, And drinking REAl cranberry juice and H20 to flush Kidneys and keep UTI's away. On a elixer pain mixture of Tylenol and vicadine caz my throats so sore from the NG tube. Got my results....Stage1b Endo Cancer ate thru 1/2 of the uterus wall, Grade 3 Agressive//30-35% of Recurrance, So I have to do Radiation down in pelvic area everyday for 2 months which will bring it down to a 10-20% risk. They removed 40 Lymphs and all were clear. Hope everyone is getting better and stronger, Please dont forget rest and sleep you heal while sleeping!!! Hug's to all. Oh I had the Epidural!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register