Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 13-Sep 19,2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 13-Sep 19,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 13-Sep 19,2021

Unread 09-13-2021, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 13-Sep 19,2021

If your hysterectomy was between Sep 13-Sep 19,2021 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2021, 08:24 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 13-Sep 19,2021

Welcome to The Other Side, Princesses !

This is your Recovery Thread, where you’ll be able to share your progress and laugh and cry together as you support one another along the way. I'll be walking alongside you in your recovery journey, sharing my own experiences and pointing you to resources we have here.

Healing is your #1 priority. This was major surgery and healing takes place inside as well as outside. You’re still your doctor’s patient until you’re released, and even then, healing will continue.

Get plenty of rest
Drink plenty of water
Take your meds as directed
Walk as you are able (for now, from your cozy recovery spot to the bathroom or kitchen)

There will be things you cannot and must not do at first , you may experience gas, bowel issues, aches and pains, and your emotions might swing at the drop of a hankie.

And when you’re confused , it’s okay to ask questions, and we welcome you to discuss whatever is on your mind. You are not alone!

For now, rest – and rest well!
Unread 09-14-2021, 10:32 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 13-Sep 19,2021

Hi everyone,
My hysterectomy was yesterday - robotic assisted laparoscopic, kept ovaries. Stayed overnight in the hospital due to pain, nausea & high BP. Went home today, doing better but still lots of belly pain. Was excited to sleep n my own bed, but I’m a side sleeper & cannot sleep on my side right now. Finding it hard to find a comfortable position to sleep in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2021, 07:00 PM
Hysterectomy and Bowel Resection Surgery

Hi, I had a total hysterectomy (uterus, tubes, ovaries and cervix) and I had bowel resection surgery at the same time on 9/14. The doctors had to tag team because of a 10 cm cyst on my ovary that was pushing on my kidneys, which was pushing on my back muscles causing my back pain. The cyst was also stuck to my bowel but that wasn’t the reason for my bowel surgery, that was due to the damage of multiple diverticulitis bouts. I will be in hopefully only 3 days. I am feeling good and it is very important to stay ahead of the pain. Also getting up and walking has been great. My doctor didn’t recommend a binder, but I make sure I have a folded towel on my stomach for some weight.

Hope other Hyster Systers are doing well too.
Unread 09-16-2021, 08:19 AM

Good morning,
I had my hysterectomy yesterday and came home same day. Had robotic assisted laparoscopic, kept ovaries. Slept a lot yesterday and woke up with belly pain around 4 am. I am thinking it is the air in my belly?
Overall I am in a lot less pain than I expected and getting relief with Tylenol.
Unread 09-16-2021, 09:22 AM

Had robot assisted total hysterectomy yesterday.-removed uterus, ovaries and cervix and some lymph nodes. Came home last night. Ended up having to have a large incision made to remove the uterus because the uterus was too big to be taken out vaginally. I had a large fibroid plus a cancer polyp. I am just thankful that the doctor didn't find any indication that the cancer in the uterus had spread but has sent everything off for testing. The large incision the doctor had to make to remove the uterus is really sore. I am just thankful for the good news the doctor gave me.
Unread 09-16-2021, 10:11 AM

Vampirex2, DD14, 4Denise and NKch69! I'm glad y'all have found your Recovery Thread!

Vampirex2, travel-sized pillows helped me in finally being able to sleep on my side - on under my sagging belly, another between my knees. After my most recent open ab surgery (in March), I also used a medium sized pillow behind my back - otherwise I'd twist a bit when drifting off to sleep, and THAT was uncomfortable on the vertical incision!

4Denise, the belly pain could be air, could be the trauma, could be the hospital pain meds wearing off, could be digestive. Do stay ahead of the pain initially by keeping up with any take-home pain meds. With digestive belly pain, walking (just around the house), enough water-water-water to swamp a canoe and foods with fiber and magnesium can help get things moving. It can take anywhere from 3-7 days to have that first BM, especially if you had any bowel prep or a restricted diet pre-op.
Unread 09-16-2021, 03:39 PM
Recovering from Davinci TLVHBSO and right side labiaplasty 9/15/21

I am 51, have been married for 31 years, 2 natural vaginal births 29 and 30 years ago, and we have 5 grandchildren.
Everything went well. My surgery began at 7:30am. I was released from the hospital 27 hours after surgery. We've been home since about 11:30am today, Sept 16.

I am very grateful the anesthesiologist administered the round sticker for nausea and vomiting. I haven't felt dizzy or sick once. I'll keep it on another 2 days.
I started to feel where they worked on things a little after noon. The nurse is came in to take the Foley Catheter out so I could get up and walk around at about 10pm. I had no problem urinating in the 4 hour time frame they gave me before I would have to have had a bladder scan. I have went 5 or 6 times now without incident. They had the calf squeezing things on me to prevent blood clotting for a little while, then must have determined I didn't need them because they never put them back on.

From the moment I came to in the recovery room, my mouth has been SOOOO DRY! I've been drinking water non-stop. They tried to keep my pain under control without narcotics and gave me Toradol through the IV, but that just didn't cut it. My bellybutton and lower abdomen consistently hurt pretty bad even still. I don't know how much, if any, of that pain is from gas trying to escape, but the pain increases dramatically when gas is moving through or my bladder is full. I have not had a bowel movement yet, but am taking Colace 2x a day and Metamucil in the morning. All things considered, I feel well.

My left ovary and fallopian tube had completely adhered to my intestine and had to be detached from it, I had a lot of endometriosis adhesions between my uterus and organs around it, plus scar tissue from my appendix surgery in 2018 that had to be cleaned. It ended up that my uterus was big (the size of a 3 month pregnancy) and misshapen because of the fibroids. I suppose that explains why it has been so difficult to have a bowel movement over the last several months. It also explains why I am having so much pain in my lower abdomen post surgery.

At this point, I am taking the middle amount of the 3 choices of Oxycodone my doctor prescribed. She said I could take 10 mg, 5 mg, or 2.5 mg every 6 hours. I am hoping to get to the lowest dose and then just OTC Tylenol and Ibuprofen by the end of the week. I am not planning to or thinking that I'll need to increase to the highest dosage.

My biggest praise thus far is I have almost zero discomfort, let alone pain, from the labiaplasty! I am shocked. It doesn't even hurt me to pee.
I'm wondering if I was given some sort of numbing medicine? Whether it is answer to prayer or medical treatment, I am happy in either case!
We use a daybed for our living room sofa. We bought a mattress pad to put on top of the twin mattress for me to recover on. It is like laying on a cloud now. Our mini dachshund, Sadie, is laying down at my feet and won't leave my side.
My husband read the Mistersister Handbook and he has been a DREAM!! He's been super attentive. He fed me every bite of food, ice, and water and held my hand very often while in the hospital. Here at home, he's been waiting on me hand and foot.
I think it did him some good to see the pictures my surgeon took of what she removed and what they did during the surgery. He's certainly had a lot more compassion, been much better at thinking ahead about what care I need, and more affectionate during and after this procedure than the previous 3! I love it!!
Thankfully, he was able to move some vacation time around and he'll be home with me for 10 more days.

I am getting up to walk to the bathroom and ventured out to the kitchen. That is as much as I can handle today before the pain increases to almost unbearable. Little steps.

I pray you other hystersisters are recovering well also!
Sincerely,
Kari
Unread 09-17-2021, 07:37 AM

GrammyK5! I'm glad you've joined us in your Recovery Thread!

I'm also glad to know that you and your husband thought the Mister HysterSister's handbook was so helpful. Some women think their guys would be insulted by it... but guys really don't know what this surgery entails - major organ removal and all the severing of blood vessels, ligaments and connective tissue which goes with it. Just because it's a common surgery doesn't mean it's easy or that healing happens in 10 days.
Unread 09-17-2021, 09:02 AM

Hi everyone:
I hope you are each doing a bit better day by day. I still have quite a bit of belly pain. Don’t know if it’s gas or the incisions or stuff inside or a combination of them all. I felt like I was doing a bit better yesterday morning, so I took a shower and waited to take my pain meds. That was a mistake and made for a miserable rest of the day. My surgeon’s office called to check in yesterday. I’ve not had a BM yet, so in addition to the stool softeners I’ve been taking they had me start Miralax today. Now I’m cramping. Ugh - hope it resolves soon. Trying to be patient with myself and my progress. I was able, with the help of many pillows, sleep on my side last night. That was a huge win for me. Wishing you all improvements and patience with the healing process. It does help to hear how you all are doing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register