Food day before surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Food day before surgery Food day before surgery

Unread 05-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Food day before surgery

This website has been soooooo wonderful! I found out three weeks ago that I was having surgery. We scheduled it for June 8th and I would have gone crazy had I not had support from all the wonderful ladies who took time to "talk" about their pre-op and post-op days. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!!!! I feel like I know you all.

I only have one question because the things I've read have been so good. What is your advice about what to eat the day before the surgery. I had gall bladder surgery and was very sick when I woke up. I want to do anything to avoid that now! I'm making plans and already doing grocery shopping as so much is happening with end of the school year, etc.

Thanks again for everything and especially for your prayers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2004, 10:55 AM
Food day before surgery

I found your question in another forum (for tech help) and thought you would get great replies and support for your upcoming surgery right here in "pre-op"!

Hugs to you!
Unread 05-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Food day before surgery

S

Unless your DR gives you special instructions for your diet the day before surgery, eat normally (if you can - nerves). Your body is going to need all the nourishment possible to help with recovery.

This is along the same thought as bowel prep - if you're not instructed to do it - DON'T. Follow the pre op instructions that you are given by your DR.

I had to have an enema the night before and no food after midnight. My "last" meal was a pepperoni pizza. I didn't have any post op bowel issues, until about 10 days post op.

The nausea/vomiting is something to discuss with the anesthesiologist. They can put something in your IV so you won't be sick.

Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register