Natural treatments to shrink fibroids?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Natural treatments to shrink fibroids?? Natural treatments to shrink fibroids??

Unread 04-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Natural treatments to shrink fibroids??

Hey everyone,

I am dealing with some fibroid issues, I have 2 subserosal and one that was reported via ultrasound to sit specifically adjacent to the endometrium and that submucosal extension cannot be excluded.

I am having symptoms for the last few months. I have pain and start cramping 9 to 10 days before my period is even due. My period right now is due next Wednesday and I have been having cramps since Monday! I wonder if my period will even start early as I feel like it might from all this cramping.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone ever tried doing natural treatments to shrink their fibroids? I have read online about some who claim to have shrank and got rid of their fibroids just by avoiding certain foods that can control estrogen which causes the fibroid growth ( all processed sugar, all meats, and processed foods) as well as taking different supplements. Anyone have any experience with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2015, 04:28 PM
Re: Natural treatments to shrink fibroids??

I get migraines and have had stomach issues that nobody could help me with. I changed my diet in January of 2014 to wheat free and basically resolved the stomach issues and reduce my migraines significantly. I was hoping that by eliminating all the processed stuff and sticking with clean eating that somehow my fibroid would take a hit. Unfortunately, the darn thing grew during this time.

I was hoping there was a link.
Unread 04-16-2015, 04:44 PM
Re: Natural treatments to shrink fibroids??

Summertimefan:I have been Gluten free for over 8 years now and it really helped my upper gut issues tremendously. I also try and avoid processed foods and eat as organic as possible. I have other health issues ( Interstitial Cystitis, IBS, fibromyalgia, chronic inflammation). I am petrified of surgery due to it possibly making my Interstitial Cystitis worse. IC is the worst health affliction I deal with and the most painful. I am just worried I am going to start bleeding due to the fibroid that is possibly partially submucosal. I get UTI's after my periods sometimes as it is and hate when I get my period for that reason alone. I am unable to take most antibiotics as it is or I am resistant to them. There is part of me that would love to just not have a period ever again. But then I read all the horror stories about how hysterectomy causing permanent bowel issues( obstructions) and bladder damage. Yikes, this scares me to death especially with all the issues I already have. What even causes fibroids? Natural doctors say it is from a faulty hormonal system that causes hormones to dysfunction. What is your take?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register