TAH for Adenomyosis and Endo | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH for Adenomyosis and Endo TAH for Adenomyosis and Endo

Unread 01-23-2004, 05:50 PM
TAH for Adenomyosis and Endo

Hi everyone! I new at this so I'm nervous. I am schedueld for TAH on February 23rd. Uterus, cervix and right ovary will be taken out. Not sure how extensive endo is so we'll see when they get it there. Had pain all the time, before, during and after. Uterus filled with tumors. I also have other health problems. I have been diagnosed with Diffuse Esophageal Spasms and am in excruciating pain from that also. I am really worried about the spasms when I'm in surgery. Right now, I can't eat any solid for because of the spasms and the food gettng stuck. I'm 37 years old and am sick and tire of being sick and tired.

On top of that I have panick/anxiety attacks.

But my question to everyone here is how much pain are we talking about after surgery? What kind of pain meds to they give you? I am so tired of feeling pain, I want to to go away.

Need answers fast!!

my3sons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2004, 05:53 PM
forgot to ask something

I forgot to ask one important question. What is the average weight loss after a hysterectomy? Due to my other problems, I have lost 30 pounds, leaving me at 117 lbs. Since I still can't eat and they will be removing this stuff from my body, I figured I'd be losing more weight????

my3sons
Unread 01-23-2004, 06:08 PM
You'll be fine!

Hang in there....You sound so much like me! I had my TAH on January 3rd. I am now 3 weeks post-op. I had adenomyosis and endo, a very enlarged uterus. I've had a few hold ups in recovery, but the pain is definately controlled with percocet. Today I was at the Dr and he also said I should start adding lots of Motrin, too.

The reason I think you'll feel so much better is that before I had my hysterectomy, I had years and years of painful periods, but even more than that, I had ESOPHAGEAL Spasms, too! Do you notice they get worse right before your period? No one would believe me. Until finally they did lots of tests and found I had a hiatal hernia and the beginnings of Barretts' Esophagus. I finally had a surgery to correct everything. It is called Nissan Fundoplication Surgery. I am so much better now.

The surgery didn't cause any complications for my esophagus other than a little sore throat from the tube during anesthesia. I know it is scarey. I had so many concerns and questions and I was so happy when it was over. You will be too! Every day is a better day.

Be sure to tell the nurses and doctors about your pain level and don't be afraid to ask questions and tell them your worries. Good luck to you. I'll be thinking of you. Give yourself lots of time and pampering. You're lucky you found your Sisters! They provide so much support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Hang in there my3sons !!

don't worry about post-op pain...I experienced only mild discomfort, and only used the morphine drip once or twice. My discomfort was controlled by motrin. I had the TAH with both ovaries removed. I think you will find the recovery will be much less pain than you deal with on a regular basis !! I know it's scary waiting for the operation, but you will find this is the worst part of the whole experience. Just make sure you have plans in place so you can rest & recover nicely when you get home. that is really the most important part of this. I don't think you will have further weight loss, but you will have to have supplies of food on hand you can keep down, since eating and drinking water will aid in your recovery... Take care... Becky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register