Pre-ops today at Doc's and Hospital | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-ops today at Doc's and Hospital Pre-ops today at Doc's and Hospital

Unread 09-29-2008, 07:34 AM
Pre-ops today at Doc's and Hospital

Well... today is the day!! The pre-op day that is... at my doctors and at the hospital.

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to it... it means they'll draw blood (I am very hard to draw blood from, only place they can get it is from my hand or wrist).

Also, I don't take pain meds for my pain... I take a ton, an absolute ton of advil (at least 8 a day). I know I have to stop taking advil... where is that going to leave me?

This weekend was quite miserable, I spent most of Saturday sick to my stomach and yesterday with horrible pains in my left ovary.

Anyway, I have my pre-op check list and feel as best as I can about it all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2008, 07:55 AM

I freaked out at my preop... The surgical consent forms nearly put me over the edge... But, I am soooooooooooo glad I did it all and am post op now.

You should consider taking some pain meds. You dont want to strain your body any more than you have to right now.
Unread 09-29-2008, 08:55 AM

good luck at the apointments, i hate when they take blood too ouch. i took pain meds till the night befor i had to stop.
hugs
Lisa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2008, 10:04 AM

Audra, Hey good-luck I feel your nerves. My pre-op appt. is tomorrow! When is your surg. date? Mine is friday. Hang in there and stay hydrated so they can find a vein easier. Best wishes.
Lisa
Unread 09-29-2008, 06:22 PM

My pre op was today also but my dr cancelled she tweaked her back...my surgery is Oct 8...so now my pre op is Oct 6, 2008
Unread 09-29-2008, 07:42 PM

Hi Everyone

So, the pre-op appointments went pretty good... all the expected stuff... some odd things too...

First, I have to have a Betadine Douche and Shower before I go to the hospital... anyone heard of this before...??

They took A TON of blood... 5 tubes... but the girl was good and got me in the arm, not the hand or wrist.

Bowel Prep... NO ENEMA (Yippee!!).. but I have to drink some stuff... I'll give you guys the details tomorrow... something I mix with gatorade??

Lisa Ann... My surgery is Oct 7. Good luck with yours.. let me know how your preop goes
Unread 09-30-2008, 06:39 AM

I had a betadine douche the morning of my surgery but did not have to shower with it. The bowel prep is not a lot of fun but is doable; just remember to drink it chilled and as quickly as you can ( the taste is not great ). Then stay near the potty and have some soft wet wipes handy.

S
Unread 09-30-2008, 10:31 AM

Jeanus... did the douche burn? I am worried about it burning...
Unread 09-30-2008, 01:41 PM

My pre-op today was a little un-nerving. DH and I went as planned, talked at length and I feel even more confused than I did yesterday!!! Now I'm having it at the hospital instead of the surgery center. He plans a LAVH BUT said there is a 70% chance of going TAH because of the vertical scars!!! He wants me in the hospital incase I have to stay ( I guess that part is a good idea) At the hospital they took blood, did EKG and signed my "life" away. But on the upside- NO prep!!!! Haha...sorry, that's the only positive I could find. Because of his rough exam I now have full blown cramps. Do have to shower with anti-bacterial soap morning of.
Best wishes to the rest of you gals,
Lisa
Unread 09-30-2008, 06:41 PM

hey guys,
well my surgery is october 8th, its vaginal and lapro total. I have my pre op appointment tomorrow. I'm not really nervous about it as much as I am having to find out what I have to do next tuesday night. I'm more worried about that than anything. And worried about how I'm gonna feel after the surgery. I have a 3 year old who doesn't understand. I'm worried.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register