Scheduled LAVH Hysterectomy cnaceled. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy cnaceled. Hysterectomy cnaceled.

Unread 08-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Hysterectomy cnaceled.

Hi friends,

My friend Marie came and picked me up and took me to surgery early this morning. We waited and they called me in to prep me for surgery and all of a sudden this nurse walks in my room and says," You will not be having surgery today your doctor wants to apologize to you." The nurse went on to say."I know you did the colon cleanse for this prep yesterday and went with out food all day but we are suppose to give you a 30 day period by your insurance to think over this decision and to make a decision if you want to go through with this or not so your insurance will not cover it." I must say I was a bit taken back. But I honestly was not upset because I trust the Lord and His timing on the whole thing.

I am rescheduled for surgery Sept 22 I am to be at the Hospital at 6:00am. I did want to update you on the new schedule of the surgery as well.

Love and blessings
Jeanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Re: Hysterectomy cnaceled.

(((Big Hug)))

I really feel for you. You are taking this much better than I have. I will try to draw on some of your strength. I am waiting for a call back from my Pastor and hope that I may be able to gain some better perspective from putting it all in the hands of a higher power.

I am so sorry that you have to go through the colon cleanse all over again.
Unread 08-25-2010, 07:41 PM

Hang in there steady one! I can somewhat relate to your situation. My original date had to be changed and at first they wanted to push it 6 more weeks into the future. I was given the option of a sooner date that was not so good for me or my work, but went ahead and took it. I agree God does things for a reason, and you certainly don't want to have to fork out the dough if your insurance won't cover it. I know it's hard to wait, but hang in there!! This will just give you time to get ultra prepared!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2010, 07:53 PM

Whoa! I honestly can NOT imagine being in that situation, but it sounds like you are handling it all with an amazing attitude. Kudos for that! Hopefully it will all work out MUCH smoother in a month!
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:05 PM

Hi steadyone

Your post sounded so calm. They would have had to give me a mega sedative to be that calm.

My heart goes out to you tonight!!!

Hugs,
Suzanne
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:16 PM

Hi yeah actually I was very calm I trust the Lord in all of this and believe it would be better latter next month then now I have so much going on at this point.

I do hate drinking the colon cleans uck! I am not looking forward to that at all!!!

You guys are awesome thanks for all your support

Hey where are the smiley's?

Hugs
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:20 PM

Steadyone -

It is great the you are calm over the change in your date.

In order to make sure you are with the right Recovery Progress thread once you have your surgery, make sure that you change the date in your profile.

as you wait for your new date.

G.
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:26 PM

Hi Jeanie! I'm Jeanie too! Now you have more time to prepare! Only God knows the reason for the delay and that is all that matters. Sending you prayers and good wishes!

Jeanie
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:48 PM

Wow, what a great attitude you have! I agree, there must be a reason for the delay, whether you ever know about it or not.
Unread 08-25-2010, 09:24 PM

Hi Jeanie, you are a remarkable woman being able to take the news of your surgery cancellation so calmly. I too had my surgery cancelled on 17/08/10 after sitting in waiting room for 7 and half hours and having fasted for over 36 hours and also done bowel prep! I can tell you I was a mess when they told me they wouldn't be doing my surgery because they had gone over schedule for that day! I cried uncontrollably for hours - the emotional stress and preparation was too much!!

I have now had my surgery on 20th August and I am recovering well - I am glad its finally over with and I can focus positively on my recovery - which I am sure you will be looking forward to in September!

Good luck with your surgery and I'm sure with your calm, relaxed disposition your recovery will be a speedy one!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register