Finally got my date?!?!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally got my date?!?!? Finally got my date?!?!?

Unread 02-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Finally got my date?!?!?

I just got the call! I have my date March 12th. I am happy to finally know when but now reality is starting to set in.

Now what? It's really going to happen. I have never had surgery before and I am really afraid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Re: Finally got my date?!?!?

First you should be just fine. I think I read somewhere, that hys is the 2nd most common surgery for women behind a c-section.
You will have lots of time to read on these boards and hopefully answer all your questions.
Try not to be afraid, I have had several small ops before and have been put to minimal sleep several times too. It really doesnt bother me at all. I love my Dr. so much and have tons of trust in him. Last week when they were rolling me in the operating room, I was still cutting up with him.
I wish you the best!
Unread 02-20-2012, 07:55 PM

I know it is scary. This is MAJOR SURGERY - of course you are unsettled and nervous. It is hard to turn yourself over like this. The doctors and nurses will take very good care of you - they don't want anything to happen to you either. There will be a whole group of medical people in the OR just taking care of you. They all have lots of training, and they will see you through this.

This is a very emotional surgery. It is difficult to wrap your brain around. Post your questions, emotions and concerns. We are here for you and we will also help you through this.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 02-21-2012, 06:54 AM

Hi! Of course you are worried. But the risks are very small, doctors and nurses will take good care of you.

I've had several operations, not fun, but for me it helps to focus on the recovery, not the operation? To focus on getting better. Use the time before the operation to take good care of yourself, pamper yourself a bit, you deserve it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register