Any other crafting junkies out there? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > There's No Place Like Home

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any other crafting junkies out there? Any other crafting junkies out there?

Unread 01-15-2013, 05:55 AM
Any other crafting junkies out there?

In my quest to find things to occupy me during this time it has come to my attention, there are not a whole lot of things left for me to try, within my financial means of course...

Let me run down my list of crafts I've attempted in my life... Please, feel free to add your own so I don't feel quite so demented.

Candles & Soap - had my own business for nearly 10 years
knitting
beading
decorative painting
sewing
cross stitching (failed miserably might i add)
scrap-booking
re-cycling / up cycling

I know there are more I just can't think of now.. Come on, who else is constantly trying to find something to take up time & make them a better person (my excuse usually lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2013, 06:08 AM
Re: Any other crafting junkies out there?

I make bridal brooch bouquets!
Unread 01-15-2013, 06:48 AM

Currently, I knit and do rubber stamping/paper crafting (mostly making cards). Past crafting attempts include cross stitching, tile coasters, bath salts/scrubs, and needle felting.

I hope to keep myself occupied post-op with knitting and some small paper crafting projects. I need to pull out some of my old crafting magazines for inspiration!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2013, 12:34 PM

Me! I love crafting, and my pinterest boards are stuffed with ideas I haven't had time to try. One of the few bright spots of my surgery is that I'll have four to six weeks off work, so maybe I can get some crafting in while I'm recuperating! I love sewing, decorative painting, jewelry making and cross stitch.
Unread 12-03-2013, 09:28 AM

I do sewing, beading, some scrap booking, woodwork - mostly remodeling projects. I have done cross stitch and embroidery. I also tried my hand at knitting and crochet with disastrous results.
Unread 12-03-2013, 10:24 AM

I love crafts, all of them!
Unread 12-03-2013, 10:32 AM

Here's a cheap idea... Noodle Art!

Now don't laugh google it...it winter time and you can make snowflakes and paint them!

Also this year I am stringing popcorn for our tree...as I sit and heal!
Unread 02-08-2014, 01:32 PM

I do a bit of everything. It just depends were my mind has wandered off to at that time. I got REALLY BIG into making hair bows. All sizes...all colors...but did I mention I have 3 sons and 0 daughters. LOL Well at least I was the favorite auntie!!
Unread 02-08-2014, 01:40 PM

Love crafting too!
Sewing,knitting,cross stitch (my fav), jewlery making, beading, painting, candle making,....however I just could not concentrate during the first few weeks of recovery, but I'm starting a new cross stitch now for a friends grand daughter !

Happy crafting
Unread 02-09-2014, 12:00 AM

omg, am a craftaholic and can not wait until i can actually sit up and at a table for a few hours so i can bead/sew/ paint/ craft/ anything again. it will literally save me from my boredom but still can't do much :-(

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register