Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Massachusetts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!! Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!!

Unread 03-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!!

Well, I had my first day back at work (in the office as opposed to working from home) and managed a half day... now I want to take a nap and they keep calling me for other stuff.

Wow BustaB, cauterization??? To be honest, I'd wonder what the heck is bleeding if they removed your cervix.... unless you had some endo tissue in there... cause otherwise, I know they SAY you can have some bleeding in the first 4 weeks, and to call if it's heavier than a "heavy" period.... for ME that'd be a pretty scary amount of blood. But it sounds like you're just dealing with remnants.... I go for my second post op Friday so they can check the healing of the cuff. I've seen TWO stitches pass so I know they're dissolving. I assume that's a sign of healing. And I"ve had no bleeding, another good sign in my book, but I'll find out for certain. I don't blame you for having trouble walking around in that wind yesterday. It was awful!!! Walking for me is a slow thing anyway... I walked a couple blocks to the office today and was wishing I'd broken the rules and parked in the lot. Phew I was beat by the time I got to the building. I'm getting a ride tomorrow because I don't think I can clean snow and ice off my car and we're expecting squalls.... I drive an SUV and reaching up over the hood of the car when yo'ure my size is a challenge even when I"m tip top! LOL

Enjoy the opportunity to relax during the rest of the month. I'm hoping by April I"m starting a new job so we'll see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2007, 06:13 AM

Hi Massachusetts ladies--

BusterB, I am one year ahead of you, surgery in the good old New England winter and, as tough as recovery can be, wouldn't you rather go through it now when everyone is cooped up and then when the warm weather is around, you can get right on track and join in with alll the outdoor activity?? I know what you mean about these winters, I went through the same thing last year but when summer came I was fully recovered and good to go---hang in there, brighter days are just around the corner!
all the best,
Kate
Unread 03-11-2007, 08:33 AM

Had my second post op and the doc says everything is healing VERY nicely. There are a few stitches remaining in the cuff which he feels will take a few more weeks to heal up, and he reminded me that total internal healing will take up to a year so give myself time. I did have a busy day Thursday, going to a job interview in Boston in the morning, work in the afternoon and a singing rehearsal at night. My stomach was totally numb by the time I'd gotten home and I was TIRED!!!! Friday I worked from home because we had no working elevator in my building and walking up multiple flights of stairs would have put me over the edge, plus I had my doc appt. but today I"m feeling pretty well! Lots of sleep yesterday helped alot. I think we just need to remember, its okay to set "stretch" goals, but also to realize we need time in between reaching those goals to rest rest rest!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2007, 07:36 PM

Hi busterb
I get that with the weather it was awful through that cold trying to get around
I had a total hyst ovaries cervix tubes uterus and surrounding lymph nodes my incision was from hip to hip
Just had my 6 week check up and guess what the internal started the bleeding back!
It just stopped and now it's back Said I could go back to work on the 26th part time for 30 hours per week for 2 weeks then full time
I tell you I am nervous going back I am feeling better but get extremely tired and the swelly belly doesn't quit gets worse as the day goes on.
I am 48 will be 49 next month and feel at least 70!!
I hope that eases I just want to be me again.
good luck hope the bleeding has eased for you
Unread 03-16-2007, 06:19 PM
New England Winters and Recovery

Beverly, Mass here, I am sooooo happy I had mine in December. I healed during the winter, and will be ready to hit the sun and outdoors for summer. I am back at my gym and in the pool. Whatever season is your favorite, I think you should have the surgery a different season, just my opinion. I had an awesome surgeon and nurses here, wouldn't have this operation any other place.
Unread 03-19-2007, 10:23 AM

Hello ladies! Middlesex County here.
I had my hyst about a year ago, having it done in winter does make you kind of down with the cabin fever but I'd rather have it then instead of when I want to be doing things (gardening, etc.). Also really had no choice since I couldn't stop bleeding...

I did bleed for a few days after but it eventually stopped then some discoloration (I had cervix removed also). Some of that bleeding could be normal healing, some could be areas that did not take to suturing, never know until you meet with your doctor.

For those who have recently gotten the op., be careful you don't overdo it on the days you feel good. I had to force myself to relax, got a lot of projects done (cross stitch that I've been working on for a while, letters written, reading, etc). I was productive while sitting on my b*** watching TV but I felt okay because I got things done.

Be careful about what you eat for a few weeks also, spicy or gassy items can make you feel worse and my doctor said that eating a lot of dairy products could constipate you. Man, I thought recover would be easy....

Take care everyone.
Don't push yourselves! I had to force myself to relax and continually remind myself that I just had major abdominal surgery to recoup from.
Unread 03-19-2007, 04:37 PM

Doglover 1,

Just wanted to say hello. I am from Westford and had my surgery just about a month before yours....big difference from last year to this huh?? I had a TAH, with ovaries, everything removed and didn't take any HRT so that took little adjusting. But you're so right about forcing yourself to relax after major surgery; it's really important in the recovery process. And if you have to be cooped up indoors, you might as well do it when everyone else is housebound--I think it would be harder in the summer when everyone is running around, going to cookouts, the beach etc. Anyway, glad to hear you are hanging in there, just wanted to say hello---Kate
Unread 03-19-2007, 08:14 PM

Hi Kate - I'm from North Chelmsford... we're neighbors! It sounds like by summer last year you were feeling much better, yes??? That's what I"m hoping for.
Unread 03-20-2007, 04:20 AM

Hi there!

I'm in Chelmsford all the time--I think I have a table at Panera Bread with my name on it!! Anyway, you're right, by summer I was doing much better, and I think you will be too. You are still early in your recovery but I bet you notice a difference from those hunched over days straight home from the hospital. I was still spending most days on the couch at this point, but by summer I was biking on the CapeCode bike path...it's amazing how your body can bounce back. Take care of yourself, all the best, Kate
Unread 03-20-2007, 05:31 AM

Love that Panera's! Good to hear I"ll be up and around by summer. Its true I feel MUCH better today than I did during that first week. Every day is an improvement, and every step is a moment when I realize how much further I have to go but I'm keeping a positive outlook and currently feeling that slipping on the ice over the weekdn and the majorly bruised behind I got was on purpose to make myself take it easy becaues I'd started to push myself! Nice to know when we dont take care of ourselves our bodies step in and do it for us! LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register