Anal pain? sorry tmi | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anal pain? sorry tmi Anal pain? sorry tmi

Unread 12-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Anal pain? sorry tmi

I had my surgery on 12/13, a TAH. I have had severe pain in my bottom. I was constipated and have now aleviated that with laxitives. I was taking a stool softner, but it wasn't getting the job done. Anyone eles had pain in there booty? It is very embarrasing but my husband has been a trooper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2004, 07:17 PM
Anal pain? sorry tmi

I have had this off and on...I don't know what cuases it but sometimes its sooo uncomfortable I have taken pain meds. I have had to get up at night and walk around for the pain to go away or change positions in bed. I'm 9 weeks tomorrow and it happens less and less...I would also like to hear if others have had this problem and what causes it.

Take care,

Shelly
Unread 12-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Anal pain? sorry tmi

Me Too!
I was constipated and have gotten that under control. I didn't have any discharge until after that. Now everytime I have to use the toilet esp. when having a B.M. I bleed. I am sore and have been using tucks. My cervix also feels tender inside. I don't really know what to do about it but be very careful with my diet, don't take pain meds and wait for it to heal.
Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2004, 08:26 PM
Anal pain? sorry tmi

I am so glad I asked. It is so weird, my vagina is sore from the vaginal cuff procedure, my incision is doing really well. But the pain is driving me CRAZY
Unread 12-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Anal pain? sorry tmi

Hi,

Having no bowel movement for seven days post surgery, I was very much in distress. The lower pelvic/bowel pressure was terrific and the feeling that I needed to go NOW but that it was cemented in.... was the worse!
I spoke to my doctor about that and she said the bowel was moved around...both the upper and the lower intestine. It was moved and then clamped according to my surgery reports. After the surgery she said sometimes the bowel ends up in a different position and it doesn't like it. The food and waste is use to traveling a certain terrain and now it's different. Surgery itself is hard on the intestines starting with bowel prep the night before. Then there is the general and or the spinal that stops the bowel, and now add the pain meds (that are constipating), our stress, the inactivity, then the addition of stool softeners, gas-x, and laxitives and we are a mess! There was so much pressure that I would bleed from the vagina afterwards.
Once you get the bowel to move, keep the softeners( 2 aday) going and try to let the diet correct it. The softeners do work and having the stool soft as compared to CONCRETE is heaven. Laxitives are too harsh to use frequently. Hopefully, the pain will ease up with time. I'm 3 weeks post and still hurt on and off. It's a real balancing act with fiber, water, fruit, etc. Also found smaller meals better than the large one at night.
I do hope we find relief some day soon.
Maralyn
Unread 12-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Anal pain? sorry tmi

Quote:
Originally posted by nmci
Me Too!
I was constipated and have gotten that under control. I didn't have any discharge until after that. Now everytime I have to use the toilet esp. when having a B.M. I bleed. I am sore and have been using tucks. My cervix also feels tender inside. I don't really know what to do about it but be very careful with my diet, don't take pain meds and wait for it to heal.
Nancy
The bleeding and soreness could be from straining to have a bowel movement. You should really try and not push, just wait for gravity and mother nature to take its course. If you sit down and in 30 seconds nothing happens, get up and walk around and do it again until it happens. I know how miserable it is.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register